Harvard Kennedy MPP 2020

shrishti

Just got to know my Columbia result. I am in with generous FinAid and an additional option of TA position (contingent) in second year!! Thrilled!!  

And to average out this excitement, WWS has rejected me.. :)

BTW, I am posting the 400th post on this thread.. 

Edited by spnfiim

WoW, Congratulations ! Did you express your interest in RA/TA position in your SoP or with some professor or did they grant it you by themselves? 

5 minutes ago, ab1987 said:

WoW, Congratulations ! Did you express your interest in RA/TA position in your SoP or with some professor or did they grant it you by themselves? 

No. It came on its own with the offer. 

49 minutes ago, spnfiim said:

Just got to know my Columbia result. I am in with generous FinAid and an additional option of TA position (contingent) in second year!! Thrilled!!  

We are in a similar boat it seems. ? I am waiting for Harvard, but otherwise with the aid and fellowship Columbia has offered - I would be heading to NYC this year!

2 hours ago, spnfiim said:

So happy for you!! Congratulations! In the same boat as you. Accepted at Columbia with aid. Rejected at WWS :( BUT rn Duke is the front runner for me in my options unless I miraculously get Harvard. 

Hi guys, congratulations for all the good news...hope none of you will go to those schools as HKS opens its doors...

Is it that if the blog is not updated at 8am-ish, then it will be done at 1pm-ish after the decisions come out is it? So, if there's a post in the morning, we can go to sleep at night (here in India) in peace....

2 hours ago, indianIRguy said:

Hi guys, congratulations for all the good news...hope none of you will go to those schools as HKS opens its doors...

Is it that if the blog is not updated at 8am-ish, then it will be done at 1pm-ish after the decisions come out is it? So, if there's a post in the morning, we can go to sleep at night (here in India) in peace....

No blog post thus far... this might be a promising sign? 

Since I have no idea what they did the previous years, will they literally post in a blogpost when they release the decision?

Just now, galaxymega said:

Since I have no idea what they did the previous years, will they literally post in a blogpost when they release the decision?

No, What they usually do is to declare in a blog post that the decisions have been released, after they notify us. . That happens at roughly 1pm.

But their routine posting time is at 8 am. So if they do not post in another one hour, then it means we will see a post at 1pm EST. And by that time, we will have faced the trauma...

On 3/13/2020 at 11:58 AM, CoronaTime said:

Hey folks, 

As we anxiously wait for until next week for decisions to roll out, can we talk about the potential recursions of this pandemic in terms of your graduate school plans? More specifically, is anyone seriously considering staying put (if that's an option) at their current job/profession for at least another year because of the Covid-19 scare? I'm a full time teacher and I can easily just come back to my school for another year and continue my work. I understand some of you may not have an alternative plan other than graduate school, but for me, I'm actually already very nervous about this pandemic. If the entire summer ends up getting disrupted I don't know if I will be mentally ready to start grad school in the fall, even if this pendemic subsides considerably by then. If the economy continues to fall at this rapid pace and millions of lives are either temporarily or permanently disrupted, I wonder if our commitments to grad school are going to look silly even before we start in the fall. What are y'all's thoughts on this? 

I am much less "seriously staying put" than "seriously considering waiting to pursue my MPP because I have more financially beneficial engineering master's offers since my current job is reliant on the wellbeing of the economy that just crashed because of coronavirus" :( 

Edited by rec1use

23 hours ago, spnfiim said:

Congratulations !!!!!!

7 minutes ago, amaka26 said:

Waiting for an analysis on what this blog post means!

Meetings regards applications, I guess, were over long ago. And Matt ran the results through his proprietary spreadsheets almost 10 days ago...Now I guess they would require meetings only to test the system and discuss dry runs...But all this wannabe analysis aside, I see them coming on Thursday...  

33 minutes ago, Stonecold07 said:

It means Corona or no Corona, the Admissions Committee at Harvard deserves an appreciation. I am happy to wait if they keep us in loop like this. Thanks guys you rock ?

I don't think this will help your application ?
All kidding aside, I definitely agree. For some weird reason being home in a Corona-quarantine has calmed my nerves and far less anxious about this process than I was least week. Maybe there is a silver lining to the outbreak - at least it gives some perspective on what things in life are worth stressing about.
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy, and following all official guidances!

Meetings regards applications, I guess, were over long ago. And Matt ran the results through his proprietary spreadsheets almost 10 days ago...Now I guess they would require meetings only to test the system and discuss dry runs...But all this wannabe analysis aside, I see them coming on Thursday...  

Yup -- I have gotten the sense from the blog posts that recent events have thrown their processes out of whack, and they're doing their best to adjust and make sure releasing decisions won't be a sh*tshow. They wouldn't needlessly be stringing things along. Fingers crossed for Thursday as well ?:)