Canada MSW 2020

rolearly34

12 minutes ago, Lalalla said:

Does anyone know when Windsor and Laurier will respond ? For the two year program?

I emailed Windsor the other day and they said: "We are just finalizing application reviews and are hoping to have admission status sent out by the end of the month."

36 minutes ago, jberma01 said:

I emailed Windsor the other day and they said: "We are just finalizing application reviews and are hoping to have admission status sent out by the end of the month."

Laurier’s website says April.

1 hour ago, cmornin said:

Thank you for letting me know!! I'll keep that in mind when I start the program. I'm not planning to do it to boost my grades, just to gain experience and to hopefully help me get a job in the field if it takes me a while to get into an MSW program (I'm working in childcare at the moment and it is awful). 

What did you do after the SSW program, if you don't mind me asking? I've thought about a BSW so that I can apply to the advanced standing MSW programs but I'm not sure exactly what I want to do! 

I applied to other programs at the same time as my MSW after the SSW program. I ended up doing a Master of Arts  in women and gender studies, focusing on social justice and advocacy at Carleton. I graduate from that program in June, and I applied to my MSW for a 3rd time for this fall ?

I have been rejected by Carleton and Western..still waiting on Laurier but it's my first year applying so I am not anticipating an acceptance.

I'm not sure what I should do next..I have a BAH in psychology, should I apply to do a BSW? Or should I get more work experience and apply next year? I've been reading how people have tried for 4+ years before getting accepted to the 2 year's Masters.

If anyone has knowledge on pursing a BSW as a post-grad let me know. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Lalalla said:

Does anyone know when Windsor and Laurier will respond ? For the two year program?

Last year my friend heard back that she was accepted to Laurier April 1.

53 minutes ago, MSWWishes said:

I have been rejected by Carleton and Western..still waiting on Laurier but it's my first year applying so I am not anticipating an acceptance.

I'm not sure what I should do next..I have a BAH in psychology, should I apply to do a BSW? Or should I get more work experience and apply next year? I've been reading how people have tried for 4+ years before getting accepted to the 2 year's Masters.

If anyone has knowledge on pursing a BSW as a post-grad let me know. Thanks!

Also looking for some advice. I have a BScH in health sciences with a lot of social science courses and quite a bit of relevant experience. I don't qualify for an accelerated BSW and I'm reluctant to go and do another 4 year undergrad degree. 

Work experience? post-degree certificate/ college program? 

Any advice from personal experience/ things they've heard/ seen on forums or anywhere is welcome!!

Aaaaand just got rejected from Western....2nd year applying....Last year applied to the 2 Year MSW and this year applying to the Advanced Standing...just waiting to hear from Waterloo now 

Edited by SaffySaf

Got an email saying I was waitlisted today for Western 2 year MSW... Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist and what the chances are of being accepted from the WL?

This is my second waitlist- I was also waitlisted for Carleton :( .. Hoping for acceptance to UofT and Laurier

Edited by msw2020l

Just for my curiosity. How long is the program at UofT for the Advanced Standing MSW in Social Justice. It said full-time is 3 years but it did not specify if it was for the Advanced Standing MSW or the MSW without the BSW. If I don't get into Waterloo then I'm going to apply to UofT next year for that stream. 

23 minutes ago, msw2020l said:

Got an email saying I was waitlisted today for Western 2 year MSW... Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist and what the chances are of being accepted from the WL?

This is my second waitlist- I was also waitlisted for Carleton :( .. Hoping for acceptance to UofT and Laurier

You are very likely to get in if you were already wait listed! My friend wasn’t wait listed until May last year and still ended up getting in :) you should be fine! 

15 minutes ago, JKMSW said:

Congratulations!! Did you apply to advanced standing or the 2year? 

Advanced Standing. Just checked in with some pals who also applied to the Advanced Standing and they're still waiting to hear back, so hopefully that's a sign that offers are still rolling out! Not sure if 2-Year folks would be hearing back around this time or not.