SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

Just now, bluesnow said:

Yeah this is starting to really suck. I mean I was hopeful we would at least get an access email notification at some point today but nobody appears to have received one of those since 3PM yesterday! ....

Do. Not. Understand.

Yeah I’m really upset to be honest. I get it takes time, absolutely but man, this is torture. I‘ve never been so desperate to receive information that I’m expecting will upset me before ?

Just now, Biting_My_Nails said:

What are you implying? :(

Not implying anything.

Point is, there is nothing to imply, or really understand because of the lack of updates. Could be anything, could be waiting till next week, tomorrow, later,.... you get my drift

hello all. some more (non)info:

ontario applicant. no emails from shhrc. was able to access the extranet using the reset password trick. [am still able to access as of this post]. no results inside. app# 12xx. english lit.

good luck.

Edited by slang

Just now, TurnLeft said:

I’m trying to just picture one sad employee having to manage it all by themselves so I don’t get rage-y. ?

LOL. All i know is that my head has been aching all day...and I'm trying to make myself really busy (i.e., made an industrial amount of lasagna)..and I don't know what else to do next..

I'm running out of rational get-yourself-togethers lmao

Just now, TurnLeft said:

I’m trying to just picture one sad employee having to manage it all by themselves so I don’t get rage-y. ?

lol. I mean, I'm not upset with the people or person uploading the results. I'm upset with the people representing the organization as a whole who decided this was the way to go.

Just now, bluesnow said:

LOL. All i know is that my head has been aching all day...and I'm trying to make myself really busy (i.e., made an industrial amount of lasagna)..and I don't know what else to do next..

Omg please mail me some of that lasagna. ?

Just now, inableakvision said:

lol. I mean, I'm not upset with the people or person uploading the results. I'm upset with the people representing the organization as a whole who decided this was the way to go.

100% WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA. someone did and I would like to know.

Just now, Biting_My_Nails said:

Is there any chance that contacting SSHRC could help clarify the situation? Never been in touch with them directly so i have no idea how responsive they are. Maybe someone in this thread tried to get in touch already

I sent an email and yeah no reply yet. You get an auto-reply that says they will contact you within the next 4 business days. 

1 minute ago, inableakvision said:

Oh man ABSOLUTELY. But picturing this one lonely person sighing in a dark room as they upload thousands of results individually is really helping me ???

5 minutes ago, bluesnow said:

Sorry about your head but YUM

Yeah absolutely, not upset at anyone working at SSHRC. It's not their fault. I'm more upset at my inability to not be stressed about this and not get worked up! ?

I'm considering emailing my department, but I'm thinking that is probably a waste of time and bothersome as they might not know anything either!

Just now, socphd20 said:

It says their hours of operation are 830-430. So can we stop checking our emails at 430!? 

I say yes but I’ll continue checking til I fall asleep, so.