MPH 2021 Canada

18 minutes ago, marieabc said:

Has anyone heard from UofA Health promo? I've been "under review" since the end of January

I’ve been in pre-screening for health promotion since I submitted my application. 

Hey guys! This is kind of a specific question but are there any past/current MPH Epi students at UofT here that could tell me about types of funding available? I know there's OGS but it only covers 2-3 terms and apparently you don't receive the full amount. I'm not sure how it works but if anyone else does, please let me know! I'm relying on/hoping for scholarships because otherwise there seems to be 0 funding, unlike in MSc programs ? Thanks!

21 hours ago, zarattac said:

Congrats to everyone who got in at Waterloo!

Would one of you mind letting me know when your deadline to respond to the offer is? I’m going insane as I haven’t heard back from any school yet ?

April 22

17 minutes ago, missneuro said:

Hey guys! This is kind of a specific question but are there any past/current MPH Epi students at UofT here that could tell me about types of funding available? I know there's OGS but it only covers 2-3 terms and apparently you don't receive the full amount. I'm not sure how it works but if anyone else does, please let me know! I'm relying on/hoping for scholarships because otherwise there seems to be 0 funding, unlike in MSc programs ? Thanks!

You can get the free trial of LinkedIn premium, and talk to current DLSPH students directly there. Premium allows you to search students and alumni based on specific school’s and programs (ex, UofT MPH Epi!). I’ve spoken to about 40 students and working professionals during my research of different MPH programs. It’s been incredibly helpful. Alternatively, the program director might be able to give you more info - especially if you’ve been accepted. They are paid to answer your questions :) 

56 minutes ago, marieabc said:

Has anyone heard from UofA Health promo? I've been "under review" since the end of January

I got an offer on March 24th and had to respond by the 31st. I thought all of the acceptances had already gone out, due to a couple people posting their acceptances on the forum a few weeks prior to my acceptance, but I was pleasantly surprised! Best of luck to you - hope you hear soon. 

8 hours ago, allydaagator said:

An update on Lakehead- Someone posted on the Lakehead Reddit that they got a rejection letter last week. It seems Lakehead is starting to make their move. 

How long ago did they post that? I can't seem to find the post. 

Does anyone know if UofT Health Promo keeps a waitlist at all? I saw that a batch of responses came out this week, but currently still sitting at "under review"...

1 minute ago, wxr said:

Does anyone know if UofT Health Promo keeps a waitlist at all? I saw that a batch of responses came out this week, but currently still sitting at "under review"...

Same! I'm pretty sure it means we're wait listed.  From reading the 2020 forum, I saw that a lot of people who hadn't gotten an acceptance or rejection after the first round heard back the first week of May. Assuming this will be the case for those of us who didn't get accepted or rejected this week.

Just now, mph128 said:

Same! I'm pretty sure it means we're wait listed.  From reading the 2020 forum, I saw that a lot of people who hadn't gotten an acceptance or rejection after the first round heard back the first week of May. Assuming this will be the case for those of us who didn't get accepted or rejected this week.

Thanks for sharing! But wow, what a long wait... I wish they could at least update our statuses instead of leaving us in limbo lol

6 minutes ago, zarattac said:

Anyone still waiting on Waterloo: Michelle said we should hear back in the next week. ??‍♀️

I LOVE TO SEE IT (im just nervous cause in last year's forum people were waiting until like June - why should we trust them this year?) Like she told me "in the next week" two weeks ago

Edited by GingerDwight

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any thoughts on UofT (health promo) versus the Msc in Public Health at LSHTM? I was accepted to both and they were my two top choices (I wasn't expecting to get into both). Now I'm a bit conflicted. I'm very interested in global public health and have been leaning towards LSHTM, especially because its international reputation is pretty much unmatched in terms of public health. Although UofT seems like a great program as well, and is less expensive (although it's two years rather than one). Would love to know anyone's thoughts between the two schools/programs!

Edited by gsci99

On 4/8/2021 at 1:57 PM, BoxingAndMPH said:

Yeah I heard mixed reviews about Dalla Lana as well.

Such a good school but some mutual friends aren't in love with their culture.

What have they said about the culture

On 4/8/2021 at 1:54 PM, GingerDwight said:

Honestly, I'm from downtown Toronto, I've gone to many public lectures within Dalla Lana and it's great, don't get me wrong, but I don't love the environment. I have a few family friends that are professors in the department and they're awesome people and have given me so many opportunities esp with Toronto Public Health, but I much prefer McMaster's environment. This is 100% my opinion based on my own experiences. I've also stayed intentionally away from Dalla Lana in terms of applying because of my personal connections - I don't want to go into detail but I basically would almost certainly not get in because of these connections. 

On 4/8/2021 at 1:57 PM, BoxingAndMPH said:

Yeah I heard mixed reviews about Dalla Lana as well.

Such a good school but some mutual friends aren't in love with their culture.

What would you say is wrong with the culture?

13 minutes ago, mphhhh said:

What have they said about the culture

What would you say is wrong with the culture?

I personally don't know, its just opinions from mutual friends in the program.