Anyone else already submit their applications?

petitebiscuit

Yeah, I did.  I put in quite a few, and probably rushed mine a bit, but I was just so excited.  On the brightside, one of my schools does rolling admissions (ECU, my undergrad), so I may hear back from them quickly.  The rest are pretty good schools, so I likely won't hear back until March-April.

NC State (Physics), Wake Forest (Physics), Duke (Medical Physics and also Molecular Cancer Biology), UNC (Biochemistry), ECU (Medical Physics).

Really hoping for a Physics or Medical Physics acceptance, but will continue on with Biochemistry as well, because I do enjoy all of it. We'll see!

9 hours ago, JTacademics said:

Yeah, I did.  I put in quite a few, and probably rushed mine a bit, but I was just so excited.  On the brightside, one of my schools does rolling admissions (ECU, my undergrad), so I may hear back from them quickly.  The rest are pretty good schools, so I likely won't hear back until March-April.

NC State (Physics), Wake Forest (Physics), Duke (Medical Physics and also Molecular Cancer Biology), UNC (Biochemistry), ECU (Medical Physics).

Really hoping for a Physics or Medical Physics acceptance, but will continue on with Biochemistry as well, because I do enjoy all of it. We'll see!

I did the same thing! But I had been working on them since like September. I was just so ready to send them in! 

yes! I submitted today and I'm already antsy! Some of my programs are rolling admission though so fingers crossed I hear back sooner rather than later. The holidays are going to be full of suspense. 

I also ended up submitting my applications "early" - the last one was put in yesterday. Still waiting on my LORs to trickle in, which does keep my mind off of the application results, at least for now.

Best of luck to y'all!

I just submitted tonight! Been working on the app since it came out in September, I probably rewrote my SOP 10 times before seeking help and coming up with something I really love. I'm only applying to one program – I'm finishing undergrad this year, and I only want to go straight to graduate school if it's the perfect fit. Waiting for my last couple of LORs to come in as well.

Submitted the bulk of my application. Just got feedback from my professor on my writing sample so editing that and hope to get them all submitted by end of the weekend. Then probably check in to see all my documents have been received before the deadline

2 hours ago, historygeek said:

I've submitted all of my applications, just need to pay 2 more application fees and get my letters of recommendation in. I absolutely can't wait another 1-4 months to find out!

Solid line up of school! all the best. I applied to utoronto as well :) I say applied but I'm yet to upload my SOP lol.

21 minutes ago, loffire said:

Solid line up of school! all the best. I applied to utoronto as well :) I say applied but I'm yet to upload my SOP lol.

Thank you! You too! The amount of documents for that school is super weird to me. 

21 hours ago, historygeek said:

I absolutely can't wait another 1-4 months to find out!

As a first-time (intl) applicant, this is the worst part! I'm not too sure *how* I will cope with the next couple of weeks. Time to pick up a bunch of new hobbies I guess! 

I have submitted to eight! I can't submit my ninth one because as I was about to submit, it says that a writing sample is required. I didn't even know what to submit because it didn't say anywhere on the website and the other ones didn't ask for a sample, so I emailed the university. I am also waiting on one LOR writer to submit for all the universities, but otherwise, I hope all goes and I hope the same for you all!

I submitted most of mine already. I tried to submit 3-4 weeks before the deadline. I also started working on them in September. 

Application in Progress: The Graduate Center (CUNY) and Yale 

Applied:  (It's a lengthy list) U- Texas (Austin), MIchigan State, Morgan State, Temple, UC-Irvine, USC, UCLA, UC-Berkeley, Rutgers, UNC, UPenn, NYU, Vanderbilt, Teachers College, Florida State University, SDSU/Claremont, Johns Hopkins, UC-Riverside, University of Wisconsin, Harvard (2), U-Florida, GW

Interviewed: TBD

Visited: N/A

Accepted (/25): TBD

Waitlisted (/25): TBD

Rejected (/25): TBD

Attending!!: TBD

I submitted two of mine with Dec 1st deadlines on Nov 29th, the rest are due on Dec 15th but I'm submitting them today. My recs are in, statements are done, writing samples uploaded-but I am not looking forward to the endless wait! Applying to 7 PhD programs.

Applying to 8 - 10 schools ( I thought it was a lot until I read somebody applying to 25 schools). I have completed 5 already and working on four atm. Hoping to submit them by the end of the week

On 11/17/2018 at 6:54 PM, caffinefuelled said:

@Adelaide9216

I'm also from Canada and applying to PhD's in social work! Where are you applying? I'm having so much difficulty narrowing it down for US schools, as I don't have post MSW experience.

I live in Chicago. Applying for a MSW in social work at the University of Chicago, and Loyola University.