2020 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

Neuromantic

5 minutes ago, Polar said:

It seems interesting... Last year, by the same time (Dec 16, or the first 2 weeks of December), more schools have sent their interviews compared to this year. Although a lot of schools sent on Dec 17/18/19/20.

Makes sense, it's the week before xmas. This week is gonna have applicants on edge though lol

1 minute ago, Aplysia said:

No consistency this year! ? and my school bookstore keeps sending me emails about holiday sales, so I keep refreshing my email seeing something from "The University of ..."

Fall for it everytime and think some school is getting back to me

I got excited when I got a phone call today but it was just a robo call.....

49 minutes ago, caffeinemouse said:

For everyone waiting to hear from Vanderbilt IGP, they DO send out invites in batches, so don't fret! I was feeling pessimistic when I didn't hear last week when I saw it popping up on the results page, but my call came today! :)

Congrats!!! I'm happy for you! :)

Chatting with a POI at Penn today and from my understanding what she meant was NGG sent out quite some interviews but they are not done yet? There might still have chances to hear back before the holiday... I am trying to hold a little more  hope here...

Also, UCSD might send out invites on 18th/19th from what I heard (they have ~550 apps this year OMG)

Edited by D2R

3 hours ago, caffeinemouse said:

For everyone waiting to hear from Vanderbilt IGP, they DO send out invites in batches, so don't fret! I was feeling pessimistic when I didn't hear last week when I saw it popping up on the results page, but my call came today! :) 

I am currently out of the country and cannot receive calls. Will they send an email if I miss the call?

2 hours ago, Fizxisphun said:

I am currently out of the country and cannot receive calls. Will they send an email if I miss the call?

Yes! I got an email moments after the call, I'm sure they would send it even if you weren't able to answer the call. 

Hi friends,

All this info is super helpful, thanks to all who have posted already!

As for my updates- I received invitations from UNC neuro (priority deadline), Penn NGG, and Duke Neurobiology. waiting for 8 more schools.

Unfortunately, UNC priority deadline invitations are done. But! the UNC regular deadline pool should be hearing from the program soon ;)

5 minutes ago, AdamSugi said:

If you could also share a little bit of your profile? Thank you and Congrats! :)

research all undergrad 

3 summers (two at Princeton) 

strong letters from PIs I worked with

1 first author pub in review another 3rd author in prep 

8 posters 5 talks 

Neuroscience major 3.76 gpa 

16 minutes ago, AdamSugi said:

Great! Could you share your info? I am international student applying there. Would you mind sharing research exp, publications, LOR, when did you apply? Thank you and Congratulations!

Also an international applicant. Got nothing so far :(

Anyone know when OHSU's Neuroscience Graduate Program (NGP) will be sending invites? I'm going a little crazy waiting, I saw on their website invitation emails are supposed to be sent around Dec. 15th, but it doesn't look like they have sent anything out yet? It didn't help that yesterday I saw a bunch of invites go out from the Behavioral Neuroscience program but nothing from the NGP 

1 hour ago, AdamSugi said:

Great! Could you share your info? I am international student applying there. Would you mind sharing research exp, publications, LOR, when did you apply? Thank you and Congratulations!

Research throughout undergrad and a postbacc position for a year at a different institution. Three strong LORs from PIs. 0 pubs, 1 poster, 1 talk. 3.5 major GPA in neuro. I submitted my application the day of the deadline, haha... 

44 minutes ago, gene_machine509 said:

Anyone know when OHSU's Neuroscience Graduate Program (NGP) will be sending invites? I'm going a little crazy waiting, I saw on their website invitation emails are supposed to be sent around Dec. 15th, but it doesn't look like they have sent anything out yet? It didn't help that yesterday I saw a bunch of invites go out from the Behavioral Neuroscience program but nothing from the NGP 

behavioral neuro and ngp have two seperate admission committees and ngp is the larger program, so that's probably why they were taking a long time

38 minutes ago, owobowoz said:

Research throughout undergrad and a postbacc position for a year at a different institution. Three strong LORs from PIs. 0 pubs, 1 poster, 1 talk. 3.5 major GPA in neuro. I submitted my application the day of the deadline, haha... 

hahaha me too, submitted at the day of the deadline too. Did they tell you when the interviews are going to happen?