2021 Applicants Forum

teasel

1 minute ago, panglosian said:

Hoping for you and me both at Maryland, fingers crossed we both see each other around College Park one day!!! (Those are the only vibes I'm putting out there I REFUSE to be negative this year)

Hell yeah!

Just realized you applied to Syracuse, Cornell, and VCU. Those three were my last year schools (along with Iowa, WashU, and UNLV.

Just now, Ydrl said:

Hell yeah!

Just realized you applied to Syracuse, Cornell, and VCU. Those three were my last year schools (along with Iowa, WashU, and UNLV.

Syracuse and Cornell already gave me the boot, hoping for a VCU waitlist in the next few days (because I'm not feeling great about there still being acceptance calls left) but we'll see!

1 minute ago, panglosian said:

Syracuse and Cornell already gave me the boot, hoping for a VCU waitlist in the next few days (because I'm not feeling great about there still being acceptance calls left) but we'll see!

I hope you get some good news. I had a clean sweep last year, so you’re already doing good.

Just woke up to an update on my Notre Dame portal. I was wait listed! So, so happy. I doubt I'll get off the wait list, but I'm a bit relieved since almost every other place has rejected me. In case I don't get in, I'll likely be applying again in a year or two!

6 minutes ago, sassydragon said:

Just woke up to an update on my Notre Dame portal. I was wait listed! So, so happy. I doubt I'll get off the wait list, but I'm a bit relieved since almost every other place has rejected me. In case I don't get in, I'll likely be applying again in a year or two!

Good job! I hope you get in :)

10 minutes ago, sassydragon said:

Congrats! Last year I noticed there were some people who were accepted and said they were turning it down. So, you never know!

48 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

Good job! I hope you get in :)

Thank you so much!!

44 minutes ago, mrvisser said:

Congrats! Last year I noticed there were some people who were accepted and said they were turning it down. So, you never know!

Really hope so!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too ?

1 hour ago, sassydragon said:

Thank you so much!!

Really hope so!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too ?

Congrats!! ❤️ If I remember correctly, were you the person that had mentioned a month or two ago that you were nervous about applying as an international applicant? If so, I think you just showed yourself you can kick butt, no matter where you come from--congrats, dear. ❤️

Edited by eternalwhitenights

Hi everyone, 

I’m tired of the many days of living with my overly taut nerves, so I made an account to potentially alleviate my misery. 
Does anyone know something about how Brown handles Cross Disciplinary admissions? I saw that Poetry and Fiction seem to have separate timelines but is the same true for the Cross Disciplinary track?

Sending good fortune to everyone! 

3 hours ago, PurgatoryLobby said:

Hi everyone, 

I’m tired of the many days of living with my overly taut nerves, so I made an account to potentially alleviate my misery. 
Does anyone know something about how Brown handles Cross Disciplinary admissions? I saw that Poetry and Fiction seem to have separate timelines but is the same true for the Cross Disciplinary track?

Sending good fortune to everyone! 

I also finally made an account after lurking for days. I was rejected from Northwestern, Cornell & Notre Dame. I am also a Cross Disciplinary applicant to Brown. Hoping for some good news soon. I felt it was my strongest application overall.

6 hours ago, eternalwhitenights said:

Congrats!! ❤️ If I remember correctly, were you the person that had mentioned a month or two ago that you were nervous about applying as an international applicant? If so, I think you just showed yourself you can kick butt, no matter where you come from--congrats, dear. ❤️

Ahhh thank you so much! Yep, that was me. I'm so glad for some good news after how difficult this year has been!

29 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

Hold up, the U Florida Poetry acceptance disappeared off Gradcafe. Hope, is that you?

I’ve just given up hope....? I wanted to study with Michael Hofmann  so badly...but I heard someone was waitlisted in Poetry at U Florida the other day...first time I cried tears over applications. 

2 minutes ago, FairleyAlfy said:

I’ve just given up hope....? I wanted to study with Michael Hofmann  so badly...but I heard someone was waitlisted in Poetry at U Florida the other day...first time I cried tears over applications. 

Damn, I also wanted to work with Michael Hofmann. Oh well, maybe Maryland will have better news. You also applied to Maryland yeah?

13 hours ago, panglosian said:

Brown fiction acceptance yesterday. I repeat: Brown fiction acceptance yesterday. 

Oh God, not ready for this one, either. Honestly, I thought I'd prefer a spread out acceptance/rejection, but at this point, I think I just want it over with so I can get on with my life lol.

17 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

Damn, I also wanted to work with Michael Hofmann. Oh well, maybe Maryland will have better news. You also applied to Maryland yeah?

Haha Yep! Maybe we’ll be there together. Fingers crossed!! 

31 minutes ago, FairleyAlfy said:

Haha Yep! Maybe we’ll be there together. Fingers crossed!! 

I hope so. Maryland would be awesome!

Don’t mean to make you nervous, but did your portal ever update?

14 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

It did! It’s under program review lol 

14 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

Is under program review the good one or bad? I can’t remember 

1 hour ago, Ydrl said:

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but on the topic, my portal at Notre Dame never updated, and it's tripping me out a bit. ? Everyone else seemed to get their rejections just fine, but I never have gotten an official email, nor has ND's website updated beyond the "To date, there is no decision on your application" button/text. Alissa's (the grad coordinator who informed me of the decision on my app) email had said my portal should have updated on Friday with the rejection/disapproval info when the system did its weekly update, but nada, even though everyone else's went through no problem.

I just want to see the letter so I know it's for real, for real, you know? That will help closure-wise for me this year, at least. /emotions

Basically, did anyone else's ND portal not change or did they not receive any sort of rejection email? Waitlisters seem to have gotten theirs all right, too...(basically, has anyone else received zero updates for ND and/or still have their application decision as "pending"?) I am probably WAY overly reading into this, but my heart's like...ummm, where you at, official update/letter? Just hmmm.

Edited by eternalwhitenights

1 hour ago, FairleyAlfy said:

Is under program review the good one or bad? I can’t remember 

That’s the one I’m at rn. It’s pending, not good or bad.

1 hour ago, eternalwhitenights said:

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but on the topic, my portal at Notre Dame never updated, and it's tripping me out a bit. ? Everyone else seemed to get their rejections just fine, but I never have gotten an official email, nor has ND's website updated beyond the "To date, there is no decision on your application" button/text. Alissa's (the grad coordinator who informed me of the decision on my app) email had said my portal should have updated on Friday with the rejection/disapproval info when the system did its weekly update, but nada, even though everyone else's went through no problem.

I just want to see the letter so I know it's for real, for real, you know? That will help closure-wise for me this year, at least. /emotions

Basically, did anyone else's ND portal not change or did they not receive any sort of rejection email? Waitlisters seem to have gotten theirs all right, too...(basically, has anyone else received zero updates for ND and/or still have their application decision as "pending"?) I am probably WAY overly reading into this, but my heart's like...ummm, where you at, official update/letter? Just hmmm.

this is only based on my somewhat informed guesstimation, but it seems to me that their portal is limited in function. last week, they could only send out a few rejections and waitlists, so tbh it could very well be that your portal is one of the few that got left out this time and will be updated next friday. my impatient ass is not going to expect you to or tell you to wait until next friday in hopes of a portal update lol. you could just email alissa for the letter. i'm sure they can send a pdf through.