2019 Acceptances

1 minute ago, beardedlady said:

I also just got this email but have no idea what it means since it seems totally tentative. Don't want to get my hopes up...

Myself and a buddy both received the email as well. The language seems to suggest that it was sent to all candidates? 

7 minutes ago, snorkles said:

Myself and a buddy both received the email as well. The language seems to suggest that it was sent to all candidates? 

On the other hand it would be a Sisyphean effort to interview - nearly - all candidates??

Edited by FiguresIII

2 minutes ago, FiguresIII said:

I'm still not sure it's something all applicants received because it's not the DGS or a POI emailing

You're right, but I still have no idea what to make of it ? Guess l'll just have to wait and see. It's pure evil to send out an email like this notifying you that maybe, perhaps, under some unknown circumstances, there'll be an interview! Blah. Way to play with my emotions, Chicago.

i had my trusty roommate call again (because calling would be way too anxiety-producing for me). apparently interview invites don't indicate application standing. they're for extra questions (about projects). i'm not quite sure what that means, but i don't think every applicant received an email about it so i would still take it as a good sign?

8 minutes ago, FiguresIII said:

On the other hand it would be a Sisyphean effort to interview - nearly - all candidates??

I'm sure they're not attempting to interview all candidates. Maybe sending a mass Doodle poll to all candidates was easier than compiling a new email list of candidates they actually plan on interviewing? Or it could be a short list like Dilby suggests. The most confusing part is  "The department will not be able to interview all of the candidates at this round of the admissions process, so not all of you will receive a request for an interview." Either way, it sounds like they plan on interviewing quite a lot of people. 

21 hours ago, jrockford27 said:

I will verify as a person who was accepted to Buffalo many years ago and attended their recruiting event that they have a very juicy "Presidential Fellowship" that they award a couple of weeks in advance of all of the regular admittees. Indeed, during my visit I roomed with that lucky recipient. If I recall correctly, it's on the order of $30k/yr in a city with a relatively low cost of living, so bully for whoever got it!

I'm the one with the Buffalo acceptance :) Just created a profile for grad cafe, so I'm a little late to the party! I was offered two fellowships in addition to the typical stipend. I've applied to 10 other schools, so it's killing me to know I've been accepted to Buffalo but unsure about many of the others! Thanks to everyone here for the congrats posts! It's exciting to know I've been chosen somewhere!

Hello everyone! Long time lurker here (who has avoided making an account because I was worried about spending too much time). But it’s too late for that, so might as well interact, right? It’s been super helpful to look at last year’s timelines, so thanks to everyone for posting results present and past! Congrats on all the acceptances so far, and much success to those waiting! Keep the good news coming!

Thus far I’ve received and posted a Notre Dame and Emory interview invitation and a Tennessee acceptance. 

Would be curious to know if anyone knows which other schools interview before I scour the past threads. 

45 minutes ago, arbie said:

Hello everyone! Long time lurker here (who has avoided making an account because I was worried about spending too much time). But it’s too late for that, so might as well interact, right? It’s been super helpful to look at last year’s timelines, so thanks to everyone for posting results present and past! Congrats on all the acceptances so far, and much success to those waiting! Keep the good news coming!

Thus far I’ve received and posted a Notre Dame and Emory interview invitation and a Tennessee acceptance. 

Would be curious to know if anyone knows which other schools interview before I scour the past threads. 

congrats and welcome to the thread!

i forget who else besides uchicago, emory, and duke interview. @dilby had a few more on a list on another thread.

7 minutes ago, mandelbulb said:

i forget who else besides uchicago, emory, and duke interview. @dilby had a few more on a list on another thread.

Thanks!!

17 minutes ago, mandelbulb said:

The only other one I know about for sure is Rice. At least, they interviewed my friend last year.

9 minutes ago, placeinspace said:

Is everyone who received a Chicago email an international student? From the results page it seems like both posts are from international students. 

I was wondering about this too...

#clingingtohopebutchangedmysignaturetoappearcoolandunaffected

Edited by kendalldinniene

19 minutes ago, placeinspace said:

Is everyone who received a Chicago email an international student? From the results page it seems like both posts are from international students. 

I’m not an international student. 

I also do question some of the results page info quite a bit! So don’t lose hope. The email said “this round of interviews,” maybe there are multiple groups! Also, I probably didn’t get an interview at all, it’s very odd and disconcerting

1 minute ago, swarthmawr said:

I also do question some of the results page info quite a bit! So don’t lose hope. The email said “this round of interviews,” maybe there are multiple groups! Also, I probably didn’t get an interview at all, it’s very odd and disconcerting

you got the email but you're not sure if you get one? i mean how poorly worded was this email...