Canada MSW 2020

rolearly34

58 minutes ago, Starfinger10 said:

Is there a high chance that we get in if we are waitlisted? 

I was waitlisted last year and unfortunately did not get in off the list. However, the year before, my friend got accepted off the waitlist in late August... so there is hope! I understand the frustration, but please try not to get discouraged ?  

44 minutes ago, SOCIALWERK2020 said:

PS. I just received my official offer of acceptance from U of T (advanced standing) in an email and on SGS! 

Ugh! No email or Sgs change but an invited on ACORN since yesterday. ?

Hi all! For this of you that will be attending Dalhousie in the fall, I've created a group called "Dalhousie MSW Incoming Class 2020." Feel free to join if you'd like! 

Guys!!!!!  I made an account to let y'all know I literally just got off the phone with Ryerson! Jen Poole called me and told me I got in, and that I got a $1000 entrance scholarship! I'm over the moon. I also got my acceptance from U of T earlier today.

Side note: I think Ryerson's admissions committee must have a lot of fun calling people to tell them the good news about acceptances. I kept stuttering "oh - oh my god...thank you oh my god....wow thank you..." and she was holding back laughter the whole time haha. Good cheer spreads!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear back! I'm rooting for you all.

I just got accepted to the Ryerson MSW program. I am currently out of the country so I didn't receive the phone call, but i got an email. The official offer shows up on RAMSS 24hrs after you receive the email. 

Still waiting to hear back from York though . . . 

14 minutes ago, attempting said:

I just got accepted to the Ryerson MSW program. I am currently out of the country so I didn't receive the phone call, but i got an email. The official offer shows up on RAMSS 24hrs after you receive the email. 

Still waiting to hear back from York though . . . 

York will be mid March 

I’ve been waitlisted for U of T Mental Health stream. I won’t lie, even the wait list feels validating at this point!

Has anyone heard about UBCO advanced standing? I called yesterday and they said sometime in March. 

4 hours ago, Starfinger10 said:

Np! I’m still waiting for any acceptances. I got waitlisted for uoft. Will schools still send a letter for any type of decision? 

I am not sure. Back in 2016 I had only applied to UofT and they sent me a letter when I was wait listed but they never sent any rejection letters. 

1)   I got waitlisted at uoft for children & families (advance standing) - I feel somewhat hopeful yet, disheartened at the same time wondering what I could do better.

Does anyone have any advice regarding, if I do not get in miraculously this year, what is recommended that I do to improve? Although I do have tons of experience, employment is the obvious however, any other suggestions for those that have been in this situation? 

2)   Also what are the chances of getting into the program if I was waitlisted specifically to C&F specialization?

3).  & when should I anticipate in finding out? Does anyone have experience or know anyone that experienced this?

Not giving up but... Feeling extremely down because of the situation. Really hoped & worked my behind off for a response that stated “accepted” but, lets see how things go. ??

thank you!! 

1)   I got waitlisted at uoft for children & families (advance standing) - I feel somewhat hopeful yet, disheartened at the same time wondering what I could do better.

Does anyone have any advice regarding, if I do not get in miraculously this year, what is recommended that I do to improve? Although I do have tons of experience, employment is the obvious however, any other suggestions for those that have been in this situation? 

2)   Also what are the chances of getting into the program if I was waitlisted specifically to C&F specialization?

3).  & when should I anticipate in finding out? Does anyone have experience or know anyone that experienced this?

Not giving up but... Feeling extremely down because of the situation. Really hoped & worked my behind off for a response that stated “accepted” but, lets see how things go. ??

thank you!! 

11 hours ago, Cafe-queen said:

I’ve been waitlisted for U of T Mental Health stream. I won’t lie, even the wait list feels validating at this point!

Has anyone heard about UBCO advanced standing? I called yesterday and they said sometime in March. 

I heard back from UBC O mid February and they required an answer by today. I’m sure more acceptances will be coming out soon!