Waitlists

The_Last_Thylacine

Waitlisted via email at UCSD yesterday. Sounds like they are not being allowed to make as many offers this year as they had hoped. There are 10 people on an unranked waitlist organized by AOI. Need to verify a few other things, but I will probably remove myself from the waitlist.

I'm waitlisted at Michigan and North Carolina. Neither of these are new: the UM one was in the first week of February, the UNC one was a couple of weeks ago. I don't know where I am on the UM one, but I assume I'm not hopelessly low, because Darby personally called me / invited me to the prospectives visit. UNC said it was a "short waitlist."

Posting here because I'm curious -- does anyone have any sense as to how much movement really happens on waitlists at schools like UM & UNC? I'd be absolutely thrilled by either, but don't want to get my hopes up beyond reason.

10 hours ago, laxdog28 said:

Waitlisted via email at UCSD yesterday. Sounds like they are not being allowed to make as many offers this year as they had hoped. There are 10 people on an unranked waitlist organized by AOI. Need to verify a few other things, but I will probably remove myself from the waitlist.

Just emailed the DGS asking him to take me off of the waitlist. Hopefully this helps someone else! 

36 minutes ago, Sarpedon7325 said:

Phil

Hope you get in! I applied to HPS and am waiting in limbo. 

Edited by Eheydon

3 hours ago, Moose#@1%$ said:

Yup same here. 

There was another poster on the rejections forum who said the same thing. So that makes at least three of us, then. I know they got all the supporting docs, as I called twice to make sure. 

19 minutes ago, Eheydon said:

There was another poster on the rejections forum who said the same thing. So that makes at least three of us, then. I know they got all the supporting docs, as I called twice to make sure. 

Hopefully, we’re not in the next wave rejection. Lol 

29 minutes ago, Moose#@1%$ said:

Hopefully, we’re not in the next wave rejection. Lol 

Crossing my fingers. This has been the most stressful two weeks of my life.