Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

12 minutes ago, Amucu said:

How long have you all found that people usually hold offers for? I’m a first alternate for a program and the first choice has been holding the offer for 3 weeks now. 

This honestly varies for a few different reasons. 1) Does the student have another interview? 2) are they waiting on funding from the program? 3) do they hope to see campus prior to making a decision? I know I personally have held onto an offer because I want to see the campus prior to making a decision. The etiquette is to only hold one offer at a time. So as people get more than one they will begin to chose and release offers. Most/all interviews should be over by Mid March so I would expect to see something around then! Keep your head up! 

46 minutes ago, seahorse_671 said:

I have not heard back from HPCS post-interview, either. Wasn't sure whether to take the person's post from yesterday to mean I was rejected... Did you receive the e-mail last week about their funding holding things up? 

Yes!! That's part of why I'm skeptical of the post haha. My PI also told me not to expect to hear from them until March, so I was just kinda chilling until I saw that post lol

I had a preliminary interview at SHSU back in December and never heard anything beyond that. I emailed the POI several times for feedback and also didnt hear anything. I am wondering how common this is and if typically applicants recieve feedback from POI especially after meeting?

58 minutes ago, stressednsleepdeprived said:

This honestly varies for a few different reasons. 1) Does the student have another interview? 2) are they waiting on funding from the program? 3) do they hope to see campus prior to making a decision? I know I personally have held onto an offer because I want to see the campus prior to making a decision. The etiquette is to only hold one offer at a time. So as people get more than one they will begin to chose and release offers. Most/all interviews should be over by Mid March so I would expect to see something around then! Keep your head up! 

Thank you so much!!!

Edited by Amucu

1 hour ago, stressednsleepdeprived said:

Just to add to this it can be later if the first offer is waiting on another program that they themselves are waitlisted for, so don't panic if things still aren't smoothed out by Mid March! Wishing you luck!

To those that received unofficial offers from UCSD/SDSU, has anyone received an official offer yet? Stressing as they said the official should've been sent sometime this week and wondering how likely it is to have that fall through for some reason 

My understanding is that we won't get official letters from UCSD/SDSU until we accept their offer. I received an offer from a PI in the BMed track, and they've already been in touch via email about stipend amounts, potential scholarships that might be good fits for me, etc. So if you're waiting on that information, I'd say you can definitely reach out to your PI to initiate those conversations now.

19 hours ago, willow_15 said:

Yes!! That's part of why I'm skeptical of the post haha. My PI also told me not to expect to hear from them until March, so I was just kinda chilling until I saw that post lol

I also received that email and have not heard back post-interview. Had been in semi-frequent contact with my PI prior, so I'm hoping that if they've extended offers/made waitlist determinations, they'd at least let us know lol. 

31 minutes ago, ClinicalPsychHopeful24 said:

My understanding is that we won't get official letters from UCSD/SDSU until we accept their offer. I received an offer from a PI in the BMed track, and they've already been in touch via email about stipend amounts, potential scholarships that might be good fits for me, etc. So if you're waiting on that information, I'd say you can definitely reach out to your PI to initiate those conversations now.

Thank you!! I accepted the offer and was told I'd be receiving the rest of the information by end of this week, but hadn't heard and am getting a little nervous. I just emailed to follow-up, thanks for the advice!

2 hours ago, Psych4321 said:

Does anyone know what to reply to a waitlist email directly from a PI? I feel like I have to say something to indicate that I am still interested

I would say that you do not have to respond, but it may be nice to simply reply with something along the lines of, "Thank you for the update! I continue to be interested in attending SCHOOL/PROGRAM and look forward to hearing more from you in the near future."

4 minutes ago, clinpsychgradschool said:

Also wondering this! Did you apply to adult or child track? I saw someone post about hearing from the DCT with a child track faculty member on the results page.

I applied to the adult track. I think they said if we don't hear back today, there's a decent chance we were selected as alternates?

Just now, djJazzyJeff said:

I applied to the adult track. I think they said if we don't hear back today, there's a decent chance we were selected as alternates?

I think so. But the DCT also seemed unclear on when the adult track team was meeting to discuss offers. Did your POI also give you the end of the week timeline? Mine said they were not sure what the timeline was.

3 minutes ago, clinpsychgradschool said:

I think so. But the DCT also seemed unclear on when the adult track team was meeting to discuss offers. Did your POI also give you the end of the week timeline? Mine said they were not sure what the timeline was.

No, my POI didn't mention anything. I've been refreshing my email like crazy, but if the adult track team did have trouble meeting maybe they won't even send out anything today. 

I was waitlisted on the Counseling Psychology PhD in UND (university of North Dakota). Does anyone know how their waitlist work or what is the chance of getting in? I’m so nervous as this is the only school I heard back for this cycle. The school website doesn’t include any data for students admission. The email they sent me said they don’t rank applicants, it keeps me worried about my chances. Any comments would help! Thank you!