Canada MSW 2020

rolearly34

11 minutes ago, Liana_MSW said:

Just got my rejection email from Western :( waiting to see on the other two but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe next year!

Does it also show on the Western Student Centre?

I also got my rejection from Western today (2 year program)! It was my first time applying so I'm not too surprised. I'll be doing a fast track SSW diploma instead and applying again next year!

12 minutes ago, cmornin said:

I also got my rejection from Western today (2 year program)! It was my first time applying so I'm not too surprised. I'll be doing a fast track SSW diploma instead and applying again next year!

Did you apply anywhere else for MSW?? Also did you apply straight from undergrad or took some time off?

26 minutes ago, olivolia said:

Did you apply anywhere else for MSW?? Also did you apply straight from undergrad or took some time off?

I only applied at Kings because my husband is going to school in London and moving isn't an option until Sept 2021! I took one year off from school after getting my BA in psychology (graduated in 2019, applied for this year).

15 hours ago, cmornin said:

I did the fast track SSW program at Fanshawe after my undergrad because I also didn't get in the first time. The program is insanely hard and they don't allow you to have a job during it and they like to fail a lot of people out of the progrM. I would say only half of the people who started ended up graduating. I also applied to kings MSW again after the SSW program and still didn't get in. They said it basically didn't count because it's a college program so it doesn't boost your grades, it only gets you more time in the field (practicum).

18 hours ago, HopefulandCurious said:

Interesting that September people are hearing back sooner than May people..... 

That is interesting. I currently work at a non-profit on contract which for me only works for a September start. 

2 minutes ago, olivolia said:

And I just got my email from Western.. not accepted. Just waiting on Laurier here but suddenly lost all hope. 

Don’t give up hope! It’s not the end of the world, there are lots of opportunities out there, keep working hard. 

14 minutes ago, JennaMS said:

Don’t give up hope! It’s not the end of the world, there are lots of opportunities out there, keep working hard. 

Ahh I know! It’s my first year applying so I kind of expected it. I was hoping to at least get on the wait list though! 

1 hour ago, Wgsttomsw said:

I did the fast track SSW program at Fanshawe after my undergrad because I also didn't get in the first time. The program is insanely hard and they don't allow you to have a job during it and they like to fail a lot of people out of the progrM. I would say only half of the people who started ended up graduating. I also applied to kings MSW again after the SSW program and still didn't get in. They said it basically didn't count because it's a college program so it doesn't boost your grades, it only gets you more time in the field (practicum).

Thank you for letting me know!! I'll keep that in mind when I start the program. I'm not planning to do it to boost my grades, just to gain experience and to hopefully help me get a job in the field if it takes me a while to get into an MSW program (I'm working in childcare at the moment and it is awful). 

What did you do after the SSW program, if you don't mind me asking? I've thought about a BSW so that I can apply to the advanced standing MSW programs but I'm not sure exactly what I want to do! 

10 minutes ago, olivolia said:

Ahh I know! It’s my first year applying so I kind of expected it. I was hoping to at least get on the wait list though! 

I just got my rejection too. 3rd year applying. Keep trying, keep working. 

6 minutes ago, olivolia said:

Ah sorry to hear! :( did you apply anywhere else??

Laurier! My first year I applied to 4, but my last 2 years just Laurier and Kings/Western.