2021 Applicants Forum

teasel

56 minutes ago, goodcynara said:

Just here to say you are a badass - waitlisted at all of those excellent programs! 

Haha, thank you so much. Actually super grateful for the vote of confidence. I've gotten straight rejections so far this year. And I know my application was stronger this cycle. Just goes to show how hard it is to make predictions about this process!

50 minutes ago, NLake said:

Definitely helpful! Thanks for sharing. I’m sorry to hear about Minnesota - sounds like you were really close. 

I’m really excited about the waitlist I’m on, but I’ve had trouble gauging the popularity of the program, so I’m not sure how likely it is that folx will turn their offers down. I may let them know about my other offer if we get real close to the deadline. It’s going to feel awful accepting an offer with some possibility for my preferred school still lingering out there. I feel like I’ve just got some investigating to do! 

Good luck to you this cycle. Am I correct in remembering that you have an offer or two at this point? I’m real bad with these usernames. 

Glad it's helpful! Yeah, Minnesota was a little brutal, haha. I actually don't have any offers so far this cycle, but I still have five programs to hear back from, so I'm just going to hope...

1 hour ago, King Frock the Second said:

I have made it through February without getting in anywhere, and with nearly all my schools ruled out. Hooray. I suspect I'm about to also make it through March.  

Hey, how are you?

1 hour ago, Ydrl said:

Received a full tuition scholarship

Congrats! So glad to hear. New Hampshire seems like an awesome place to go to school. They're on my "maybe" list for next year.

22 minutes ago, fishfish24 said:

Haha, thank you so much. Actually super grateful for the vote of confidence. I've gotten straight rejections so far this year. And I know my application was stronger this cycle. Just goes to show how hard it is to make predictions about this process!

Wow, so true! Keep the faith!

6 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

Update, I realized that I forgot to submit the second half of my TA application for UNH. They graciously let me send it to them today, so I’ll see if I can get off the TA waiting list.

Nice! They are clearly on your team! Congrats!

3 hours ago, Ydrl said:

Excuse me wtf? I got into U New Hampshire????? WHAT

Friends Excitement GIF - Friends Excitement Jumping GIFs

Yay!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! Are you leaning towards one or the other? Also, YOU. ARE. KILLING. IT!!! Woot woot!! :D

1 hour ago, Ash... said:

I got into Temple for fiction!

Congrats, Ash!!!! Here is how I feel for you:

Yeah - Minions GIF - Minions Happy Excited GIFs

Happy for y'all, and lehgo March. :)

57 minutes ago, fishfish24 said:

Glad it's helpful! Yeah, Minnesota was a little brutal, haha. I actually don't have any offers so far this cycle, but I still have five programs to hear back from, so I'm just going to hope...

Yes, definitely keep hoping. 5 is a lot! Lots of possibilities and you’ve clearly got a strong application. 

6 minutes ago, eternalwhitenights said:

Friends Excitement GIF - Friends Excitement Jumping GIFs

Yay!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! Are you leaning towards one or the other? Also, YOU. ARE. KILLING. IT!!! Woot woot!! :D

Leaning towards New Hampshire, but I really need a TAship to go. Good thing I’m on the waitlist for one.

Wow - so much good news this weekend! Congrats y'all! 

I am officially in purgatory with four of my final five having sent out responses to others in the last few weeks but nothing to me yet (looking at you, Rutgers-Camden, University of Montana, University of New Mexico, and Hollins)! Ugh, the waiting is so brutal! Just put me out of my misery! 

55 minutes ago, Yellow62 said:

Someone on draft got accepted to UW Seattle for poetry yesterday. That makes 2 that have been reported so far. Getting nervous. 

I guess the optimistic angle would be that the first acceptance was like Thursday and then someone got an email yesterday, so maybe they're staggered. I'm sweating waiting for the fiction acceptances to start.

Hey has anyones UVA application status changed? Mine still says "Submitted" and some other people say that theirs says they're under review or something. I've only heard heresay about this so it may not be true, but I didn't know if it was like UMD's "Under Graduate Review" situation where it basically means I've already been nixed. Any info is welcome!

39 minutes ago, panglosian said:

Hey has anyones UVA application status changed? Mine still says "Submitted" and some other people say that theirs says they're under review or something. I've only heard heresay about this so it may not be true, but I didn't know if it was like UMD's "Under Graduate Review" situation where it basically means I've already been nixed. Any info is welcome!

Mine just says “submitted” as well so not sure 

Edited by nottheamazonalexa

1 hour ago, Ydrl said:

Leaning towards New Hampshire, but I really need a TAship to go. Good thing I’m on the waitlist for one.

That's awesome. :) I hope you get it, and the fact that they let you send in the second half of your app today sounds pretty darned positive/they want you to me. :)

Look at you rooooocking it! :D

1 minute ago, orangeslice said:

I just emailed Purdue to see what their eta is. Just can't handle this waiting anymore lol. Will update with the response!

You're my favorite person for doing this. I was just looking at previous decision dates this morning.

1 hour ago, panglosian said:

Mine also just says submitted. Where are you seeing this about the other ones? As a general rule I think that this kind of thing is pretty meaningless, but I totally get the impulse to get at whatever information I can find.