Fall 2020 Social/Personality Psychology PhD

PianoPsych

1 hour ago, imemine said:

School: University of Florida

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 1/11

Type of invite: Phone call from POI

Interview date(s):  1/31 (or any other date that works for you if your travel schedule is as hellacious as mine lol)

Feel free to DM for POI!!

Great place! Know some people in facultythere :)

1 hour ago, Psyche1988 said:

Has anyone heard anything from UC San Diego ?? Do the UCs take much longer to respond compared to most schools? First time applicant here. 

I heard from my POI last week, interview days are Jan 30-31st. 

14 hours ago, PsychPhdBound said:

You've heard from them?

haha. No. I'm already in a program. But I know interviews are soon and who they are interviewing. Usually they send them out before that.

8 hours ago, Psygeek said:

haha. No. I'm already in a program. But I know interviews are soon and who they are interviewing. Usually they send them out before that.

Oh bummer! Virgina was my top choice and I hadn't heard anything :(. I applied to Community Psych and thought the fit with the professor was perfectly aligned. I have offers/interviews from other programs, but was really holding out hope for Virgina. Ugh, so disappointing.

11 hours ago, PsychPhdBound said:

Oh bummer! Virgina was my top choice and I hadn't heard anything :(. I applied to Community Psych and thought the fit with the professor was perfectly aligned. I have offers/interviews from other programs, but was really holding out hope for Virgina. Ugh, so disappointing.

Don't know about community psych - I only know about Social. Community is its own area.

26 minutes ago, Psygeek said:

Don't know about community psych - I only know about Social. Community is its own area.

Does this mean that the invites are already all sent out, if I have not received any - I am pretty much rejected? 

2 hours ago, spider-man said:

Does anyone know if Ohio State University and University of Colorado Boulder are done sending out interviews for social psychology?

Looks like OSU have already sent out some acceptances (two posters on page 10 of this forum, from what I can see)

5 hours ago, Red324 said:

Any updates on these schools? UNCG, UI-Urbana Champaign, KU, UMN, Purdue. Thanks!

Also waiting on UNCG (some invites for clinical psych seem to be out but yet to see anything for Social). And yes, heard from UMN last week for PIB; Social might differ though. 

Apologies if I missed this somewhere, but I applied to NYU and Columbia's Social Psychology PhD programs. I'm a first time applicant, and a graduating junior from my undergraduate psych program. I'm really excited to pursue my interests in social psych, but am really nervous about this application round! Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

Also, has anyone received interview invites from either NYU or Columbia?

1 minute ago, terrycherry said:

I heard from someone that NYU has already sent out interviews, back in mid-December, which POI were you applying for, if you don't mind me asking?

I was applying to work with Dr. Emily Balcetis and Dr. Tessa West at NYU, and at Columbia I applied to work with Dr. Niall Bolger. I assumed that being a graduating third-year undergrad student might make my application weaker due to the inherently decreased amount of experience I have compared to others, but still glad I applied!