Interviews/Acceptances/Rejections Fall 2019

sociopolitic

1 hour ago, Sercan_ said:

I am.... I can't stand this waiting. I am not optimistic about it, but still... Do u have any idea or info about when they announce?

They sent out their decisions Feb. 14th last year, so I'm guessing we will hear from them sometime this week. Hopefully all three of us get in!

1 hour ago, artvandaley said:

the only idea i have is from the results section and the pattern is any of these days in mid Feb. 

and looks like we have applied to similar programs because of our interest in southern urbanism :)

I saw that you applied Northeastern. Were you at Northeastern this week? They had a preadmission event.

2 minutes ago, awamba94 said:

They sent out their decisions Feb. 14th last year, so I'm guessing we will hear from them sometime this week. Hopefully all three of us get in!

I hope so! :)

3 minutes ago, TheBunny said:

Nope. I got in Boston University for political science but I did not hear back from their sociology program. I think they still have some time for sociology results because sociology deadline was way later than political science deadline

True. But Harvard and Chicago should have been out by now. 

17 minutes ago, DuBois said:

I am sure this is just ridiculous but anyone who has applied to UChicago how does it appear on the status portal , I mean the status, it has changed suddenly , now its

"Welcome, Last Name, First Name, Year, Degree, Sociology" 

Yes, mine says that too. Not sure if it means anything

39 minutes ago, King Sahl Sociology said:

Two rejections in a row. Today was Columbia. I've come to the conclusion I am not going to get accepted anywhere and am now re-contemplating my entire life lol

Me too! It was either a PhD program or buy sperm and finally become a mama. Educational pursuits did me so dirty!

17 hours ago, ALieNNatioN said:

Congrats to all accepted!

I saw one SUNY Albany admission and two UCSD admission posted. Did anyone else apply to both schools and know what's going on? I didn't hear back from either of them so I guess it's not a good sign again :(

UCSD's sociology department sent me an email on Feb 8th stating that the department and the committee recommended me for admission pending approval from the graduate dean. The next morning, I got an email from the dean's office finalizing my admission. The department also told me that funding details would be sent to me by Feb 15th. I hope this info is useful! Best of luck!

3 minutes ago, b_pud said:

UCSD's sociology department sent me an email on Feb 8th stating that the department and the committee recommended me for admission pending approval from the graduate dean. The next morning, I got an email from the dean's office finalizing my admission. The department also told me that funding details would be sent to me by Feb 15th. I hope this info is useful! Best of luck!

That's so awesome!!! I really considered applying there. I feel like UCSD flies under the radar a bit but will probably be more up-and-coming in the years to come. Congratulations!

2 minutes ago, SgtDonut said:

That's so awesome!!! I really considered applying there. I feel like UCSD flies under the radar a bit but will probably be more up-and-coming in the years to come. Congratulations!

Thanks so much! I'm still weighing all my options, but I was really happy with the acceptance :)

24 minutes ago, both_and_also said:

Mine doesn't say that. It still has all my information on it. Dammit now I'm nervous about what could just be a computer glitch haha

It looks like the standardized application header to me. Maybe it is the header for the mobile version of the website? Did you look on it on mobile or on a computer?  It appeared at the top after I opened up my application not in the initial application screen.

1 minute ago, b_pud said:

Are any UC Irvine applicants still waiting to hear back? I see some rejections and acceptances, but I haven't gotten anything back from them at all. 

I think they have sent all admissions. I also applied and learned by emailing to grad coordinator that I was rejected. And still no change in my status.

4 minutes ago, Sercan_ said:

I think they have sent all admissions. I also applied and learned by emailing to grad coordinator that I was rejected. And still no change in my status.

Thanks for the heads up! 

Just now, fringeorganizations said:

Ugh I wonder if that's a good or bad sign

I am in the same boat. I am looking at it as certainly not bad news....but not guaranteed good news. It means we weren't on the first round of rejections????? maybe?????? I'm going to keep telling myself that....

Just now, hotchocolate123 said:

I am in the same boat. I am looking at it as certainly not bad news....but not guaranteed good news. It means we weren't on the first round of rejections????? maybe?????? I'm going to keep telling myself that....

Or that we could be waitlisted?