Canada MSW 2020

rolearly34

1 hour ago, SocialWorkWaitingGame said:

Haven't heard anything yet. It is a bit later this year.. maybe today will be the day!

I just checked my mail box and got a letter stating "The MSW Admissions Committee is pleased to notify you that it has recommended acceptance of your application to the Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies." ?

So, check your mail box! If you don't have anything yet, word should be coming very soon!

1 hour ago, Msw94 said:

I was accepted to the Dal BSW entry program yesterday! Hopefully it comes soon! 

25 minutes ago, JessiMSW said:

I just checked my mail box and got a letter stating "The MSW Admissions Committee is pleased to notify you that it has recommended acceptance of your application to the Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies." ?

So, check your mail box! If you don't have anything yet, word should be coming very soon!

OMG no way!!!! What were your stats like?? And did anything change on your Dal application portal?

24 minutes ago, JessiMSW said:

Congrats!!! I don't have access to my mailbox (used my parent's address as mine isn't permanent, and my parents aren't home for a while..). Do they also update it online???

7 minutes ago, jberma01 said:

Congrats!!! I don't have access to my mailbox (used my parent's address as mine isn't permanent, and my parents aren't home for a while..). Do they also update it online???

Nothing has updated online! It still says "written notification to follow." 

11 minutes ago, SocialWorkWaitingGame said:

Did they provide any indicators of whether or not they would be giving financial aid?

Nothing on this letter, but perhaps on the official acceptance from the registrar. 

OMG no way!!!! What were your stats like?? And did anything change on your Dal application portal?

I also don’t have access to my mailbox, but my portal changed to “accepted - deposit requested” 

4 hours ago, SocialWorkWaitingGame said:

I got accepted into the Dalhousie University MSW (non-BSW) program!!!!! I am so, so very excited to get started. A dream come true (:

4 hours ago, londonvisa said:

Congratulations! I’m still in this waiting game...

Congrats!! I'm also still waiting... was your portal updated with your acceptance just today?? I'm wondering if they're doing acceptances in waves, or if they sent all the acceptances out at once and now we're just waiting for waitlist or decline... :( 

On 2/12/2020 at 12:16 PM, jberma01 said:

For the non-BSW Fall 2020 entry?? I don't expect to hear from them for a while... why, have you heard??

Hey! You should be hearing back from Windsor for their non-BSW Fall 2020 entry soon. I heard back a few days ago :) Good luck!!

Edited by Roo15

38 minutes ago, jberma01 said:

Congrats!! I'm also still waiting... was your portal updated with your acceptance just today?? I'm wondering if they're doing acceptances in waves, or if they sent all the acceptances out at once and now we're just waiting for waitlist or decline... :( 

Depending on where you live it could just be a difference in delivery times of the letters. I'm on PEI, so I heard back pretty fast! My letter was dated Feb 7th. 

Edited by jmessws

51 minutes ago, jberma01 said:

Yes my portal updated today. I'm also on the east coast so the letter wouldn't have too far to go! Any time now (:

2 hours ago, jmessws said:

Depending on where you live it could just be a difference in delivery times of the letters. I'm on PEI, so I heard back pretty fast! My letter was dated Feb 7th. 

Yes my portal updated today. I'm also on the east coast so the letter wouldn't have too far to go! Any time now (:

I'm in Ontario! So this eases my anxiety a little bit...

Thanks for your support!! And congrats to you both again, so exciting!! :) Is dal the only school you applied to/ is it your first choice??