Fall 2020 Social/Personality Psychology PhD

PianoPsych

3 hours ago, LSR_emotions said:

Has anyone heard back from UNC-Chapel Hill, University of Virginia or University of Wisconsin Madison? Have any of these schools made their final interview invites? Thanks!

I am also waiting on UNC- Chapel Hill and University of Virginia. Haven’t heard anything yet. 

I’ve heard from zero places. I’ve seen rejections from WUSTL, but I haven’t gotten one. I also haven’t gotten an interview invite. I guess I am in a weird limbo at the moment. Hoping to hear from Reno soon. It’s my top choice. If I get in, I’ll be withdrawing my apps elsewhere. 

On 1/5/2020 at 5:40 PM, Psychtime said:

Has anyone heard from UC Riverside, Portland State, FSU or UN Reno?

Received an acceptance over the phone and an invite to their prospective student weekend in Feb

School: Florida State University

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 1/2

Type of invite: Email from POI

Interview date(s): 1/30-2/2

School: University of Utah

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 1/4

Interview date(s):  2/6-2/8

Feel free to DM for POI

UMN social program should be having “the meeting” soon to make decisions. They admit to the area, not to a specific POI so don’t be surprised if you haven’t been contacted yet. Also, UMN’s social and PIB programs accept students without formal interviews. Visiting weekend for accepted students is the third weekend of February. 

Good luck to all those applying this year! 

7 hours ago, 11082017 said:

Hi. If you got a PIB Minnesota interview, could you please DM me your POI’s initials. Thanks! 

Hey that was me- will be DMing you soon! I thought there was another formal interview stage following this one (turns out there isn't), which is why I didn't post it here. Sorry!

School: University of Minnesota-Twin Cities

Type: PhD (Personality, Individual Differences, and Behavior Genetics)

Date of invite: 1/7

Interview date: 1/9 (note: no formal interviews at UMN)

To others- also feel free to DM me for POI.

Edited by PianoPsych

These are the schools I applied to:

Penn State,, University of Colorado Boulder, University of Michigan, University of Vermont, University of Denver, Washington University in St. Louis, The University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Northeastern, University of California San Diego

I  have not heard from anywhere yet, but was wondering if anyone has heard from these schools?

i feel like schools this year have been sending out their results later than any other years - or is it just me. 

I already have given up on around 5 schools and i applied to 10. 

I am so stressed - more than writing up my app.

Edited by ybuw111

34 minutes ago, ybuw111 said:

i feel like schools this year have been sending out their results later than any other years - or is it just me. 

I already have given up on around 5 schools and i applied to 10. 

I am so stressed - more than writing up my app.

I gave up on some schools and then someone got an interview invite a lot later than other people, so maybe who knows the exact dates. ?‍♀️

I wish we got ranges.

Edited by socialneurofriend

UCR has extended most of their acceptances but there are some PIs still reviewing files. Which PIs, I don’t know. She didn’t tell me, but it looks like it’s probably a soft rejection for me. She did say rejection letters won’t go out for quite awhile. 

6 hours ago, PsychPhdBound said:

@Psychtime I didn't apply to PSU, but I'm a psych undergrad and I've heard from professors that they just got the applicant info this week and most are still reviewing.

Yes, thank you! I reached out to my PI, and she told me they hope to make some decisions by the end of the month. Fingers crossed. The program is a perfect fit for me!

In case the person who received an invite from Stanford sees this.. could you tell me which area you applied to? And who your PI is if you don’t mind!

congrats on the interview!

Edited by Psyche1988

To folks asking about Stanford:

I got an email from the PI this morning saying that she has extended invite to two candidates and I was not one of them. The other two candidates had more research experience in the areas the lab is pursuing despite a strong overlap between my and the lab’s interests. That being said, the PI said she wants to keep me as an alternate.

In the email, she said folks regularly get admitted to the program without coming to the interview day, but I know she is such a nice person that she may just be being kind. Regardless, it was a great experience talking to her and her grad students, and best of luck to the folks who got the official invites!