2019 Canadian SLP Thread

On 4/29/2019 at 6:44 AM, whalezie said:

Holy cow, a 90 equates to a B+ for you? Wouldn't that be converted to each school's grading scale? 

There’s no set grading scale at my university, so I doubt it would be converted. It just shows up as a B+ on my transcript. A 90 is typically an A- though, but for this class you needed a 91 for an A- because class average needed to be around a 1.7

Edited by Slpeechie

On 4/22/2019 at 10:18 AM, SLPapplicant6 said:

Hello!

I got my call from Western on Thursday and I am soooo excited! This was my second year applying. I was waitlisted at Western last year as well but ultimately did not receive an offer so to get one this year is such a dream come true! 

I was wondering if anyone else was still unable to see their offer on ORPAS? I know Janet said it would take a couple days but I just want to make sure. 

Also - is there a Western facebook group yet? I would love to connect with everyone! 

Congrats!! Would you mind pm’ing me your stats please?!

On 4/18/2019 at 11:49 AM, Hopeful_Speechie said:

Hi guys!

I was accepted off of the waitlist for Western yesterday! However, I will be attending UofA so a spot will be opening up to someone else! Good luck!  :)

UofA Western McMaster

Accepted Waitlisted Rejected

Woo congrats! Would you mind pm’ing me your stats please?!

To those people who were accepted off the waitlist to Western, Did Janet only call you guys or did she also leave an email? and also did she mention at all how many/ what spot you were on the waitlist? and if someone feels comfortable  PMing their stats that would be much appreciated! sorry for the long message and questions, this waiting game is very draining and stressful and I just want a general idea of what my chances may be. Thanks so much and congrats on your acceptances! :) 

On 4/12/2019 at 4:59 PM, student1995 said:

I just accepted my offer from the U of A and declined Dal! A spot should be opening up for someone on the Dal waitlist! 

Hey, I'm just curious what made you decide U of A over Dalhousie? I am currently debating between the two programs. 

On 5/1/2019 at 11:54 AM, SpeechieSLP2019 said:

Hey guys!

Been following this thread since I started working on my application to Dal, and I just received my unofficial acceptance off the waitlist this morning!! Couldn't be happier!

Good luck to everyone still waiting - I know how rough it is! 

Congrats on getting in! You should join the facebook page for Dal SLP students. Just search "Dalhousie SLP 2022".

On 4/22/2019 at 3:37 PM, _speechie said:

Congrats on getting accepted on Thursday! I also got accepted on Thursday and my offer hasn't appeared on ORPAS today either, so hopefully they show up for us tomorrow and then things will be more official! 

I would also love to know if there is a facebook group for Western!!

Our Orientation reps will make a fb group for all CSD students (SLP + Aud) shortly after your deposits are made to hold your place! 

I’m accepted to Alberta and was registering for my classes. For the class “Int D 410: Interprofessional Health Team Development” was anyone able to find it? I could not find it in the search! Thanks!

4 hours ago, ChanceSpeechie said:

I’m accepted to Alberta and was registering for my classes. For the class “Int D 410: Interprofessional Health Team Development” was anyone able to find it? I could not find it in the search! Thanks!

I could not find it in the course calendar anywhere! I emailed Vicki and she just provided me with the CSD courses we need to register for, she didn't mention IntD410 at all. :) 

2 hours ago, slpbc said:

I could not find it in the course calendar anywhere! I emailed Vicki and she just provided me with the CSD courses we need to register for, she didn't mention IntD410 at all. :) 

Oh okay, thank you!! That is good to know then. Registering was going really well until I hit that last course and couldn’t find it anywhere ? So thank you for the peace of mind! 

17 hours ago, Slptobe2021 said:

I was accepted at Western this year and was wondering if anyone knows about the non-refundable tuition fee that’s due June 1. I can’t seem to find anything in my student centre account indicating to pay the fee. Thanks! 

Ahh, I haven't heard anything about this! Where did you find out about the fee? (I also can't find any amount owing /fee indicator in my student centre account)

I am on the waiting list still at Western. I really want to get in but I also need to start planning what I am going to do in the fall if I don't get in. Is there a cut off date where if you haven't been called off the waitlist then you will be rejected? Or do you just stay on the waitlist all summer? What are the chances of me even getting in now? 

11 hours ago, SLPme said:

also

If you open the acceptance letter on student centre it states the fee is due June 1. I emailed Janet in April and she said it would be posted soon that it’s due but I haven’t seen anything still. I may email her again to see if we are just supposed to pay the $500 and then it’ll show up that we have that credit...