Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

On 8/10/2021 at 2:50 PM, Wandering-Nomad said:

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist from Lauriers 2 Year MSW program? Do you think there is hope we will hear soon?

I got a call from Laurier a couple weeks ago to "confirm my contact information" as they had reached out but didn't hear from me (they hadn't). When I asked them for more information they just said they would be reaching out within the next month with offers. Super weird

That is seriously so strange... Well keep us posted- honestly though I feel if we don't hear this week then we should start looking for other things. Still hopeful, but I am also okay whatever the outcome may be ?

8 hours ago, alexwpley said:

I got a call from Laurier a couple weeks ago to "confirm my contact information" as they had reached out but didn't hear from me (they hadn't). When I asked them for more information they just said they would be reaching out within the next month with offers. Super weird

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone going into the MSWwp at UWindsor - has anyone noticed the working professionals program is now strictly online? I’m feeling mixed about it! On one hand I was excited about going back on campus for school, but on the other the convenience is nice. When I applied, it wasn’t known as an online program! But the fulltime MSW programs are on campus. I wished we had an option to pick! 

Edited by SocialWerkIt

On 8/25/2021 at 10:58 AM, SocialWerkIt said:

Anyone going into the MSWwp at UWindsor - has anyone noticed the working professionals program is now strictly online? I’m feeling mixed about it! On one hand I was excited about going back on campus for school, but on the other the convenience is nice. When I applied, it wasn’t known as an online program! But the fulltime MSW programs are on campus. I wished we had an option to pick! 

I have an application "in process" still. I am getting anxious because I have not received a response yet. I applied 7 weeks ago.  

I am so glad it is online! But I think I would have done better in person.  Online is just a bit more convenient. 

When did you get accepted?

12 hours ago, M.grad said:

I have an application "in process" still. I am getting anxious because I have not received a response yet. I applied 7 weeks ago.  

I am so glad it is online! But I think I would have done better in person.  Online is just a bit more convenient. 

When did you get accepted?

I applied end of March and i got accepted in May for the September 2021 start. I got an email asking if I would apply for winter 2022 instead so I agreed and I was given admission! 

On 8/27/2021 at 11:59 PM, SocialWerkIt said:

I applied end of March and i got accepted in May for the September 2021 start. I got an email asking if I would apply for winter 2022 instead so I agreed and I was given admission! 

Oh thats interesting. I applied early July for January 2022. I would even be happy with offered a later start if thats what happens. 

I am just so sick of checking my email 20 times a day. I'm hoping to hear soon!

On 8/25/2021 at 10:58 AM, SocialWerkIt said:

I am going to Windsor for the 2 year full time msw program and to my knowledge the first semester is all online.

Hi!

I applied to the MSW 2 year at UofT last year, and got wait-listed for this Sept.. I want to reapply to UofT and possibly some other schools. My issue is I don't have an academic reference. I've been out of school for 7 years and there's no way anyone remembers me lol.. are there any schools that offer a non-bsw program without needing an academic reference? Or any advice on how to apply without an academic reference? Thanks so much! 

15 hours ago, ktr said:

Hi!

I applied to the MSW 2 year at UofT last year, and got wait-listed for this Sept.. I want to reapply to UofT and possibly some other schools. My issue is I don't have an academic reference. I've been out of school for 7 years and there's no way anyone remembers me lol.. are there any schools that offer a non-bsw program without needing an academic reference? Or any advice on how to apply without an academic reference? Thanks so much! 

You should be able to use another professional reference. I have contacted some schools about this and they are willing to accept a professional reference if you havent been in school a while.  Maybe just reach out to specific ones to confirm.  

On 8/30/2021 at 11:03 AM, M.grad said:

You should be able to use another professional reference. I have contacted some schools about this and they are willing to accept a professional reference if you havent been in school a while.  Maybe just reach out to specific ones to confirm.  

That's smart..I never thought of calling schools. Thanks so much for the advice! 

On 8/29/2021 at 9:30 AM, M.grad said:

Oh thats interesting. I applied early July for January 2022. I would even be happy with offered a later start if thats what happens. 

I am just so sick of checking my email 20 times a day. I'm hoping to hear soon!

Sorry I made a mistake in my post. I was actually waitlisted for September 2021, but they offered to have me apply for Winter 2022 instead. I responded asking if I can make adjustments to my application since I started working at a new job but I was told that my application was already reviewed. So I decided against making changes. Shortly after, I was offered admission for Winter 2022. Im not sure how common it is but I also applied very early so that’s possibly why! 

Good luck, you should hear soon. My friend applied right on the deadline for Windsor’s Winter 2022 MSWwp and she was contacted the day after about her transcripts. So hers is already being reviewed! Don’t hesitate to message me when you do get accepted so we can talk about school :) 

Edited by SocialWerkIt
Word vomit

On 9/4/2021 at 4:55 AM, SocialWerkIt said:

Sorry I made a mistake in my post. I was actually waitlisted for September 2021, but they offered to have me apply for Winter 2022 instead. I responded asking if I can make adjustments to my application since I started working at a new job but I was told that my application was already reviewed. So I decided against making changes. Shortly after, I was offered admission for Winter 2022. Im not sure how common it is but I also applied very early so that’s possibly why! 

Good luck, you should hear soon. My friend applied right on the deadline for Windsor’s Winter 2022 MSWwp and she was contacted the day after about her transcripts. So hers is already being reviewed! Don’t hesitate to message me when you do get accepted so we can talk about school :) 

Hi there, I am looking into applying to Windsor's MSWwp. I am curious what your grades/experience were like? Also interested in how many start dates they offer? Is It just fall and winter as far as you know? Or summer too? Thanks in advance for any insight :)