SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

Just now, Threesisters said:

Mine too. No name on mine. I would have thought there should be?

If you click on the “my documents” it’ll show your name - that screenshot is how it’s meant to look! Then when you refresh when results are posted there’ll be two documents (if you didn’t) and three I guess if you did!

9 minutes ago, JHSinclair said:

huh.  Mine just says "my documents' (nothing inside)

Can someone please share some good news on here soon?!  Surely they didn't just hold rejections for today?

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 2.21.32 pm.png

My first page looks exactly like that too! If you click on documents, you'll see that there's a dropdown menu "view" and if you click on "all documents" you'll see a folder with your name but documents uploaded. At least that's what I see. 

Wait, so once you get documents will you still see the "your documents will be displayed shortly message" or will that disappear? And, if you click my documents will they appear there or will you have to go into the folder with your name to view them?

Just now, quiettimes said:

Wait, so once you get documents will you still see the "your documents will be displayed shortly message" or will that disappear? And, if you click my documents will they appear there or will you have to go into the folder with your name to view them?

The documents will appear on the main screen. You don’t have to go anywhere to find them. 

Just now, ButterTurtle said:

So sorry! I was really rooting for you! Try for next year, you got this ??

Aw thanks so much!!! I really hope it’s good news for you, and for everyone here still waiting!!!! It’s been nice to have the company as we all get tortured together ?

5 minutes ago, kittycats said:

My first page looks exactly like that too! If you click on documents, you'll see that there's a dropdown menu "view" and if you click on "all documents" you'll see a folder with your name but documents uploaded. At least that's what I see. 

ah yes, there I am.  With a number in the low 3XXXXXs.  

Just now, TurnLeft said:

If you click on the “my documents” it’ll show your name - that screenshot is how it’s meant to look! Then when you refresh when results are posted there’ll be two documents (if you didn’t) and three I guess if you did!

Thanks. I wont open if there are only two! 

My fingers are crossed to those who haven’t heard back yet. I hope the wait will be worth it and that you’d hear good news soon!

To those who got an offer, how do we accept the grant?

1 hour ago, TurnLeft said:

Got my results - no sshrc for me this year ? aw well. 

Aw man I’m so sorry to hear!! :( hope you get it next year ❤️ Thanks for continuing to post with us here. I’m still waiting gahhh

Just now, leelof said:

Aw man I’m so sorry to hear!! :( hope you get it next year ❤️ Thanks for continuing to post with us here. I’m still waiting gahhh

Thank you!!! It’s a bummer but at the same time.... oh well ?. I’m sure I’ll be rejected many times in my career, gotta start somewhere LOL. And Ugh... fingers crossed for you!!! 

Just now, JHSinclair said:

Got the results: only 2 documents.  Denied.  ?

I’m so sorry :( my score was devastatingly low! As if I didn’t have enough imposter syndrome ?

Just now, stressymessy said:

I still never received login information.....starting to think I've officially been ghosted by SSHRC

Omg wtf!!!!! Thank god for your dept emailing you ?

Just now, stressymessy said:

They said they haven't heard anything either....I emailed them this morning to ask them if they have any updates...

Noooo why did I think you had heard good news ???? I hope I’m manifesting it for you ?

Just now, ButterTurtle said:

Is anyone here from usask? Still don’t have my results. Haven’t heard from the awards dept. 

I am! Not that that’s much comfort, sorry ?.

2 minutes ago, ButterTurtle said:

Is anyone here from usask? Still don’t have my results. Haven’t heard from the awards dept. 

But to be serious... Apparently Usasks awards dept. Doesn’t email results to us. My chair said he’d email to ask tonight if we hadn’t heard so maybe reach out that way??? 

Just now, Threesisters said:

Finally see my folder with my name. Empty but my number is 242574...For those who heard today - is this a sequence? Are you in about this number?

I was 309770

My results were finally posted. If anyone wants to commiserate, I understand. Whatever it is, SSHRC seems to have very different criteria than most other granting agencies. So, if you got rejected don't despair. In my experience, success with SSHRC doesn't  correlate to success elsewhere.

I'm a PhD candidate (year 4) and this was my last year to apply. Thankfully, I don't really need SSHRC this year. I managed to get a 48 000 CAD scholarship from a Japanese granting agency for the next academic year, and I had 45 000 CAD from an American agency this past academic year. Prior to those major grants, I've had over 20 000 CAD in small grants from outside agencies. My applications have been well received by the SSRC, Japan Foundation, JSPS, among others.

I'm not saying this to brag but to show that SSHRC must have some baffling criteria. This is the first time I've actually gotten a numbered score -- the previous three attempts I didn't make SSHRC's first cut. Now, I am blessed with a number: 6.5/20 !