4 hours ago, schoolpsyched4 said:

I was sad to see that someone receives an interview invite from Michigan state. I had three top schools and that was one of them. So I’m crossing my fingers for Utah! As for POI I put KR and EC. Good luck!! 

Did you also apply to school psych at MSU? I applied to the clinical program. Hopefully they haven’t finished reaching out! Also, did you attend the online informational session KR led in nov?

2 hours ago, wannabeschoolpsych said:

Hey guys... I keep refreshing the page and constantly checking my email. I’m going insane hahaha. I hope you all have a safe and fun NYE! Happy New Year! Here’s to 2019. ?

Here’s to hearing from our schools he first week of Jan ?? (At least we can hope?)

24 minutes ago, ASDadvocate said:

Did you also apply to school psych at MSU? I applied to the clinical program. Hopefully they haven’t finished reaching out! Also, did you attend the online informational session KR led in nov?

I did apply to the school psych program at MSU.... I hope they aren't finished sending out invites, but I'm assuming I didn't get one :(

I was unable to attend the online session in November. Hopefully this doesn't hurt me! I wonder how many people apply to the Utah program? And how many they accept. Any ideas? 

Edited by schoolpsyched4

2 hours ago, schoolpsyched4 said:

I did apply to the school psych program at MSU.... I hope they aren't finished sending out invites, but I'm assuming I didn't get one :(

I was unable to attend the online session in November. Hopefully this doesn't hurt me! I wonder how many people apply to the Utah program? And how many they accept. Any ideas? 

Unfortunately they don’t have that info on their stats and outcomes. I don’t think it’ll hurt you at all!! With me, only about 5 people attended it. Just wanted to know if you were one. We got this ?? Happy new year! 

On 12/31/2018 at 7:20 PM, ASDadvocate said:

Unfortunately they don’t have that info on their stats and outcomes. I don’t think it’ll hurt you at all!! With me, only about 5 people attended it. Just wanted to know if you were one. We got this ?? Happy new year! 

I was hoping they mentioned it during the information session. I was able to talk to KR outside of the information session. His lab sounds perfect. 

Still eagerly checking my email. Good luck! And happy new year :)

I just received an interview invite from UF! Excited but nervous! I'm not sure whether I could go to the campus or do a skype interview since I live in China. It would be a long flight and I worry a lot about the jet lag.

I was also wondering what I should prepare for the interview, the answer for  possible questions, dressing code?

Apart from interview part, there will be luncheon and evening social with graduate students. I guess these two parts will be more casual  but I still feel anxious.

Sorry I worry about the interview too much.:(

10 minutes ago, Sibyl Suo said:

I was also wondering what I should prepare for the interview, the answer for  possible questions, dressing code?

Apart from interview part, there will be luncheon and evening social with graduate students. I guess these two parts will be more casual  but I still feel anxious.

It’s natural to worry! I’ve been researching interview stuff all week! There are a couple of threads that have been started with great advice for the interviews, I would look them up on the search bar on gradcafe. As far as the attire, I’ve kept seeing that others are getting black suits. I just got a navy blue one for my first day of the interview and two separate pieces, blazer and pants for the second day. I’m also planning on wearing very simple accessories. For my first day, they will be taking us to one of the locations where we would do most of the clinical work so there’ll be a lot of walking. I’m wearing flats or loafers because of all the walking (I’m also terrible in heels ?). Above all, it’s important that you feel comfortable! You don’t want to have to worry about clothing comfort during the interviews when there are so many other things that you will naturally worry about. Wear something that makes you feel like yourself but that it’s also professional. Also, for dinners and socials, I’m thinking of keeping my blouse and blazer/jacket and changing into jeans or khakis since it’ll be a more casual environment. That is if there is enough time to change. They sent me the itinerary for the interview day and it will be a packed day with no breaks! 

Also, I’ve read a lot that you should bring along a black folio? This might be good to hold all of the paperwork you may receive. I’m also planning to bring my questions, copy of CV and any other documents on this as well. 

Good luck on your interview!!! Enjoy the warm FL weather ?

Did anyone else apply to the University of Northern Colorado? Heard anything back yet?

Is it recommended to do an in-person interview instead of skype? Do you think you will be penalized for choosing a skype interview instead of going to campus?

I applied to the University of Northern Colorado, University of Oregon, Texas Woman's University, University of Central Arkansas, University of South Florida and Temple University.

I picked two of the schools because I would have a strong support system in those locations. The remainder I chose based off of program philosophy (prevention and early intervention), access to diverse populations, faculty research interest and access to my desired population for gathering data. 

On 1/3/2019 at 7:08 PM, Sibyl Suo said:

I just received an interview invite from UF! Excited but nervous! I'm not sure whether I could go to the campus or do a skype interview since I live in China. It would be a long flight and I worry a lot about the jet lag.

I was also wondering what I should prepare for the interview, the answer for  possible questions, dressing code?

First of all... congrats on the interview invite! You’re amazing! I assume that business casual would be the best way to go. I’ve just been looking up videos on YouTube for PhD interview tips and they have really great tips. Good luck!!?

On 1/4/2019 at 10:42 AM, ASDadvocate said:

It’s natural to worry! I’ve been researching interview stuff all week! There are a couple of threads that have been started with great advice for the interviews, I would look them up on the search bar on gradcafe. As far as the attire, I’ve kept seeing that others are getting black suits. I just got a navy blue one for my first day of the interview and two separate pieces, blazer and pants for the second day. I’m also planning on wearing very simple accessories. For my first day, they will be taking us to one of the locations where we would do most of the clinical work so there’ll be a lot of walking. I’m wearing flats or loafers because of all the walking (I’m also terrible in heels ?). Above all, it’s important that you feel comfortable! You don’t want to have to worry about clothing comfort during the interviews when there are so many other things that you will naturally worry about. Wear something that makes you feel like yourself but that it’s also professional. Also, for dinners and socials, I’m thinking of keeping my blouse and blazer/jacket and changing into jeans or khakis since it’ll be a more casual environment. That is if there is enough time to change. They sent me the itinerary for the interview day and it will be a packed day with no breaks! 

Also, I’ve read a lot that you should bring along a black folio? This might be good to hold all of the paperwork you may receive. I’m also planning to bring my questions, copy of CV and any other documents on this as well. 

Good luck on your interview!!! Enjoy the warm FL weather ?

Thank you for sharing! It's really helpful! I have never tried black suits before but I think I need to get one before the interview. Yes it is important to feel comfortable. They haven't sent me the detailed agenda of the interview day but  It seems to be a packed day.

A black folio would be a great idea. I'm also considering bringing my copy of CV.

Thank you! I should check the weather in FL now:P

16 minutes ago, wannabeschoolpsych said:

First of all... congrats on the interview invite! You’re amazing! I assume that business casual would be the best way to go. I’ve just been looking up videos on YouTube for PhD interview tips and they have really great tips. Good luck!!?

Thank you! Wow it's a great idea to watch videos on YouTube. I will try it too. I am also trying to connect with my peers who have already been admitted to school psychology program to seek for some advice. Still waiting for their reply. 

Best of luck!!

Hi there,

I applied to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lehigh University, the University of Cincinnati, Northeastern University, and Ohio University (all school psych PhD programs except OU, which is clinical). I received an invitation to interview at UNL and UC. I'm as excited as I am nervous! Good luck to everyone and I hope you all hear back soon! 

On 1/3/2019 at 9:08 PM, Sibyl Suo said:

I got invited to an interview at UF as well! I will be attending the interview Feb 1st. 

So exciting! Time to prepare!

6 hours ago, Leighannimal said:

I got invited to an interview at UF as well! I will be attending the interview Feb 1st. 

So exciting! Time to prepare!

Congrats! Me too! Haha perhaps we could meet on that day but I'm not sure whether EdS and PhD applicants will be together.

My friend who did a skype interview with UF told me that they just asked some regular questions such as why school psychology, why their program, etc. They may also ask some questions about something they found interesting in your CV. And the last part was always what do you want to ask them. He applied to EdS and the a PhD interview may focus more on research. I guess the questions in the on-site interview will be similar though there will be more interaction with faculty and current graduate students.

Good luck!

8 hours ago, mkl262 said:

Hi there,

I applied to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lehigh University, the University of Cincinnati, Northeastern University, and Ohio University (all school psych PhD programs except OU, which is clinical). I received an invitation to interview at UNL and UC. I'm as excited as I am nervous! Good luck to everyone and I hope you all hear back soon! 

Hi! I also received an interview at UNL, congrats! See you in about a week :) ! So far I am more excited than nervous, but I know that balance will change as we get closer, I'm sure!

Anyone hear back from University of Maryland yet? I've heard back from UNL and University of Arizona (got interviews with both!) and I know UB does not review applications until later and their interviews are at the end of the month....so I am hoping I am just getting antsy! The anticipation is killing me since I do not have classes to distract me!!!

17 hours ago, Sibyl Suo said:

Congrats! Me too! Haha perhaps we could meet on that day but I'm not sure whether EdS and PhD applicants will be together.

My friend who did a skype interview with UF told me that they just asked some regular questions such as why school psychology, why their program, etc. They may also ask some questions about something they found interesting in your CV. And the last part was always what do you want to ask them. He applied to EdS and the a PhD interview may focus more on research. I guess the questions in the on-site interview will be similar though there will be more interaction with faculty and current graduate students.

Good luck!

I imagine everyone is together. It would be neat to meet you! At least we would have a friend on this nerve racking day. I've been preparing for questions, but I will be fine as long as I don't get too nervous. I can't decide what to wear. I am not sure if I should go extra fancy interview or like business casual. All the articles I've read say don't wear new or fancy shoes because you will be walking a lot. 

13 hours ago, Leighannimal said:

I imagine everyone is together. It would be neat to meet you! At least we would have a friend on this nerve racking day. I've been preparing for questions, but I will be fine as long as I don't get too nervous. I can't decide what to wear. I am not sure if I should go extra fancy interview or like business casual. All the articles I've read say don't wear new or fancy shoes because you will be walking a lot. 

That would be great! Having a friend there would comfort me a lot. I guess business casual would be a safe option. Wearing too fancy attire could be double-edged. It seems that we will be walking a lot according to the email such as campus tour. I am thinking about wearing  flattie ( I can't walk in heels though:lol:). If there is enough time to change clothes, we could prepare two pieces, one for formal interview and one for other social events. The detailed agenda will help us solve the problem:P

On 1/4/2019 at 8:48 PM, AllAboutThatEd said:

Did anyone else apply to the University of Northern Colorado? Heard anything back yet?

Is it recommended to do an in-person interview instead of skype? Do you think you will be penalized for choosing a skype interview instead of going to campus?

I applied to the University of Northern Colorado, University of Oregon, Texas Woman's University, University of Central Arkansas, University of South Florida and Temple University.

I picked two of the schools because I would have a strong support system in those locations. The remainder I chose based off of program philosophy (prevention and early intervention), access to diverse populations, faculty research interest and access to my desired population for gathering data. 

Hi! I applied to northern Colorado and haven’t heard anything yet. Fingers crossed!! ??

On 1/5/2019 at 8:10 PM, psychedaboutschoolpsych said:

Anyone hear back from University of Maryland yet? I've heard back from UNL and University of Arizona (got interviews with both!) and I know UB does not review applications until later and their interviews are at the end of the month....so I am hoping I am just getting antsy! The anticipation is killing me since I do not have classes to distract me!!!

I received an interview to the University of Arizona as well!! I currently go to U of A as an undergrad so I would be happy to answer any questions about the whether, places to stay, etc. :) Just message me!

56 minutes ago, schoolpsychologyfan said:

I received an interview to the University of Arizona as well!! I currently go to U of A as an undergrad so I would be happy to answer any questions about the whether, places to stay, etc. :) Just message me!

I am currently a student in the EdS program at the University of Arizona. My classes are with PhD students. If you have any questions, let me know!

Edited by schoolpsyched4

2 hours ago, schoolpsychologyfan said:

Ahh congrats! My interviews with UB and Arizona actually conflict with each other so I requested a teleconference interview, but thank you so much for the offer! I will certainly reach out with questions of mine! :)