12 hours ago, heseemstome said:

Hello everyone! I got an invitation to visit/interview at Yale and an acceptance to UMich today! If you applied to those places, I hope you all hear back soon! 

Holy crap! That's awesome, congrats! I'm waiting on UMich for the bridge MA... good to know they're starting to make decisions, but also horrifying that it could be coming so soon! Did you have an interview with them first?

In regards to the Michigan program, from what I have heard, they do not interview. They have a welcome event for all the students who accept around March. I know they do not interview for the PhD, but I am not so sure about the Bridge MA, but I would assume it is the same. Good luck to everyone!

2 hours ago, santudius fusansus said:

Congratulations for Yale and UCSB interviews and UMich admissions! I didn’t apply to these...Still anxious waiting emails. Anyone has heard anything from Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Princeton, Harvard?

Haven't heard anything from Chicago, Princeton, or Harvard yet. I'm also still waiting on University of Washington and Brown if anyone else applied there as well.

11 hours ago, trajanicolumn said:

Holy crap! That's awesome, congrats! I'm waiting on UMich for the bridge MA... good to know they're starting to make decisions, but also horrifying that it could be coming so soon! Did you have an interview with them first?

Thank you so much ! I didn't have an interview at UMich, the acceptance email from the DGS just appeared.

2 hours ago, santudius fusansus said:

Congratulations for Yale and UCSB interviews and UMich admissions! I didn’t apply to these...Still anxious waiting emails. Anyone has heard anything from Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Princeton, Harvard?

I'm still waiting on Princeton as well -- seems like last year they took forever!

2 minutes ago, heseemstome said:

Thank you so much ! I didn't have an interview at UMich, the acceptance email from the DGS just appeared.

Congrats! That's amazing. I hope we'll be in the same cohort next year (well I guess not technically the same cohort, but I hope we'll be getting there at the same time lol) -- send good vibes for me!

Edited by trajanicolumn

16 minutes ago, santudius fusansus said:

this week is almost past...my email box is silent...

Same here. I'm feeling pretty anxious. The good news is that based on the results page it seems that results are trickling in very, very slowly, so hope is certainly not lost! Hang in there! 

One of my top choices sent a follow up email, after submitting my application, stating;

“The admissions committee will be meeting in early March to review applications.”

... how am I supposed to be this patient ?. Hope everyone hears back from places soon!

On 1/14/2020 at 9:33 AM, chrissy2020 said:

In regards to the Michigan program, from what I have heard, they do not interview. They have a welcome event for all the students who accept around March. I know they do not interview for the PhD, but I am not so sure about the Bridge MA, but I would assume it is the same. Good luck to everyone!

Michigan does interview for IPGRH! And from what I’ve heard they’ve already selected their pool of interviewees  and will be offering places to two of those who currently have interviews. So good luck to any and all interviewing for the Greek and Latin history program. ?

Hey all! I'm an applicant who's been lurking here the past few days and just wanted to say hi and that I'm dying during this long wait lol. I applied to MA programs at UGA, FSU, UC Boulder, and Tulane. My top choice is either UGA or Tulane (my advisor really wants me to go to UGA, I personally would just like to be in NOLA). I might also apply to Arizona, Oregon, and Washington, but I've only ever lived in Georgia and Florida and honestly would like to keep south. I've received an email from Tulane saying that first admissions offers are released February 21–March 7 for most departments, but that's all I've heard.

3 minutes ago, freemargie said:

Hey all! I'm an applicant who's been lurking here the past few days and just wanted to say hi and that I'm dying during this long wait lol. I applied to MA programs at UGA, FSU, UC Boulder, and Tulane. My top choice is either UGA or Tulane (my advisor really wants me to go to UGA, I personally would just like to be in NOLA). I might also apply to Arizona, Oregon, and Washington, but I've only ever lived in Georgia and Florida and honestly would like to keep south. I've received an email from Tulane saying that first admissions offers are released February 21–March 7 for most departments, but that's all I've heard.

Hey! I also applied to Tulane. I haven't received any emails with specific dates, but when I submitted I got a generic email saying that decisions would be made 3-4 weeks after the deadline, so I guess that matches up. The most recent decision posted on the results page is from a few years back and it was around Feb 27, but I'd be kind of surprised if we heard anything before early March; when I spoke to a prof there, they told me that they usually wait until after Mardi Gras (which is feb 25 this year) to make decisions lol

On 1/17/2020 at 3:24 AM, EarlyNietzsche said:

Michigan does interview for IPGRH! And from what I’ve heard they’ve already selected their pool of interviewees  and will be offering places to two of those who currently have interviews. So good luck to any and all interviewing for the Greek and Latin history program. ?

From what I've heard it seems that the invites have been sent out by the interdepartmental programs (and maybe not by Classics alone, yet). There's still hope!

I received an email from UMich (was notified of my acceptance last Monday) to organize the logistics of travel for the Prospective Students Weekend in February. In the email it was giving instructions for all programs (Bridge MA, PhD Classics, and the interdepartmental tracks for History and Archaeology). Not sure what this means if you haven't heard anything from them yet ? Good luck to everyone!

On 1/14/2020 at 11:33 AM, chrissy2020 said:

PhD Classics at Michigan = no interview. Bridge MA = I'm unsure. IPCAA (Classical arch) = definitely an interview over the visiting weekend. Hope this is useful for others in the thread. 

Hi all 

I've been lurking for a week or so and have decided to say hi and give an update.  I'm currently doing an MPhil in classical lit. in the UK.  I did my undergrad studies in the states and have applied to six PhD programs in N. America: Stanford, Berkeley, Chicago, Toronto, Princeton, North Carolina, Ohio St.  I heard Monday that I've been rejected at Ohio St. and yesterday that I've been waitlisted at Toronto.  Still waiting to hear on the rest.  The Ohio St. message was a short form letter.  Seth Bernard at Toronto, however, informed me of the waitlist decision in a very cordial email.  I still have my fingers crossed for Toronto and am hopeful that I may still get one or two offers from the other programs.  Good luck to you all.

16 hours ago, heseemstome said:

I received an email from UMich (was notified of my acceptance last Monday) to organize the logistics of travel for the Prospective Students Weekend in February. In the email it was giving instructions for all programs (Bridge MA, PhD Classics, and the interdepartmental tracks for History and Archaeology). Not sure what this means if you haven't heard anything from them yet ? Good luck to everyone!

Ah well. Sounds like I won't be at UMich -- no formal rejection yet, but I won't be surprised when it comes. Bummer, but I've sent out a lot of applications so I'm sure I'll end up somewhere. Maybe I'll head to Michigan in a few years for the PhD.

4 hours ago, Compele said:

does anyone have any news from chicago? judging from the forum they seem to have sent acceptance really early in past years but no one has posted anything yet

I haven't heard anything from Chicago yet, anyone else?