2018-2019 Application Thread

Leo9

11 minutes ago, Chronicoverthinker said:

Should I assume, if i haven't heard from princeton or Berkeley today, that it is a rejection?

I don’t really know, I’m sorry. The emails I received didn’t make any indication either way. 

21 minutes ago, Chronicoverthinker said:

Should I assume, if i haven't heard from princeton or Berkeley today, that it is a rejection?

according to last year's results, berkeley sent our acceptances over two consecutive days, so there's possibly hope??? i don't know, i'm feel pretty down about it though rn not gonna lie

I just got my rejection from Berkeley (arrived at 6:15pm their time, so I'll boost my confidence and say that means they were considering me for one of the last spots, lol). Sounds like from the email they made all their decisions. Slightly dissapointed, but it's a long season and I applied to many more places. Congrats to everyone who got in! 

Edited by schuaust

1 hour ago, peggy.olson said:

I'm hoping Duke might come out soon — they released decisions on Jan 30th last year (a Tuesday), but that may have been an anomaly as they usually release the first week of Feb (from what the results page looks like). Ughhhh I'm just refreshing my email all day !!!

Yeah me too!! It feels like right now there are a lot of great programs where it wouldn't be surprising to hear back from them at any moment (Duke; UC- LA/SD/Davis) but it also seems possible that we might not hear anything for a week or more. It's nerve-racking!

14 minutes ago, wara said:

Yeah me too!! It feels like right now there are a lot of great programs where it wouldn't be surprising to hear back from them at any moment (Duke; UC- LA/SD/Davis) but it also seems possible that we might not hear anything for a week or more. It's nerve-racking!

I know I've never been less productive in my life than this past week  ?

Looks like we won't be hearing anything today though sadly :(

2 minutes ago, IR1221 said:

Just got waitlisted for UVA- came through as a portal email.

did you get an email telling you to check your on-line portal? 

I just checked mine and it doesn't have any place for a decision or anything like that 

Just now, Dwar said:

did you get an email telling you to check your on-line portal? 

I just checked mine and it doesn't have any place for a decision or anything like that 

Yeah I got an email saying that my decision was on the portal, and then the waitlist letter was in the portal