Harvard Kennedy MPP 2020

shrishti

1 minute ago, justaname said:

Mine disappeared too.

but bububu but! remember the wisdom from hks admission office? "Changes in the status page prior to the release of decisions has no bearing on the final admission decision" (2020 Application Reading and Decision Process - Post #14)

I get that. It was the same with previous years too. I meant they are preparing for the result now and we will hear about it very soon...My heart is bumping quicker than it did when I met my 1st love...

52 minutes ago, KIMAMS said:

I get that. It was the same with previous years too. I meant they are preparing for the result now and we will hear about it very soon...My heart is bumping quicker than it did when I met my 1st love...

Mine has disappeared too! Def dont think it correlates to admissions decisions BUT yes I'm glad its happened because that means we will most likely hear by the end of this week. Happy group stressing yall! 

57 minutes ago, indianIRguy said:

All I know about that prediction is the impeccable analysis of @spnfiim, which has it on 12th. And I don't see any reason for it not to be true

Agreeed! I think Thursday is gonna be the day yall. I've booked myself for a quick weekend trip so whatever the outcome, I can reward myself after this excrutiating week...

1 hour ago, polapp20 said:

Agreeed! I think Thursday is gonna be the day yall. I've booked myself for a quick weekend trip so whatever the outcome, I can reward myself after this excrutiating week...

Same here!! Booked a room in a nearby resort to spend the weekend with family. But don't know if i will survive till then. ? 

UMichigan has already declared results, I guess, but I haven't received any emails so far. SIPA may likely announce today or latest tomorrow. WWS may send unofficial email on Wednesday (11-03-2020), so if we don't receive any email from Princeton on 11/12, that may imply a rejection or wait-listing at best. 

With so much happening in next 4-5 days, survival till weekend deserves celebration. All the best guys!!

Edited by spnfiim

1 hour ago, indianIRguy said:

Where?

Pondicherry!! 

12 minutes ago, spnfiim said:

Same here!! Booked a room in a nearby resort to spend the weekend with family. But don't know if i will survive till then. ? 

UMichigan has already declared results, I guess, but I haven't received any emails so far. SIPA may likely announce today or latest tomorrow. WWS may send unofficial email on Wednesday (11-03-2020), so if we don't receive any email from Princeton on 11/12, that may imply a rejection or wait-listing at best. 

With so much happening in next 4-5 days, survival till weekend deserves celebration. All the best guys!!

Ugh same I’ve been waiting for Columbia. I got accepted in December but I haven’t heard anything about aid. Are you super sure that WWS will most likely release decisions on 11/12 ? Are you basing SIPA’s release date on last year’s result ? 

14 minutes ago, polapp20 said:

Pondicherry!! 

Ugh same I’ve been waiting for Columbia. I got accepted in December but I haven’t heard anything about aid. Are you super sure that WWS will most likely release decisions on 11/12 ? Are you basing SIPA’s release date on last year’s result ? 

Can't be super sure of anything. Just assuming, given previous result dates. For last two years, WWS sends emails one day prior to HKS results which come on Thursday. Putting differently, second Wednesday of March is chosen by WWS for sending unofficial acceptances. This year, it falls on 11 March. 

As regards SIPA, It usually comes on Monday of the week in which WWS/HKS announce their results. But not enough data points to predict. So, 9-10 could be the date. I am sure SIPA wont release results 'along with'/'after' WWS or HKS. It has always come a day or two earlier. So we only have only 9-11 March. 

All guesstimate!! Take this with a pinch of salt. Intention is to keep the thread alive and people hopeful. 

In all likelihood, by the time you go to Pondicherry, you will have received all three results.

Edited by spnfiim

Finishing up my MPP now! Been a crazy experience, but so glad I did it!

Best of luck to ya'll! I sat where you were two years ago. :) 

Based on prior years, those sequential blog posts are pretty indicative of decisions! Please don't take my word for it though...don't need Matt trying to find out who I am. ?

Btw, COVID may shut down classes after Spring Break (which starts next week for us), but I highly doubt it has an impact on the campus functions. The fact that Spring Break starts at the end of this week coupled with the Corona challenge though seems to indicate that ya'll should be hearing by the end of the week for sure. But once again, I'm just a friendly student who doesn't represent admissions in any which way! 

7 hours ago, Damis said:

Based on prior years, those sequential blog posts are pretty indicative of decisions! Please don't take my word for it though...don't need Matt trying to find out who I am. ?

Sorry to clarify-- what do you mean by the blog posts being indicative of decisions? Just of the timing?

2 hours ago, amr2020 said:

Sorry to clarify-- what do you mean by the blog posts being indicative of decisions? Just of the timing?

So HKS usually has a defined timeline for which blog posts go up when. Its sequential. And for the past several years its when the admitted stuents blog post is up a day or two after they have released results. Its not a sure thing but its definitely a pattern and idk why they would deviate this year. 

19 hours ago, spnfiim said:

A friend in SIPA has just informed that college is shut temporarily because of Coronavirus outbreak. 

SIPA Admissions team working hard to meet the deadlines of decision release. Kudos to them and all other universities as well which are working arduously, despite the global outbreak of COVID-19. SIPA has written back as follows-

Thank you for your message. When a decision has been made, your application portal will reflect the decision. You should expect to hear back by mid-March.

On 2/13/2020 at 1:20 PM, spnfiim said:

image.thumb.png.091bfd75afd13116122f17de5221474c.png

See how good predictor HKS blog-posts are!! 2019 fall saw the same sequence- not admitted, waitlisted, way to notify and then admitted- Just a day before final decisions.. 

We are on the same path again.. Although I haven’t updated this sheet afterwards but I track it occasionally to know that we are right on track!! So far, it seems 12th it is.. 

2 minutes ago, novelpegasus said:

Hey guys I am new! First launching. Does anyone know somehow why we didn't get an email notification as we usually do for the Blog Update 17 that 's just released earlier today? 

I only seem to get an email notification for about half of the blog posts. Not sure why!