Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

Has anyone tried to apply to the Spring 2022 intake for the part-time online MSW program (non-BSW) at WLU? The website says applications opened up on June 1, deadline is July 15th (August for supplemental docs) but when I tried to apply, the option was "closed". Did they close applications early? I know the website says they have the right close an application window without notice but this is really disappointing--it's only been 3 weeks since it opened?

Hi folks! Long time no chat :) 

After being placed on the waitlist for UofT's two-year program, I received an offer of admission yesterday. Last initial L. My fingers are crossed for each of you as they roll through the waitlist! 

1 hour ago, amesyall said:

After being placed on the waitlist for UofT's two-year program, I received an offer of admission yesterday. Last initial L. My fingers are crossed for each of you as they roll through the waitlist! 

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! This is hopeful. Must feel amazing! I'm still waiting for a spot but i'm glad there are spots opening! ?

Edited by OttaCPsychFall20

Hi Everyone, 

I've applied to the MSW Regular track (2 year) at Windsor (waitlisted in Jan), UofT (rejected), and Laurier (haven't even heard anything back!!). 

My Laurier application still says under consideration, no rejection or acceptance. I haven't even been put on the waitlist. Anyone else got this problem? Also anyone heard from the Windsor waitlist?

On 6/22/2021 at 2:36 AM, AnxiousApplicant21 said:

Hi! 

I called the Laurier MSW admissions office a couple of weeks ago (early June) and they told me that they haven't even started looking at the waitlist. I guess they're still waiting on people to either accept or decline their initial offers?

I haven't even heard anything from Laurier, it literally just says my application is in process. 

18 hours ago, amesyall said:

Hello! Congratulations ? Thank you for sharing- I am on  the waitlist for the two-year program so this gives me hope ahaha. Last initial M.

On 6/22/2021 at 8:58 PM, KayMay said:

Oh wow! So it looks like we might start or potentially start hearing back closer to July or August by the looks of it? Thank you for the updates it has been radio silence on his site and I was starting to lose hope. 

Yea I felt the same way! Im so unsure what the process is like this year. Its hard to determine whether to make plans for long term work or not. The waiting is the worst! Wishing the best outcome tho!

On 6/24/2021 at 5:45 AM, monrad416 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I've applied to the MSW Regular track (2 year) at Windsor (waitlisted in Jan), UofT (rejected), and Laurier (haven't even heard anything back!!). 

My Laurier application still says under consideration, no rejection or acceptance. I haven't even been put on the waitlist. Anyone else got this problem? Also anyone heard from the Windsor waitlist?

Im not even able to see the status of the application on LORIS. I'm not sure if thats just me.

To those accepted to UofT and on the waitlist,

I posted a few months ago, but I will post another. I am currently an MSW student at UofT and just finished my summer courses. Feel free to message me about the program or any burning questions you may have via private message. I would love to share my thoughts and answer any questions. 

On 6/28/2021 at 2:06 PM, Kristybluh said:

To those accepted to UofT and on the waitlist,

I posted a few months ago, but I will post another. I am currently an MSW student at UofT and just finished my summer courses. Feel free to message me about the program or any burning questions you may have via private message. I would love to share my thoughts and answer any questions. 

hey! congrats on getting in and finishing your semester. I'm dying to know how the waitlist works, do you have any info? Also, I know this may be getting ahead but after you finish the program (assuming its the 2 year stream), what are your next steps to register? any exams? And have you done/are you going to do any internships/placements? Have they been easy to secure/do you get help? Thank you in advance! 

13 hours ago, OttaCPsychFall20 said:

hey! congrats on getting in and finishing your semester. I'm dying to know how the waitlist works, do you have any info? Also, I know this may be getting ahead but after you finish the program (assuming its the 2 year stream), what are your next steps to register? any exams? And have you done/are you going to do any internships/placements? Have they been easy to secure/do you get help? Thank you in advance! 

Will send you a DM!

Hi everyone! Congrats on all acceptances! :)

I am finishing up my BSW this year, have my BSc in Psychology, about ~2000 hours in human services work and will have 700 of social work related work from placements. I also have a few other small positions including research assistant. I have an A range GPA, but am nervous about applying for MSWs due to lack of experience (and 0 post-bsw experience!). 

Has anyone been successful with not a whole lot of experience/years in the field!? I am debating on applying right away or waiting until I have experience as a social worker.

Thanks ❤️ 

2 hours ago, HopefulApplicant17 said:

Can I ask what start date you applied for that you are still waiting to hear from?

I haven't seen any waitlist spots open up for Lauriers MSW Sept 2021 in either advanced or 2 year streams

• 2 weeks later...