Canada MSW 2020

rolearly34

3 minutes ago, HopelessMSWApplicant said:

I don't see anything like that.... But I, too, did my BSW from DAL .... around this time ;)

its under education where it says dalhousie .... I meant to write 80... damn 9 is soooo close lol and so cool. Did you do distance?

Edited by Vivi2020

Has anyone wrote to or called Angela at U of T to get an updated estimate on where we will hear about the 2-year program? Last I heard (beginning of January) she projected mid March for advanced standing and mid April for 2-year. 

2 hours ago, HopelessMSWApplicant said:

Pretty sure I messed up my Waterloo one by not 'self-declaring' my GPA correctly in percentages ? Hopefully they overlook the fact I think I drastically under-declared.. I suck at that.

I messed up translating my college GPA and took like 10% off the actual average. I was still accepted to Laurier.

26 minutes ago, courtmsw said:

For those still waiting for the Waterloo full-time program, I emailed admissions and they told me that all decisions will be out within the next couple of weeks

Is this for Laurier 2 year stream?

21 hours ago, courtmsw said:

No for Renison's Advanced Standing program!

Hi! Do you know how the online courses are organized? Are they at a set time, or do you work on it as you can? It seems it may be asynchronous, as the field placement component Information on their web says it is not set days- but instead 2 days a week. Any info you have on this program welcomed. I will call them on Monday- but given the covid situation they are likely dealing with/ I want to see what I can determine with our bothering them! 
thanks!! 

On 2/26/2020 at 7:55 PM, eleanormsw said:

I received my acceptance into Carleton’s advanced MSW on Feb. 21st with a funding package!

What is the funding package like? Curious what Carleton offers.

8 hours ago, DeniseMSW said:

Hi! Do you know how the online courses are organized? Are they at a set time, or do you work on it as you can? It seems it may be asynchronous, as the field placement component Information on their web says it is not set days- but instead 2 days a week. Any info you have on this program welcomed. I will call them on Monday- but given the covid situation they are likely dealing with/ I want to see what I can determine with our bothering them! 
thanks!! 

Hey, I’m not too sure, but I would imagine that there would would be due dates for assignments and for lectures you would do whenever you could! 

51 minutes ago, attempting said:

I got accepted to the york advance standing MSW! My status changed in MyFile but I can't seem to find the offer letter. If anyone else was accepted to York, do you know how to access the letter?

i called admissions this morning. they said that the offer letter shows up in a couple days after the status changes. you'll get it soon - congrats!!