2019 Acceptances

21 minutes ago, arbie said:

Woot woot! We could be cohort mates! Congrats!! 

so it was you with the rogue acceptance post... I was getting pretty worried and accepting potential rejection when I saw it on the board, then my phone buzzed with a notification from the DGS lol 

edit: another congrats your way, too!

Edited by lyonel_

27 minutes ago, lyonel_ said:

so it was you with the rogue acceptance post... I was getting pretty worried and accepting potential rejection when I saw it on the board, then my phone buzzed with a notification from the DGS lol 

edit: another congrats your way, too!

Posting to keep the data going! haha it’s been so helpful to look at past data to predict when to expect what! 

@mandelbulb Thanks!!

@Pnwonder Yeah, UW-Madison is my alma mater. I got my M.A. in Applied English Linguistics, and am gearing towards the field of composition and rhetoric. I'm particularly invested in how literacy morphs the formation of identity for faculty and students of color. I hope to get to work with Morris Young, if I get in! Fingers crossed for both of us too. 

I just got a call informing me that I was accepted into the Strode Program in Renaissance Studies at Alabama for an MA!! I can't believe it. It is my first news from any school, and I am over the moon!!!!!

3 minutes ago, illcounsel said:

I just got a call informing me that I was accepted into the Strode Program in Renaissance Studies at Alabama for an MA!! I can't believe it. It is my first news from any school, and I am over the moon!!!!!

Congrats! Alabama's Strode is very well known for their Early Modern Program.

I've been asked to come to campus! Ive been asked to do a 15 min presentation on background and interests. Anyone have to give a presentation? Should I highlight a past project? What should my outline look like?

I also got an interview with Duke Lit ?Also just had my interview with Irvine! I thought it went pretty well, there were no curveballs, although it felt like i might as well have recorded answers to questions...they didn't respond to my answers at all, just moved on to next question. That being said, it was a very brief interview window (15 minutes) and neither of them were my POIs, so there wasn't really time to go deep.

20 minutes ago, sad_diamond said:

although it felt like i might as well have recorded answers to questions...they didn't respond to my answers at all, just moved on to next question. 

I was practicing interviews with one of my MA professors this week, and she said it was standard practice for them not to ask follow up questions, even in person. I think she said it was to make it totally fair. 

Was that Rice acceptance anyone here? I was not expecting them to admit until February, since their application due date is January 8th, and last I heard they do interviews. ?

1 minute ago, dilby said:

Was that Rice acceptance anyone here? I was not expecting them to admit until February, since their application due date is January 8th, and last I heard they do interviews. ?

right, i remember you said they did interviews before. though, notre dame's due date was january 2nd and they notified on the 15th so the speed isn't impossible...

6 minutes ago, dilby said:

Hi, made an account to claim this admission post! 

I wasn’t expecting them to admit until Feb. either! Very surprised! But as a posthumanist this program is a REALLY good fit for the work that I do, and I’m really pleased. 

(I’ve been hardcore lurking this forum for a while now.)

3 minutes ago, madandmoonly said:

Hi, made an account to claim this admission post! 

I wasn’t expecting them to admit until Feb. either! Very surprised! But as a posthumanist this program is a REALLY good fit for the work that I do, and I’m really pleased. 

(I’ve been hardcore lurking this forum for a while now.)

welcome to the thread! rice is super on top of it this year, it seems. big congrats :) it really is a great program!