Canada MSW 2020

rolearly34

3 minutes ago, msw_is_stressful said:

It takes up all of my brain capacity just thinking about it! It's brutal omg... I can't focus on anything! 

Omg same with me....clearly I can't even focus on my spelling because I typed "inpatient" instead of "Impatient"

22 minutes ago, hopes2020 said:

Has anyone called Angela?

I was wondering if this would be useful since her name has been all over previous year's forums! I honestly might if by the end of this week we hear nothing just so I have a better understanding of the time frame and what to expect! 

Hey all! Just thought I’d pop in to give some U of T applicants some info (I’m about to graduate from the 2 year MSW program at U of T). Unfortunately, acceptances for U of T don’t go out until the last week of March. Sometimes, your status on ACORN will change to invited before your letter arrives in the mail (that happened to me). 

6 minutes ago, hannahdaviidson said:

Hey all! Just thought I’d pop in to give some U of T applicants some info (I’m about to graduate from the 2 year MSW program at U of T). Unfortunately, acceptances for U of T don’t go out until the last week of March. Sometimes, your status on ACORN will change to invited before your letter arrives in the mail (that happened to me). 

End of March is for the 2 year applicants. Advanced standing applicants hear back earlier. 

2 minutes ago, Ihatethissomuch said:

End of March is for the 2 year applicants. Advanced standing applicants hear back earlier. 

My year, everyone heard at the same time. I’m glad to hear that some people won’t have to wait as long anymore though! Good luck all :) 

1 hour ago, ShannonKK said:

For anyone in the Carleton waiting game, I received today an email advising I was accepted to the 2 year MSW program. As they mentioned all admits/declines will be released by Feb 29 but just thought I'd share incase :)

Best of Luck to you all!

Congrats on your acceptance!! :) It's nice Carleton has a quick turn around time in comparison to some of the other schools. 

On 11/23/2019 at 6:55 PM, KKAUR154 said:

Hey!

I applied for Laurier May 2020 ( 2 year stream) and called the school to figure out when admissions decisions go out. I was told that decisions will be released February 2020. I figured I'd post that here in case anyone is curious! The adviser also stated that they do NOT provide feedback on applications. 

Fingers Crossed!

Did you end up getting an answer yet?

I totally empathize with how awful waiting can be. I applied the last two years to graduate programs where the applications were due December/January and you didn't find out until May. It was so hard, especially the second and third (this) year! 

What got me through was a couple of things. First schedule something in the coming weeks that you can look forward to. That way, if you get good news you have something to celebrate with. If you get not so good news, it'll be something to cheer you up. Or if you still haven't heard back it'll be a good way to distract yourself!

Also, and I know this is easier said than done, limit yourself to how many times you spend checking these forums and your email/application portal. I found that on days that I was constantly checking it made it even more difficult and that I became obsessive at times. It was really bad for my mental health.

I know these suggestions won't necessarily be universally helpful, but I found that they helped me get through the waiting process. 

Good luck to all of you and I hope you get the good news you've been waiting for! 

Also, here's a cute picture of a dog named Pippa that I found on the internet to hopefully put a bit of a smile on your guys' faces! 

cute-wholesome-dog-puppy-memes-275-590985f418070__700.jpg

Edited by jmessws