2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

13 hours ago, tfall2019 said:

Congratulations! Just wondering when you heard back from U of T? Haven't received any news yet and wondering if this is indicative of a rejection :(

I heard from them Wed. March 13! I wouldn't lose hope those as I only have 2 weeks to accept the offer, and from looking at last year's forum, some people didn't receive formal rejections until June. I think they keep the offer window small so they can get the waitlist moving quickly.

13 hours ago, lighght said:

Do you think you'd go to UBC if they accepted you?

Probably not... I love UBC and they have some incredible faculty here in SPPH, but nothing about the program particularly stands out to me, other than the fact that UBC has a strong presence of health work in northern/rural & indigenous communities.

46 minutes ago, Sarah FR said:

Probably not... I love UBC and they have some incredible faculty here in SPPH, but nothing about the program particularly stands out to me, other than the fact that UBC has a strong presence of health work in northern/rural & indigenous communities.

How does UBC compare to SFU? 

1 hour ago, Kammi said:

Hello. Please have you gotten any idea about fulfilling the statistics requirements. I also didn't do it in my university. Thanks

You can take the statistics course at another university or you can look into Athabasca University which offers a full range of online courses. It's best to ask the university you want to apply to to see if they have options for you.

6 hours ago, Toofster7 said:

I’m having a hard time deciding between Queens MPH and Brock MPH (online). Could someone give me any insight on either program? 

Congrats! Well the MPH at Brock is a fairly new program. It was only launched in 2016 so there isn't much information out there yet.  Queen's seems to be a more established program.

23 minutes ago, Ly2019 said:

Congrats! Well the MPH at Brock is a fairly new program. It was only launched in 2016 so there isn't much information out there yet.  Queen's seems to be a more established program.

This is true. Keep in mind Brock does have the oldest Bachelor of Public Health program in Canada. Many of the BPH professors are actually the MPH professors, so the teaching quality is definitely there. 

10 hours ago, Sarah FR said:

Ah, I see. So choosing between Toronto and Columbia? Sounds pretty lit but I suppose as a Canadian it’s hard to pay US tuition. Toronto seems like a good choice if financials aren’t an issue!

Hello there, 

I am an international student (dentist from India)

I applied to a few universities. I got offer from Western and I accepted it.

Is there anyone else who has received acceptance for MPH from Western University for Fall 2019 admissions?

Edited by Janak Harish Kumar

2 hours ago, HPRO said:

Just got acceptance at Waterloo! I've now heard back from all schools and time for decisions.. I was set on UAlberta but now I'm unsure. Any input on UWaterloo vs UAlberta for MPH???? HELP!

Congrats. Did your portal change or did you get an email? 

Random question. On one of my offer letters, it says “Condition(s) for Admission: None”. 

This means no maintaining any average, correct? I already have a degree so I feel like that’s why it’s non conditional. 

2 minutes ago, haylz said:

Random question. On one of my offer letters, it says “Condition(s) for Admission: None”. 

This means no maintaining any average, correct? I already have a degree so I feel like that’s why it’s non conditional. 

In simple English, the letter is non conditional (no conditions ) it means you have met the university academic requirements

1 minute ago, Emilia Marie said:

In simple English, the letter is non conditional (no conditions ) it means you have met the university academic requirements

Haha thanks! Just me over analyzing, worried something will go wrong ?. Took me a solid 3 days before I actually believed the offer was real. 

4 hours ago, HPRO said:

Just got acceptance at Waterloo! I've now heard back from all schools and time for decisions.. I was set on UAlberta but now I'm unsure. Any input on UWaterloo vs UAlberta for MPH???? HELP!

Uwaterloo has MPH? Is it an online course? I checked Uwaterloo before and I'm pretty sure tho....

7 hours ago, haylz said:

I'm not sure if that's the reason, because my letter says the same thing and I haven't completed my degree yet. 

8 hours ago, dknyy18897 said:

Uwaterloo has MPH? Is it an online course? I checked Uwaterloo before and I'm pretty sure tho....

Yes it's online with two 2-week on campus courses.