Fall 2020 Social/Personality Psychology PhD

PianoPsych

Alright, Imma be That Person.  Has anyone else applied to and heard from University of Nebraska - Lincoln for their Social/Cognitive program? They sent out interviews about this time in 2019 and 2018. The on-campus interviews are set for the third weekend of Feb this year, and the department site says that they will send invites about a month in advance... in other words, this week or next at the latest. I had some really positive converations with the POI and her grad student, so I'm hopeful to at least get an invite, but it would be nice to at least get an update!

11 minutes ago, Red324 said:

Thank you for informing us! Have they done phone interviews? I haven't heard anything.

Same. Haven’t heard from my POI since November. I imagine that they will be sending invites out soon. 

2 hours ago, 11082017 said:

Same. Haven’t heard from my POI since November. I imagine that they will be sending invites out soon. 

2 hours ago, Red324 said:

Thank you for informing us! Have they done phone interviews? I haven't heard anything.

I know for sure that they met last week. Not sure why invites haven't gone out or when they'll send though. My contact had said this past Monday, but that came and went...

Edited by Modulus
Oops, thought this was the clinical thread. Well, this is true for clinical.

3 hours ago, Randi S said:

Alright, Imma be That Person.  Has anyone else applied to and heard from University of Nebraska - Lincoln for their Social/Cognitive program? They sent out interviews about this time in 2019 and 2018. The on-campus interviews are set for the third weekend of Feb this year, and the department site says that they will send invites about a month in advance... in other words, this week or next at the latest. I had some really positive converations with the POI and her grad student, so I'm hopeful to at least get an invite, but it would be nice to at least get an update!

I heard today about setting up a Skype interview for next week with in-person invites coming the following week. Hope that helps!

Maybe I’m overthinking this too much, but I had a Skype interview last week and POI told me I’d hear back about on campus interviews by the end of this week. Well, it’s Saturday and I still have not heard anything from them. Do you guys think it’s okay to send a quick follow-up email asking for updates on where they are at with sending in-person interview invites? 

Edited by lolhelp

20 minutes ago, lolhelp said:

Maybe I’m overthinking this too much, but I had a Skype interview last week and POI told me I’d hear back about on campus interviews by the end of this week. Well, it’s Saturday and I still have not heard anything from them. Do you guys think it’s okay to send a quick follow-up email asking for updates on where they are at with sending in-person interview invites? 

If you haven’t already sent a follow up after the conversation yet. I would say it’s fine to touch base and express your enthusiasm again. 

17 minutes ago, lolhelp said:

I’d email tomorrow or Monday. Your POI may consider Saturday still within the “end of the week” time limit.

18 hours ago, lolhelp said:

Hopefully you sent a thank you email after your Skype, but I'd wait until Monday to follow-up. I've heard from a couple of my POI's over the weekend. I think for alot of them it's when they get caught up with emails. As we all know, while this is our entire world and everything we think about, it's just a tiny % of their jobs and isn't necessarily top of mind for them. Good luck!!

26 minutes ago, Reno said:

Has anybody heard from Ohio University or U of South Florida? Any idea if all the invites have been sent out? 

Ohio University’s visitation weekend is 1/31, so I’d assume that all invites have been sent. I received an offer for admission in early January.

5 hours ago, PianoPsych said:

Thanks! Do you know if this is the same for PIB? My anxiety levels go through the roof every time I check my emails ?

All areas make their decisions separately but they should all be out soon because Welcome Weekend is the third week of February (20-22). 

https://qz.com/950763/how-to-get-into-graduate-school-according-to-current-phd-students/ 

Just wanted to share this with y'all -- Good luck to everyone!

"So if you get turned down, don’t get discouraged. On one hand, it may be a blessing in disguise.  Grad school certainly isn’t for everyone." 

This is the quote I am taking with me. 

Has anybody heard from Wayne State University’s Social program??? I’ve seen results posted for the other areas (Cognitive, Clinical) but nothing has been posted about the Social program since a few years ago. 

Did anybody apply to that program this application cycle, or is connected to the program and knows anything about where faculty are at with making on-campus interview invites!?! 

On 1/18/2020 at 12:56 AM, Psyche1988 said:

Has anyone here applied to UC San Diego for social? Any idea if all interview invites are out? 

On January 3rd I got an email inviting me to the Prospective Graduate Student Open House from January 30th to January 31st. 

On 1/21/2020 at 4:34 PM, stumbleforward said:

Anyone heard from University of Washington? I know on their website it says that interview weekend is March 6 so perhaps they haven't sent anything out yet, but it feels very late!

That's what I'm hoping too. Haven't heard anything.