So I decided to email UF. They said initial acceptances have been sent out and I was on the wait list. But I was also told it is highly unlikely I will be accepted off of the wait list due to limited resources. I know I'm still waiting to hear anything from OSU but I'm considering going back to teaching in the fall instead of grad school. 

11 minutes ago, rachaelpfanz said:

So I decided to email UF. They said initial acceptances have been sent out and I was on the wait list. But I was also told it is highly unlikely I will be accepted off of the wait list due to limited resources. I know I'm still waiting to hear anything from OSU but I'm considering going back to teaching in the fall instead of grad school. 

I debated whether I would go back to teaching too if it came down to it. I have given it some thought and I will be applying to work full time for research programs if don't get in anywhere this time around. Would you try applying again if you don't get in this cycle?

1 hour ago, rachaelpfanz said:

Would you consider EdS? I am not sure, but getting one and then applying to Ph.D.s may increase your chances of getting in where you want?

On 2/5/2019 at 4:52 PM, tashaonthemoon said:

Got my *official* rejection letter from UVa today. Already figured as much, what with applying back in December and only hearing back now. Oh well. On to the next.

Same! I already knew with not having heard anything as well.  I got my first acceptance (TAMU) yesterday too though! So balanced it out. Hopefully, you'll hear more positive responses soon!

3 hours ago, ASDadvocate said:

I debated whether I would go back to teaching too if it came down to it. I have given it some thought and I will be applying to work full time for research programs if don't get in anywhere this time around. Would you try applying again if you don't get in this cycle?

I don't think I would reapply. If I start teaching, I would stick with it. 

1 hour ago, RTIAssessmentsandIEPsOhmy said:

Would you consider EdS? I am not sure, but getting one and then applying to Ph.D.s may increase your chances of getting in where you want?

I applied to Ohio State for Ed.S to increase my chances of getting in. But that's far out of state for me and it will be very expensive. It's kind of funny that going back to teaching will be a better money decision (at least in the short term)

2 hours ago, rachaelpfanz said:

I applied to Ohio State for Ed.S to increase my chances of getting in. But that's far out of state for me and it will be very expensive. It's kind of funny that going back to teaching will be a better money decision (at least in the short term)

I understand. I am finishing my EdS right now and luckily received a paid internship, but it is hard. 

Hi! Has anyone heard anything from Columbia Teachers College? I saw a post about an interview on the results page.

(also just wanted to share that I've been creeping on this thread since December and seeing this cute lil school psych community form has really kept me calm while I waited for decisions to come out! I thought it was about time I made an account and started posting)

3 hours ago, drishti3693 said:

Hi! Has anyone heard anything from Columbia Teachers College? I saw a post about an interview on the results page.

(also just wanted to share that I've been creeping on this thread since December and seeing this cute lil school psych community form has really kept me calm while I waited for decisions to come out! I thought it was about time I made an account and started posting)

I don't have information about Columbia Teachers College but just wanted to say welcome! ?

Hi~ I’m new here, but I’m excited to chat with people going through the same frustrating/exciting process!

So, at the end of last year, I applied to 3 PhD programs (Berkeley, UW, & UC Riverside) & 2 EdS programs (SDSU & CSULB). I was emailed about interviews with Berkeley early January; they had the in-person interviews on Jan 29, but I was unable to go & instead opted to have an online Skype interview on Jan 25. Then, I got a follow up email from one of the 3 interviewers about how glad they were to talk with me, how they were impressed by my academic record, etc. At this point, I’m trying not to get my hopes up because it might just be a courtesy email to all interviewees. But just a couple days later, I get an email saying my application status has changed, & when I check the website, I  see that I got accepted into Berkeley!

I still have an interview with SDSU on Feb 16 and got contacted by UW for an interview as well. Tbh, the EdS programs (SDSU & CSULB) were just a back up if I didn’t get into any PhD programs, so I’m just doing the SDSU interview for “fun” lol. Right now, I’m just waiting for UW to contact me about the exact online interviews schedule (they told me sometime between Feb 11-28).

UCR hasn’t contacted me yet for any interviews, & I was wondering if anyone else has heard back from them already? I read somewhere that they usually have interviews late January, similar to Berkeley, so I sorta figured I’m already rejected, but they haven’t changed the status of my application sooo...?

Honestly, I’m just so happy I have 1 PhD acceptance- & it’s Berkeley! :)

8 hours ago, julissareads said:

Hi~ I’m new here, but I’m excited to chat with people going through the same frustrating/exciting process!

So, at the end of last year, I applied to 3 PhD programs (Berkeley, UW, & UC Riverside) & 2 EdS programs (SDSU & CSULB). I was emailed about interviews with Berkeley early January; they had the in-person interviews on Jan 29, but I was unable to go & instead opted to have an online Skype interview on Jan 25. Then, I got a follow up email from one of the 3 interviewers about how glad they were to talk with me, how they were impressed by my academic record, etc. At this point, I’m trying not to get my hopes up because it might just be a courtesy email to all interviewees. But just a couple days later, I get an email saying my application status has changed, & when I check the website, I  see that I got accepted into Berkeley!

I still have an interview with SDSU on Feb 16 and got contacted by UW for an interview as well. Tbh, the EdS programs (SDSU & CSULB) were just a back up if I didn’t get into any PhD programs, so I’m just doing the SDSU interview for “fun” lol. Right now, I’m just waiting for UW to contact me about the exact online interviews schedule (they told me sometime between Feb 11-28).

UCR hasn’t contacted me yet for any interviews, & I was wondering if anyone else has heard back from them already? I read somewhere that they usually have interviews late January, similar to Berkeley, so I sorta figured I’m already rejected, but they haven’t changed the status of my application sooo...?

Congrats on your acceptance to Berkeley!! And on your two other invitations to interview. Cheering for you and hoping the other interviews go just as well :)

13 hours ago, julissareads said:

Welcome to the thread!! It’s awesome to hear good news. Congratulations on your acceptance and interview invites!!!! You should be proud of yourself. Good luck with everything! ?

3 hours ago, sureinporcelain said:

Did any of you go to UW's interview day yesterday? I couldn't attend and have a zoom interview this week, so I'd love to hear your takeaways from the current students if you're willing to share!

I went to the UW interview yesterday. Such great faculty and current students, in my opinion! However, the common takeaway after talking to everyone (including prospective students) is that it is a very expensive program, and funding is not typically provided, especially during your first three years in the program. I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me :)

5 hours ago, schoolpsychologyfan said:

I went to the UW interview yesterday. Such great faculty and current students, in my opinion! However, the common takeaway after talking to everyone (including prospective students) is that it is a very expensive program, and funding is not typically provided, especially during your first three years in the program. I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me :)

This is great information, thanks for the reply! Hope the rest of your application season goes well!

On 2/6/2019 at 8:16 AM, rachaelpfanz said:

Good luck on your DU interview!! Did you go to the January or February UF interview? Because at the January one they said we should hear back in two weeks which is now this week. I was wondering what was said at the February interview. 

I got an email from UF on Jan 4th, I was accepted! I’m so excited. I asked about fellowships and assistantships and they said they’d get back to me. Is that normal?

22 hours ago, schoolpsychologyfan said:

I was waitlisted at UW, haven’t had an interview or anything. But it’s good to know about funding, because that is a make or break for me (even though I don’t think I’ll get in there). 

On 2/9/2019 at 5:40 AM, sureinporcelain said:

Did any of you go to UW's interview day yesterday? I couldn't attend and have a zoom interview this week, so I'd love to hear your takeaways from the current students if you're willing to share!

Ah ok so I was contacted a while back for an interview, & I decided to go for the Zoom interview. At the time, they told me they didn’t have the schedules out yet for the Zoom interviews, but they would be between Feb 11 - 28, & they would contact me later with more info. I replied back with a simple thanks and to keep me updated, but I haven’t heard from them since.

Basically, my question is: did they contact you first for the Zoom interview? When did they tell you about your Zoom interview?

On 2/9/2019 at 8:51 AM, schoolpsychologyfan said:

Ahhh ok, thanks for the good info! I haven’t had my interview yet, but finacial aid is a really big deciding factor. I was confused by their email when they were talking about the costs of the EdS when completing the PhD & was going to ask them about that, but your response clarifies that.