Canada MSW 2020

rolearly34

2 hours ago, Ihatethissomuch said:

They may have changed the system. Or it may not be the exact same time as last year. But judging by the lack of posts, it seems like no ones status has changed 

I have been wondering that myself today! I'm hoping that we will find out ASAP so the wait can be over!! Hoping everyone is able to take some time to rest and relax this evening the best that they can :) I'm sure we will all be in touch tomorrow! 

2 hours ago, jberma01 said:

Such is life!

I also applied to Western, Laurier, and Windsor (non-BSW)!

I admire you for being so driven and applying to so many schools! I found the application process so mentally challenging and exhausting so congratulations on applying to four. I am hoping you will receive good news from one of the three schools left! 

6 hours ago, DalGrad said:

I'm not very tech savvy LOL 

How do I access ACORN? I've been reading through past threads about the coveted 'invited' notice

Hi DalGrad! We received instructions to create an ACORN account via email after submitting the application! I've attached a screenshot of mine so hopefully you'll be able to find it in your email, mine was sent on December 11th! It includes instructions on how to login/set up your account, they just aren't shown in the picture. If you have any questions feel free to DM me! I'm hoping that we will still be able to see on ACORN if we got accepted or not, I really don't want to have to wait for a letter in the mail!!!!!!!!! 

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 3.19.09 PM.png

1 hour ago, SOCIALWERK2020 said:

Any advanced standing applicants hear anything yet?? I’ve been obsessively refreshing the UofT, York, and Waterloo sites all day!

I have been refreshing all day as well but haven't heard anything, although I've just been refreshing UofT :) I am really hoping we hear back this week, I think I got way too ahead of myself after looking at all of the previous year's forums to try and guess when we'll get the news! 

On 2/17/2020 at 8:17 PM, ShannonKK said:

has anyone's application status changed on carleton central from review in progress by department? for the 2 year program...

I applied to Advanced Standing and mine also still says "review on progress" and "preliminary review required" since I submitted.

On 2/18/2020 at 10:21 AM, socialworkok said:

Hi All,
Exciting to see admission letters start to come through - congrats to everyone who has been accepted!!

I have applied to UBC, Uvic (advanced standing/distance), and Laurier (advanced standing/distance).
Wondering if anyone knows when we should expect to hear back from these school? ...so I can get a better sense of how ridiculous my constant refreshing is at this juncture :)

Thank you!

I also applied to UVic (advanced standing/distance) and Laurier (advanced standing/distance), both for September 2020. You're not alone in your constant refreshing. Is your Laurier for May or Sept start?

21 hours ago, SOCIALWERK2020 said:

Any advanced standing applicants hear anything yet?? I’ve been obsessively refreshing the UofT, York, and Waterloo sites all day!

Not sure about the others, but I know Waterloo acceptances go out in mid-March every year - you've got some waiting to do still! 

13 minutes ago, spookyszn said:

Not sure about the others, but I know Waterloo acceptances go out in mid-March every year - you've got some waiting to do still! 

Ahh okay! I only know that last year I heard back from u of t around this time.... honestly the wait wasn’t bothering me until about last week!

10 hours ago, socialworkandcoffee said:

I also applied to UVic (advanced standing/distance) and Laurier (advanced standing/distance), both for September 2020. You're not alone in your constant refreshing. Is your Laurier for May or Sept start?

Phew - glad to hear I have some company!
I have applied for the September start. How about yourself?

On 2/13/2020 at 2:02 PM, Roo15 said:

Hey! You should be hearing back from Windsor for their non-BSW Fall 2020 entry soon. I heard back a few days ago :) Good luck!!

Hi! I know you posted this about a week ago... but now I'm getting curious! How did you hear back? Email, egas, mail?? I was asked to send in a more official transcript about a week ago and my egas has said "in process" since Feb 12th. Do we think this is good news? neutral news? 

Has anyone heard back from Windsor non-BSW??