Canada MSW 2020

rolearly34

Hey everyone. I'm an applicant for the 2-year programs at York, UofT, and Laurier. A few days ago I emailed each program's admins to see if there were any updates on timing of application acceptances/rejections for the 2-year stream. I figured that many people are wondering, especially with the onset of COVID-19, so thought I'd share the responses I got:

Laurier

Please visit our Application Checklist page for the offer target dates.  Decisions may be made earlier or later than expected.  Offers of admission will be sent electronically to the email address provided at time of application and unsuccessful candidates will receive notification via mail.

Given the current situation, we are working hard to still meet those targets. 

All the best.

U of T

Hello,

I am responding to your message.  All decisions should hopefully be out by mid-April.

Thank you for your interest in our programs and stay safe during this difficult time.

Best regards.

York

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out!

With the COVID-19 emergency, this has delayed the admission process slightly but the university will stay open and the admission process will continue as normal. Please use York University website which will provide the most recent information moving forward.

In general the applicants are notified late March and into April. I would encourage you to keep checking your MyFile account for any updates. The process will conclude at the end of May. Any applicant who was not accepted can reach out to the school or department to receive some feedback on why it may not have been accepted.

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

Stay safe!

--

That's all, folks! Best of luck and hope everyone is doing okay ?

11 hours ago, MSW_2020 said:

Anxiously awaiting Laurier 2 year program acceptances to go out. The wait is tough. I did look back at other forums and saw that the past two years acceptances started rolling out the first few days of April. 

I feel you.. the wait is so tough! Hopefully not too much longer ?

14 hours ago, PB&yogurt said:

Hey everyone. I'm an applicant for the 2-year programs at York, UofT, and Laurier. A few days ago I emailed each program's admins to see if there were any updates on timing of application acceptances/rejections for the 2-year stream. I figured that many people are wondering, especially with the onset of COVID-19, so thought I'd share the responses I got:

Laurier

Please visit our Application Checklist page for the offer target dates.  Decisions may be made earlier or later than expected.  Offers of admission will be sent electronically to the email address provided at time of application and unsuccessful candidates will receive notification via mail.

All the best.

U of T

Hello,

I am responding to your message.  All decisions should hopefully be out by mid-April.

Thank you for your interest in our programs and stay safe during this difficult time.

Best regards.

York

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out!

With the COVID-19 emergency, this has delayed the admission process slightly but the university will stay open and the admission process will continue as normal. Please use York University website which will provide the most recent information moving forward.

In general the applicants are notified late March and into April. I would encourage you to keep checking your MyFile account for any updates. The process will conclude at the end of May. Any applicant who was not accepted can reach out to the school or department to receive some feedback on why it may not have been accepted.

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

Stay safe!

--

Rejections by Laurier will be made by mail??? yikes

18 hours ago, PB&yogurt said:

Laurier

All the best.

U of T

Hello,

Best regards.

York

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out!

Stay safe!

--

thankyou so much for this :) take care and stay safe

Hi all,

I am not very familiar with the GTA. What are some well known placement opportunities in Toronto for the health and mental health stream at U of T? Specifically working in addictions? 

11 hours ago, d-b said:

I also got mine this week for the foundation MSW!!! :) 

Yay congrats!! We will be starting the program together. That's great! Are you already from Okanagan if you don't mind me asking? I will be moving from Vancouver! 

14 hours ago, d-b said:

I also got mine this week for the foundation MSW!!! :) 

congratulations :) i’m still anxiously waiting to hear back but fingers crossed that i’ll hear back soon! do you mind if i ask what academic/occupational experience you had?