2021 Applicants Forum

teasel

1 hour ago, rcsteel said:

Saw a VCU waitlist on Draft but never saw any acceptances. Maybe they told people to be hush about it. Anyone else hear from them?

I'm sweating, hearing about the Brown acceptance and the VCU waitlist all in one day. If anyone knows anything about whether or not I should still hope for VCU, PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANK YOU

1 minute ago, mrvisser said:

Officially got my Notre Dame rejection finally. I think it's a fair assumption that Iowa and Michener are rejections, so that just leaves UW as a question. Of course it comes down to my beloved Seattle campus in the end.

0a/0w/6r/1p

I'm sorry, love. ❤️ I know you were counting on it. Maybe we'll be cohort buddies next year instead!!! I really, really, really hope Washington comes through for you. Lucky 7, maybe??

My portal hasn't updated with anything yet, no official emails from the grad school either, and I already heard from the grad school coordinator for the English department herself over email that I wasn't in. Jesus is REALLY teaching me patience. (Just to see it officially officially, you know.)  Everybody's all here and in Draft posting rejections and waitlists and I'm like Notre Dame, I know you didn't forget me. Ach.

the office hug GIF by EditingAndLayout

10 minutes ago, panglosian said:

I'm sweating, hearing about the Brown acceptance and the VCU waitlist all in one day. If anyone knows anything about whether or not I should still hope for VCU, PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANK YOU

I heard from VCU on Monday. Not sure if they’re done notifying or not. I have a call with them coming up so I can ask!

1 minute ago, eternalwhitenights said:

I'm sorry, love. ❤️ I know you were counting on it. Maybe we'll be cohort buddies next year instead!!! I really, really, really hope Washington comes through for you. Lucky 7, maybe??

My portal hasn't updated with anything yet, no official emails from the grad school either, and I already heard from the grad school coordinator for the English department herself over email that I wasn't in. Jesus is REALLY teaching me patience. (Just to see it officially officially, you know.)  Everybody's all here and in Draft posting rejections and waitlists and I'm like Notre Dame, I know you didn't forget me. Ach.

the office hug GIF by EditingAndLayout

Mine just showed up about 20 minutes ago, so these all seem to be staggered in a weird way. 

But, like you said, maybe next year if Washington doesn't come through. My list for next year is going to be real long.

1 minute ago, Greel said:

I heard from VCU on Monday. Not sure if they’re done notifying or not. I have a call with them coming up so I can ask!

Omg sweetie you definitely don't have to but if you do I would owe you my firstborn

Honestly just knowing if everything went out will be enough, because apparently in previous years they rejected by snail mail and my heart just cannot take waiting for a rejection in the mail

3 hours ago, Ydrl said:

Is everyone except me high???

Not high over here! I would love to be, but I can’t partake these days. Whomp whomp

Edited by NLake

5 minutes ago, mrvisser said:

Mine just showed up about 20 minutes ago, so these all seem to be staggered in a weird way. 

But, like you said, maybe next year if Washington doesn't come through. My list for next year is going to be real long.

But look at it this way--you have at least one round under your belt, and you can really take time to research/grow/write. You are totally going to get in to at least one next year if Washington doesn't come through. You're like my original ND buddy on here, so I am rooting extra 1bjillion percent hard for you. :)❤️ P.S. Don't forget you're more than some MFA rejections. ✌️

3 minutes ago, panglosian said:

Omg sweetie you definitely don't have to but if you do I would owe you my firstborn

Honestly just knowing if everything went out will be enough, because apparently in previous years they rejected by snail mail and my heart just cannot take waiting for a rejection in the mail

I can definitely ask! Not sure if they’ll tell me, but no harm in asking :) Panglosian, sorry I forgot are you fiction or poetry? 

24 minutes ago, Greel said:

I can definitely ask! Not sure if they’ll tell me, but no harm in asking :) Panglosian, sorry I forgot are you fiction or poetry? 

Fiction!

33 minutes ago, eternalwhitenights said:

But look at it this way--you have at least one round under your belt, and you can really take time to research/grow/write. You are totally going to get in to at least one next year if Washington doesn't come through. You're like my original ND buddy on here, so I am rooting extra 1bjillion percent hard for you. :)❤️ P.S. Don't forget you're more than some MFA rejections. ✌️

I'm not feeling too bad about it, actually. The only part that sucks is all the waiting again, but I feel inspired and ready for more of this next year. I've learned a lot, and I already see a lot in my writing right now that's better than when I applied this round. I think we've got this next year!

Hey, if you guys ever have questions about applying next year, I’m probably going to do what @feralgrad does and pop up randomly next cycle to see how everyone is doing. This is my second cycle, and I have tips. Arguably too many tips due to excessive research and asking a lot of people a lot of questions.

i'm really glad I was distracted when this Brown news dropped, bc otherwise it fully has the power to wreck me (in part bc I think this means all of my schools have now officially contacted ~some~ if not all people, and I was starting to try to really prepare myself for rejections but I don't think I'm ready to get them almost all at once hahahaaA)

23 minutes ago, panglosian said:

Brown fiction acceptance yesterday. I repeat: Brown fiction acceptance yesterday. 

I am not ready for this!! What happened to mid March??

2 hours ago, eternalwhitenights said:

Jesus is REALLY teaching me patience.

If Jesus taught me anything this year, it was to give up early because every school said no. A straight flush. 

1 hour ago, mrvisser said:

I think we've got this next year!

I might quote you on this one year from now. See y'all next year. It's been a pleasure. 

Edited by Gertrude.

If all my decisions could come at once I’d appreciate it. I’m probably being rejected from V Tech, Texas, Rutgers, and Florida. UNO isn’t better than New Hampshire. So I’m really just waiting on Maryland, my top school, that my recommenders and I love. I’ve decided I hate notification season more than application or limbo season.

22 minutes ago, Gertrude. said:

I might quote you on this one year from now. See y'all next year. It's been a pleasure. 

You best quote me on it. Can't wait for next season, bud.

5 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

If all my decisions could come at once I’d appreciate it. I’m probably being rejected from V Tech, Texas, Rutgers, and Florida. UNO isn’t better than New Hampshire. So I’m really just waiting on Maryland, my top school, that my recommenders and I love. I’ve decided I hate notification season more than application or limbo season.

Waiting on Rutgers and Maryland too, among others. Can Rutgers just do me a favor and SNIPE ME ALREADY

2 hours ago, panglosian said:

My VCU rejection (dated April 1st) came on April 3rd by snail mail. Just letting you know.

Just now, Ydrl said:

My VCU rejection (dated April 1st) came on April 3rd by snail mail. Just letting you know.

Yeah that's what I've heard, that's why I want to get a jump on this to manage my expectations

Just now, panglosian said:

Yeah that's what I've heard, that's why I want to get a jump on this to manage my expectations

I almost applied to Temple this round. I finished the app, all I had to do was pay, but I didn’t have the money for that and another program so I didn’t do it. Besides, I don’t want to stay in my own state, an hour and a half from where I live now.

Just now, Ydrl said:

I almost applied to Temple this round. I finished the app, all I had to do was pay, but I didn’t have the money for that and another program so I didn’t do it. Besides, I don’t want to stay in my own state, an hour and a half from where I live now.

That's crazy!! I'm from the Philly area so it was always high on my list, I'm waiting on funding and my other responses to see what my move is though. 

5 minutes ago, panglosian said:

That's crazy!! I'm from the Philly area so it was always high on my list, I'm waiting on funding and my other responses to see what my move is though. 

There’s a part of me that’s really, really hoping the TAship or the writing assistant job comes through at UNH. Or I get into Maryland. I need answers.

Just now, Ydrl said:

There’s a part of me that’s really, really hoping the TAship or the writing assistant job comes through at UNH. Or I get into Maryland. I need answers.

Hoping for you and me both at Maryland, fingers crossed we both see each other around College Park one day!!! (Those are the only vibes I'm putting out there I REFUSE to be negative this year)