2021 Applicants Forum

teasel

Hey, if you all want, I can share (via google) my spreadsheet that I used to keep track of all the colleges I wanted to apply to. A sample of things on the spreadsheets include: Deadlines, professors I’d want to work with, local apartments costs compared to stipends, SOP requirements, manuscript requirements. All that jazz. If anyone wants it, DM me and I’ll send you the link.

Just now, teasel said:

Saaaame haha.

Also, I am definitely freaking out. I'm realizing that while I'll be pretty devastated if I don't get into a program, that the root of the issue is that I hate my job and was really hoping to move someplace new with a clear and defined purpose. 

Hard same. 

Just now, teasel said:

Saaaame haha.

Also, I am definitely freaking out. I'm realizing that while I'll be pretty devastated if I don't get into a program, that the root of the issue is that I hate my job and was really hoping to move someplace new with a clear and defined purpose. 

I'm right there with ya. I'm not super happy with what I'm doing career wise... I want to run away elsewhere and be a writer. That is all. Even if we don't get in anywhere, I hope our situations still change for the better. Or if we end up in the same program, we can smoke together :') ❤️

Just now, tippybug said:

Come join me hehehe

If only I could. Weed would fuck up my schizooaffective disorder. I don’t need to feel/see centipedes crawling up my legs. I’m fine without that.

2 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

If only I could. Weed would fuck up my schizooaffective disorder. I don’t need to feel/see centipedes crawling up my legs. I’m fine without that.

Highly understandable. I can see how that would ruin the fun.

Edited by tippybug

3 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

Is everyone except me high???

i'm not either and i'm feeling like i should be lmao. but it's 2.37am where i'm at and seeing how little i've slept this past week, i'm definitely buzzing

Just now, Ydrl said:

Omg literally NO ONE needs to feel or see that. You’re making the right choice. You should just eat a regular brownie instead. 

1 minute ago, CrankyGinger said:

Omg literally NO ONE needs to feel or see that. You’re making the right choice. You should just eat a regular brownie instead. 

I also have auditory and olfactory hallucinations when my meds don’t work, so who knows how fucked up weed would make me. At least I don’t hallucinate tastes.

1 minute ago, DeepSyntax said:

tfw it's Friday at 4pm and there are two hours left of the work week for schools to send out email notifications.

Some schools send out notifications away later than that, especially if they’re under pressure to get replies out soon.

40 minutes ago, teasel said:

Saaaame haha.

^Exact same thought process here, was hoping this would be the next step and a way out of my current rut

1 hour ago, babypoet2k said:

update from draft: there's a poetry acceptance from brown SHITSA HAPPENINGGGGGG

(also brown playwriting rejections and waitlists have gone out)

oh no.... I'm not ready for this