Fall 2019 Social Psychology Applicant Thread

petitebiscuit

1 hour ago, Psyhopeful said:

Boo. Just now or like awhile ago?

not sure but they're arranging which candidate is staying where so I assume not too long ago. They may follow through with Skype, but I think it is unlikely at this point. 

2 hours ago, NeuroPh said:

Anyone else get a second mass email from UC Irvine thanking them for their application? It was almost the exact email I received when I submitted my app, but this time it specified that applications are beginning to be reviewed. I applied to the Psychology and Social Behavior program.

Yeah i think it's just a follow up after the interviews past monday. Borelli also emailed me saying they didnt get a photo of me and asked me to send in a photo. I think the profs are deliberating with the grad students on who's a good fit for the prog and school culture

5 hours ago, loffire said:

Yeah i think it's just a follow up after the interviews past monday. Borelli also emailed me saying they didnt get a photo of me and asked me to send in a photo. I think the profs are deliberating with the grad students on who's a good fit for the prog and school culture

Oh so they already had interviews? If so then I guess it’s a reject for me at this point. I didn’t get an invite. 

Do any Stanford (social) applicants have updated information about interview invites? Have they all been sent? I emailed psych admissions a couple days ago and got a generic automated response to check the portal but nothing is changed on there. The email didn't say anything about invites or the status of my application. Someone on here said they had emailed and got a response that they had not been invited at this time etc. I just want to know if I'm rejected or still have a shot so I can finally move on. The anxiety of being in limbo is real! 

6 minutes ago, thewaitisover said:

Do any Stanford (social) applicants have updated information about interview invites? Have they all been sent? I emailed psych admissions a couple days ago and got a generic automated response to check the portal but nothing is changed on there. The email didn't say anything about invites or the status of my application. Someone on here said they had emailed and got a response that they had not been invited at this time etc. I just want to know if I'm rejected or still have a shot so I can finally move on. The anxiety of being in limbo is real! 

Someone previously posted that they received a response from Stanford that all invitations to interview have been sent. It may have been in a different thread, can’t remember. 

1 hour ago, NeuroPh said:

Someone previously posted that they received a response from Stanford that all invitations to interview have been sent. It may have been in a different thread, can’t remember. 

@NeuroPh Ok thanks. Guess it's a no then. 

Anyone hear anything more about Colorado Boulder? I'm wondering if the one invitation we saw here is it and maybe the rest just aren't on this forum. In the past they have sent out their invitations by now it seems.

Same for the University of Washington, I'm wondering if they're done. I don't see much in the results from years past about interviews or prospective weekends at all.

On 1/21/2019 at 7:11 PM, Psyhopeful said:

Anyone hear anything more about Colorado Boulder? I'm wondering if the one invitation we saw here is it and maybe the rest just aren't on this forum. In the past they have sent out their invitations by now it seems.

CU has sent out all invites for interview weekend, which is Feb 21 & 22. Sorry. :( (I got rejected from CU multiple times before getting in, if it makes you feel any better...)

4 minutes ago, FinallyAccepted said:

CU has sent out all invites for interview weekend, which is Feb 21 & 22. Sorry. :( (I got rejected from CU multiple times before getting in, if it makes you feel any better...)

Thanks for posting this! Congratulations on getting in, too!

I received an email from Carnegie Mellon informing me that there was an update to my application status and prompting me to access the application status page, but when I do so, there is nothing beyond my application checklist. Did anyone else receive this email/have this issue?

Edited by gppsych

1 hour ago, gppsych said:

I received an email from Carnegie Mellon informing me that there was an update to my application status and prompting me to access the application status page, but when I do so, there is nothing beyond my application checklist. Did anyone else receive this email/have this issue?

I haven’t experienced this, but did you look at the text in your application checklist once you clicked on it? I know that Penn’s text was updated inside the checklist once my app went into “ready for review” status. I would email them if I were you and ask what you’re supposed to see. I hope it’s good news!

20 hours ago, gppsych said:

I got that email too, I emailed to ask about it but have not received a response. Glad it wasn't just me!

If anyone was still curious about CU Boulder, I emailed to ask about invitations and rejection status and was told that if you didn’t receive an invite, you might be waitlisted and that you can contact your POIs to find out. Otherwise, rejections won’t go out until late March early April.