2019 Canadian SLP Thread

Does anyone know what day McMaster will start going through the waitlist? In the email it just says after April 16th. Also does anyone know how they typically contact people when going through the waitlist (call? email? both?). 

54 minutes ago, 19SPEECHIE said:

I know UofT starts going through their waitlist today, does anyone know if this is the same for Western? In the email they told us “late April”, so I’m wondering if that could be today or most likely starting next week.

I’m starting to get so incredibly anxious...

Apparently today is the the last day for Western students to accept or decline their offers. So I believe people should start hearing back by tomorrow or next week.

me too! This wait is daunting 

Just now, SLP94 said:

I just received a call from Western for an offer which I accepted! I'm so happy!

Yay congrats!!! Did they mention how long the waitlist was/your position?

Edited by 19SPEECHIE

Received a call from Toronto this morning saying I've been accepted off the waitlist! I will be declining their offer to attend U of A (but for some reason I'm still very excited) :) 

39 minutes ago, 19SPEECHIE said:

Yay congrats!!! Did they mention how long the waitlist was/your position?

Thank you!! No I didn't get a chance to ask because I was too excited! If it helps, they told me that the offer will go up on Friday to ORPAS, and then I'll have 5 days to accept the offer on there.

1 minute ago, SLP94 said:

Thank you!! No I didn't get a chance to ask because I was too excited! If it helps, they told me that the offer will go up on Friday to ORPAS, and then I'll have 5 days to accept the offer on there.

I don't blame you!! I'm on the waitlist too so I'm now in full-blown freak-out mode!! fingers crossed they call...

Edited by 19SPEECHIE

1 hour ago, overcaffeinatedslp said:

Has anyone who was originally placed on the Dal waitlist been accepted since for the 2019 year? Just curious how long I should keep my hopes up/ if it's been fruitful for anyone! 

I had a friend who was accepted off the waitlist as late as June 5th last year (she declined because she got into U of A) and another friend of mine was accepted off the waitlist two days before classes started two years ago (obviously not ideal and she had already chosen a school abroad by then) so try not to lose hope! But I totally feel your pain especially since their waitlist is so mysterious in terms of size and where one is on it. 

17 hours ago, anonymous64 said:

Hi, to those who got into UBC, how much research experience did you guys have? And how involved were you in research projects (E.g. did you publish a paper, etc.)? 

Thanks

I had a fairly small role in my research project as a data analyst. We got to present our research at the ASHA convention in LA though, which was an awesome opportunity. I definitely highlighted this in my letter of intent, as well I highlighted how the research we did helped narrow my focus and set goals for future practice. 

2 hours ago, AspiringSLP123 said:

Hey! Do you mind me asking what position you were on the waitlist? Would just like to know my chances of getting off :)

I'll PM you :)

11 minutes ago, slp.slp said:

Received my call from Western this morning that I have been accepted off the waitlist!! Good luck to all those still waiting! There's hope!! :) 

Congrats!! :)Would you mind PMing me your stats? I'm so nervous waiting to see if they call me...

Edited by 19SPEECHIE

Hi everyone! I have made a Facebook group for those of you that got accepted into U of A and would like to join! "University of Alberta Speech-Language Pathology Class of 2021"

Here is a link to the group as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2348531038542117/?ref=group_browse_new

Thanks and have a great weekend :)

Edited by SLP2B_95