2018-2019 Application Thread

Leo9

I was wondering whether all American universities decided to admit only students from the US or foreign applicants did not hear about this website. On the survey page, almost all admitted students are Americans or foreign students with a US degree. What do you think about my conspiracy theory?

34 minutes ago, eggsalad14 said:

Someone reported a Berkeley admit via email...

There's nothing on my Berkeley account as of right now. Can anyone confirm?

how do you check your Berkeley account? Is it just where we submitted the application?

7 minutes ago, dante! said:

I was wondering whether all American universities decided to admit only students from the US or foreign applicants did not hear about this website. On the survey page, almost all admitted students are Americans or foreign students with a US degree. What do you think about my conspiracy theory?

I think the entire phenomena of being paranoid about admissions is somewhat American (and if you don't believe me, look up "college confidential"), and I assure you that students with foreign degrees do get into grad schools. 

Anyone know anything about that lone U of Oregon acceptance? my application portal still says "pending" and I've not received any emails from them or anything. Its also a bit early for an Oregon acceptance, according to the results page they usually come in like mid-Feb or so?

Anyone care to claim it?   

7 minutes ago, eggsalad14 said:

Lol big jk just got a Berkeley acceptance haha 

CONGRATULATIONS!!

If you don't mind me asking, what field did you apply for, and what time zone are you in? I applied to Berkeley as well and am high key freaking out.

6 minutes ago, eggsalad14 said:

Not personalized aside from what someone can easily do with a mail merge. It still says submitted. 

Thank you and congrats!! No news for Princeton or Berkeley for me today. This whole process has me missing college admissions where you could log in and get a firm rejection at the same time as all the acceptances. 

1 minute ago, rainydaze said:

Thank you and congrats!! No news for Princeton or Berkeley for me today. This whole process has me missing college admissions where you could log in and get a firm rejection at the same time as all the acceptances. 

Oh boy do I not miss those days I spent on college confidential though. (shout out to the undergrads that rejected me on that same ivy league decision date, y'all missed out)