Fall 2020 Social/Personality Psychology PhD

PianoPsych

A little bird told me that both UCLA and UMass are wrapping up their unofficial interviews and will send out their invites to on-campus interviews by the end of this week!

2 hours ago, HanClee said:

A little bird told me that both UCLA and UMass are wrapping up their unofficial interviews and will send out their invites to on-campus interviews by the end of this week!

I am so nervous...!!

2 hours ago, HanClee said:

If you didn't get an unofficial interview, is it unlikely to get an on-campus interview?

15 minutes ago, ybuw111 said:

I am so nervous...!!

Just heard back from UCLA that I am not invited to their on-campus interview. Not entirely surprised but the preliminary chat was still super helpful!

1 minute ago, spider-man said:

If you didn't get an unofficial interview, is it unlikely to get an on-campus interview?

I'd say so. I was told only 20-25 people got unofficial interviews and the group of final candidates that will be brought to LA was chosen from this pool.

53 minutes ago, HanClee said:

Just heard back from UCLA that I am not invited to their on-campus interview. Not entirely surprised but the preliminary chat was still super helpful!

Thanks for sharing the news.. I am still waiting for the email.... I wish you the best!!!

22 hours ago, HanClee said:

Curious if anyone has heard from:

Stanford, Princeton, UWash, NYU, Yale, Northwestern, UWisc-Madison.

Thanks!

My sense is that NYU sent out all of their invites (at least for cognition & perception).

Edited by SocialPsych2018

3 hours ago, SocialPsych2018 said:

My sense is that NYU sent out all of their invites (at least for cognition & perception).

I applied to the social psych track at NYU and I'm freaking out right now, it was one of my safest bets (my LORs carried a lot of weight there). I hope they're still sending invites for the social program. If anyone got an interview for the NYU social program I'll appreciate if you could PMme POI initials.

It seems like all I see on the results page are Clinical and Counseling Psychology.. anybody else also noticed this and getting frustrated? I'm hoping this means there's fewer applicants applying to Social Psychology programs, or that Social programs extend most of their interview invites later rather than sooner! 

4 hours ago, ArgiePsych said:

I applied to the social psych track at NYU and I'm freaking out right now, it was one of my safest bets (my LORs carried a lot of weight there). I hope they're still sending invites for the social program. If anyone got an interview for the NYU social program I'll appreciate if you could PMme POI initials.

I applied to social psych track at NYU too...still hear nth. BTW congrats SocialPsych2018 on getting the formal interview invite from NYU! Best of luck!

1 hour ago, lolhelp said:

It seems like all I see on the results page are Clinical and Counseling Psychology.. anybody else also noticed this and getting frustrated? I'm hoping this means there's fewer applicants applying to Social Psychology programs, or that Social programs extend most of their interview invites later rather than sooner! 

I think even for social psych, the invitations will be most likely sent by the end of this week :( according to previous years' record on GradCafe. Until now I hear nth though...

Has anyone done unofficial interview with UCLA? If I am not getting any email from UCLA, does that mean I am not selected for the official interview? It seems like UCLA is popping up everywhere and I am bit confused..!

Just now, ybuw111 said:

Has anyone done unofficial interview with UCLA? If I am not getting any email from UCLA, does that mean I am not selected for the official interview? It seems like UCLA is popping up everywhere and I am bit confused..!

Same! I just saw on the acceptance tracker that someone got an email scheduling an on campus Ucla interview after a phone interview. I have yet to hear anything ? 

1 hour ago, ybuw111 said:

I did an unofficial interview with UCLA and was told I won’t be invited to the official interview for research compatibility reasons. And yes, my understanding is that if you didn’t receive an unofficial interview, you likely would not be invited to the official interview.