MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

5 minutes ago, Zayah said:

Not that I know of. But if you end up calling, can you share what they say?

Yeah so I called UChicago and they transferred me to Theodore Barnes, the Assistant Director of Admissions. I had to leave a voicemail for him. I kind of chickened out and left a very awkward voicemail saying he didn't have to call me back because I'm sure he is very busy. It was not my finest moment hahaha. I was just so flustered that they sent me to someone so high up. I assumed I would be talking to a student worker or something. 

Just now, HannahJoy said:

Yeah so I called UChicago and they transferred me to Theodore Barnes, the Assistant Director of Admissions. I had to leave a voicemail for him. I kind of chickened out and left a very awkward voicemail saying he didn't have to call me back because I'm sure he is very busy. It was not my finest moment hahaha. I was just so flustered that they sent me to someone so high up. I assumed I would be talking to a student worker or something. 

Oh my goodness haha! Well no worries - it may be a small dept, and don't worry. When I reached out to CU several times in Dec, I didn't realize I was emailing the assistant director the entire time! Sometimes those are the only people with access to our admissions decisions, etc.

1 hour ago, Zayah said:

The best thing to do when calling is make sure to give your name and ask for an application status and when a decision will be released to you. If you are asking generically they may just say "March".

Sorry not trying to freak out anyone!!

Hi again!

I submitted my application on November 16th. I just called and asked for an application status and they said “it’s still under review”. :( I’m getting so nervous! Did anyone else apply by priority deadline? 

15 minutes ago, HannahJoy said:

I am SO awkward on the phone asking for decision statuses! I feel your pain. For some reason I have my hopes up to hear something by Friday for early decision applicants. Guess we'll have to wait and see. 

13 minutes ago, cmongradschool said:

Hi again!

I submitted my application on November 16th. I just called and asked for an application status and they said “it’s still under review”. :( I’m getting so nervous! Did anyone else apply by priority deadline? 

I applied 11/7. Ahh do not worry too much! I think they may be behind.. My portal didn't change with my specialization until just a week or two ago. 

Also received an acceptance call from UMich today!! They said they are sending out official letters in the next few weeks and will be notifying students later of financial aid packages--hoping this also means merit based scholarships?? Still good news!! 

Accepted: Boston College, University of Michigan

Applied & Waiting: Berkeley, UNC, IUPUI, UChicago

1 minute ago, gracie18 said:

Also received an acceptance call from UMich today!! They said they are sending out official letters in the next few weeks and will be notifying students later of financial aid packages--hoping this also means merit based scholarships?? Still good news!! 

Congrats!!! ????

Do you mind sharing your stats?

2 minutes ago, gracie18 said:

I am also waiting on IUPUI! Are you from Indy? I am & I'm eager to hear back. Hopeful for solid financial aid. 

Hi y'all!

So I decided to email CU admissions and they got back to me pretty quickly. Here's what they said:

"Thank you for reaching out and please don't freak out. It's not you!
We've had some staffing changes in our Admissions Office... With these missing staffers, our timing for processing applications and getting them out for reviews has been delayed. Please know that we're working diligently to ensure that applications are given a thorough review in a timely fashion, and greatly appreciate our applicants' patience.
I wish I could give you a better answer, but the March timeline is probably most realistic."

1 hour ago, cmongradschool said:

Hi y'all!

So I decided to email CU admissions and they got back to me pretty quickly. Here's what they said:

"Thank you for reaching out and please don't freak out. It's not you!
We've had some staffing changes in our Admissions Office... With these missing staffers, our timing for processing applications and getting them out for reviews has been delayed. Please know that we're working diligently to ensure that applications are given a thorough review in a timely fashion, and greatly appreciate our applicants' patience.
I wish I could give you a better answer, but the March timeline is probably most realistic."

CU admissions?

On 1/14/2020 at 2:43 PM, Zayah said:

SO I definitely feel they are releasing decisions based off some type of criteria. After looking up my file, I was told I would know in the next week or two and typically decisions are released after business hours.

I tried to press for more information (for other candidates), and asked what the time frame in general was for those who applied for ED (Dec 1) . And they said "around march".... But then why would I hear back in the next week or so if I applied for ED as well, but others won't hear back until March? Sorry Y'all I was really trying to get more info for everyone!

And Congrats on UMICH!

What school was this for?

23 hours ago, gracie18 said:

What deadline did you apply to for Mich? I'm wondering when I'll hear back if people are already getting answers! Congrats!

23 hours ago, HannahJoy said:

I am also waiting on IUPUI! Are you from Indy? I am & I'm eager to hear back. Hopeful for solid financial aid. 

Not from Indy, but I do live in Indiana! 

12 minutes ago, Liza123 said:

What deadline did you apply to for Mich? I'm wondering when I'll hear back if people are already getting answers! Congrats!

Thank you! I applied for the Dec 1st deadline! 

1 hour ago, Zayah said:

Has anyone been able to get ahold of UC, to find out when decisions start being released?

I called and asked about Dec 1st applicants.  Essentially, they’re starting to review and would start contacting people around the start of February.  They were very friendly on the phone.

8 minutes ago, CashewGuy said:

I called and asked about Dec 1st applicants.  Essentially, they’re starting to review and would start contacting people around the start of February.  They were very friendly on the phone.

Awesome!

Thank you so much for calling. :)

On 1/9/2020 at 5:33 PM, Zayah said:

UT - Austin also started releasing decisions today. And I have a feeling UC is starting tomorrow!

Hey has anyone else heard from UT? I’m definitely over stressing but I still haven’t heard even though I applied in November!