Fall 2019 Social Psychology Applicant Thread

petitebiscuit

8 hours ago, flattery_245 said:

Oh man! Those are the exact three I mentioned. We must have similar interests!! 

Great minds think alike. Where else did you apply?

5 hours ago, powerofthree said:

Hello! Has anyone heard from McGill, University of Kansas, or Rutgers? (I know it's still a bit early, but just thought I'd check!)

Nothing here (McGill). The only thing I noticed is that my status changed from Submitted to Under Review or something like that.

Edited by Fabretti

Hello everyone, a little late to the party!!

I applied to Stanford, NYU, and Wisconsin Madison Social. 

Claremont graduate Positive.

Virginia Tech and Clemson IO.

The only one I heard back from is VT and I have been invited to their interview day mid Feb. 

Feels good to have something on the table but cannot help but feel that the rest are rejections! 

On 1/4/2019 at 2:52 PM, Psyhopeful said:

Do you mean they made an offer to a potential professor or to a potential grad student? Did they imply that it was all of the psych departments that had just started reviewing, or if it was only social? 

On 1/4/2019 at 9:19 PM, Psygeek said:

As for social - they're hiring new faculty

Yes, what Psygeek said. I meant to say they had made a job offer to a potential faculty, and were taking that faculty's interests into consideration as they selected potential grad student interviewees.

On 1/7/2019 at 12:49 AM, As long as someone accepts said:

Hello everyone, a little late to the party!!

I applied to Stanford, NYU, and Wisconsin Madison Social. 

Claremont graduate Positive.

Virginia Tech and Clemson IO.

The only one I heard back from is VT and I have been invited to their interview day mid Feb. 

Feels good to have something on the table but cannot help but feel that the rest are rejections! 

I know how you feel. We just gotta hang in there. ?

16 minutes ago, psycinfo said:

Can the person who received a Skype interview with the University of Washington send me the initials of their POI? Thanks and congrats!

Me three!

Update for anyone curious about the social psych program at UMich: acceptance letters have been sent out (I don't know if that means email or snail mail though). The person I talked to was not sure if rejections have been sent out or not (but thinks they have been so maybe this post is completely useless). I was wait listed (never interviewed), which is why I know about this.  Hope everyone is hanging in there! 

1 hour ago, reaching44 said:

Update for anyone curious about the social psych program at UMich: acceptance letters have been sent out (I don't know if that means email or snail mail though). The person I talked to was not sure if rejections have been sent out or not (but thinks they have been so maybe this post is completely useless). I was wait listed (never interviewed), which is why I know about this.  Hope everyone is hanging in there! 

hey! fyi michigan doesn't do interviews. they only invite accepted students unfortunately...did you get an email saying you were waitlisted? 

2 minutes ago, Sike! said:

hey! fyi michigan doesn't do interviews. they only invite accepted students unfortunately...did you get an email saying you were waitlisted? 

Ah okay I didn't know that! I was wondering how I hadn't heard anything about interviews from anyone! I did get an email saying that, yeah. I was told they would be able to update me on potential admission in late March/early April. 

26 minutes ago, Sike! said:

Does that mean that the people who posted that they were invited to the recruitment weekend next month have been officially accepted? Or is it only social that doesn’t interview?

On 12/18/2018 at 4:39 PM, socneuro said:

I guess that means UCLA is done then :(. The results page says they sent out 13 interview invites today for the social area.

Can some share the link to this "results page"? PLEASE... NVM i figured out smh

Edited by Pyschdreaming143

20 minutes ago, beepbopboopityboop said:

Stanford psychology POI emailed me an invite to interview weekend!

congrats!!! would you mind messaging me your POI or initials? 

edit: i just remembered that stanford admits to the whole department not specific people... still curious though if you're willing to share! 

Edited by reaching44