Canada MSW 2020

rolearly34

1 hour ago, Kristine said:

Hi,

Does anyone know when Lakehead sends out acceptance letters for the HBSW program?

Hi Kristine! 

I was in the 2018/2019 cohort for the Lakehead HBSW program, and I got my acceptance letter on March 28th, 2018. So hopefully you will hear back around the same time!

9 hours ago, French_MSW said:

Hi Kristine! 

I was in the 2018/2019 cohort for the Lakehead HBSW program, and I got my acceptance letter on March 28th, 2018. So hopefully you will hear back around the same time!

Hey Kristine!

I was in the year after (2019-2020) and the first round was around April 4th I believe! We then had until April 16th to accept to which more rounds came out. Some of the cohort were accepted up until the week before classes started, so the waitlist really moves. Good luck!

Edited by sunflower21

1 hour ago, sunflower21 said:

Hey Kristine!

I was in the year after (2019-2020) and the first round was around April 4th I believe! We then had until April 16th to accept to which more rounds came out. Some of the cohort were accepted up until the week before classes started, so the waitlist really moves. Good luck!

It's crazy that the first round of acceptances went out April 4th, that gives students less than 3 months to prepare for the program. Some people really have to uproot their lives including moving cities, finding housing, applying for OSAP/assistance/funding, getting textbooks, terminating their current employment, perhaps finding a new job, finding child care etc. I really think Lakehead needs to change their procedures in order to give students more notice. 

On 2/20/2020 at 8:40 AM, socialworkok said:

Phew - glad to hear I have some company!
I have applied for the September start. How about yourself?

Yes both for September 2020 start. I would think we'll hear back from UVic first because the cut off date to apply at UVic was I think December 1 and WLU the cut off date was Feb 1. I'm checking UVic every few days.

8 minutes ago, VanSW said:

Amazing! Congrats!! Where did you see the decision?

Thank you! I actually got an email which said I had been accepted and then directed me to go to my account under “student records” and then “graduate admissions” to see my offer letter and funding! 

5 hours ago, Ihatethissomuch said:

My guess is that we won’t hear from U of T until next week now...

What are the odds guys that the last 378423 years they've found out this week... 2020 is the year of patience I suppose!!!! I hope everyone is able to enjoy a bit of down time this weekend before we go back to our refreshing on Monday! 

1 hour ago, msw_is_stressful said:

What are the odds guys that the last 378423 years they've found out this week... 2020 is the year of patience I suppose!!!! I hope everyone is able to enjoy a bit of down time this weekend before we go back to our refreshing on Monday! 

Bold of you to assume I won't be serial refreshing over the weekend though I know it won't be business hours ?

On 2/20/2020 at 2:42 PM, jberma01 said:

Hi! I know you posted this about a week ago... but now I'm getting curious! How did you hear back? Email, egas, mail?? I was asked to send in a more official transcript about a week ago and my egas has said "in process" since Feb 12th. Do we think this is good news? neutral news? 

Has anyone heard back from Windsor non-BSW??

Hey! I got an email and then saw the official letter on egas. I was asked to resend my transcript as well and from then it took about 3 weeks to find out.

I would say it's good news :) so hang in there!!! I wish you all the best. Let me know once you hear back.

5 hours ago, Roo15 said:

Hey! I got an email and then saw the official letter on egas. I was asked to resend my transcript as well and from then it took about 3 weeks to find out.

I would say it's good news :) so hang in there!!! I wish you all the best. Let me know once you hear back.

Whew ok!!! Thank you so much :) :)