Canada MSW 2020

rolearly34

1 hour ago, K_J said:

I got my UBCO offer for the Foundation MSW this morning! 

congratulations! that is so exciting :) do you mind telling me anything about your academic/occupational experience? 

On 3/2/2020 at 12:15 PM, SocialWork2020 said:

Hello! Congrats to all of you who have been accepted into programs today! 

I was just wondering if anyone has been accepted into UBC Okanagan's 2 Year MSW program yet? Thank you :)

i am still waiting as well! good luck and hopefully we hear back soon :)  

Hi everyone!

I'm thinking about applying to the online advanced standing MSW program at Laurier that starts in January 2021. The deadline for applications is May 1st, 2020. But I really don't know if it's worth my time to apply or not. Has anyone gotten into their online program and would mind telling me about how much experience they had under their belt before they applied? Money is really tight right now so I don't want to spend the money if I don't even have a chance. 

I do have quite a bit of experience. I just got waitlisted for the UofT Advanced Standing MSW program for the MH&H stream. Unfortunately UofT was the only program I applied to. So I do have some experience, but obviously not enough to get into UofT. I would appreciate any feedback at all, or even a contact name for Laurier to speak with someone directly at the school. 

Thanks so much!

40 minutes ago, French_MSW said:

Hi everyone!

I'm thinking about applying to the online advanced standing MSW program at Laurier that starts in January 2021. The deadline for applications is May 1st, 2020. But I really don't know if it's worth my time to apply or not. Has anyone gotten into their online program and would mind telling me about how much experience they had under their belt before they applied? Money is really tight right now so I don't want to spend the money if I don't even have a chance. 

I do have quite a bit of experience. I just got waitlisted for the UofT Advanced Standing MSW program for the MH&H stream. Unfortunately UofT was the only program I applied to. So I do have some experience, but obviously not enough to get into UofT. I would appreciate any feedback at all, or even a contact name for Laurier to speak with someone directly at the school. 

Thanks so much!

If you go to the website and download the program document for the online program by filling out your info, an enrollment advisor reaches out pretty quickly. It was the same one who reached out to me initially that helped me through the whole application process and eventually emailed my acceptance. Hope this helps.

38 minutes ago, ErinCM said:

If you go to the website and download the program document for the online program by filling out your info, an enrollment advisor reaches out pretty quickly. It was the same one who reached out to me initially that helped me through the whole application process and

Edited by DeniseMSW

1 hour ago, French_MSW said:

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much!

I was declined by Laurier last year but accepted into u of t and Windsor for working professionals. Who knows!!  Check out Windsor for working professionals they have a Jan start too I think and a Mississagua satellite classroom 

1 minute ago, aidyn said:

I got my offer of admission to Western at 1030am. Two year program. This is my 5th year applying to my msw. First year at Western.

Congrats, that's amazing!! Did you get an email or just updated on the portal??

27 minutes ago, aidyn said:

I got my offer of admission to Western at 1030am. Two year program. This is my 5th year applying to my msw. First year at Western.

Do you mind sharing your average/experience etc?