MSW.K

On 2/13/2021 at 9:33 PM, ElizabethPD said:

I asked them about funding because my decision mostly relies on how much money I get. They said that they're hoping to send out scholarship info by the end of February. Also, in one of their info sessions, they mentioned that the scholarship max is 16k/year

I received an email from them this afternoon with scholarship awards/info!

26 minutes ago, cwever said:

I received an email from them this afternoon with scholarship awards/info!

Me too! I appreciate their promptness. Unfortunately, I only got $9,000 per year, so it looks like I'll be going to the University of Maryland, Baltimore, where I can get in-state tuition.

1 hour ago, bkcase said:

Today of all days, I was not expecting to hear from Columbia (don't schools observe Presidents Day?), but I did! Just received an acceptance. I applied 12/15. Anyone else hear back today?

Congrats! I applied to Columbia 12/1 and have yet to hear back. Hoping this doesn't mean I'm rejected ?

Edited by MSW_2021

13 hours ago, MSW_2021 said:

Congrats! I applied to Columbia 12/1 and have yet to hear back. Hoping this doesn't mean I'm rejected ?

I really really don't think that's the case. I'm sure they just roll 'em out in waves. Keep us posted, and good luck!!!

16 hours ago, bkcase said:

Today of all days, I was not expecting to hear from Columbia (don't schools observe Presidents Day?), but I did! Just received an acceptance. I applied 12/15. Anyone else hear back today?

Congrats!! Did you apply for the traditional two year?

Hey there,

Has anyone successfully received a decision deadline extension from USC, and for how long? I was accepted last week, but was surprised by the 2 week turnaround. Still waiting on several programs. I've emailed for an extension and haven't heard back.

Has anyone who was accepted to UMich via phone call gotten the official letter yet? If so, how long after the call did you receive your letter? I only got the call last week so I'm not expecting it until later this month, but am just curious of how long I should be expecting to wait. Thanks!!

3 minutes ago, mswfall2021 said:

Has anyone who was accepted to UMich via phone call gotten the official letter yet? If so, how long after the call did you receive your letter? I only got the call last week so I'm not expecting it until later this month, but am just curious of how long I should be expecting to wait. Thanks!!

I got the call the last week of January and within two weeks a decision was posted on the portal which said that I would get an official letter soon.

On 2/15/2021 at 6:01 AM, rsimons1993 said:

Hey all. Has anyone heard back from UC Berkeley yet?

Nothing yet. :( 

They’re my #1, but none of the schools I applied to have sent decisions yet. I’m so nervous! I sent in my applications on the deadline for all schools (I know, not smart) so I imagine that might contribute to the delay for me.

On 2/15/2021 at 11:40 AM, christina k said:

Hey! I contacted about the appeal process and it includes a 5 pg paper that details need and merit and the office also said that the reevaluation of funds is not guaranteed to happen before the March 15th decision deadline. I got a decent scholarship from Penn and I don’t think, just from talking to them, that they would be willing to match offers that are significantly higher. hope this helps!

Hi! Congrats on your Penn acceptance btw! I recently got news that I got accepted in Penn's program too. I am waiting on financial aid, which will be a huge factor in my decision.. could I ask how long it took for Penn to get back to you with financial aid? 

39 minutes ago, nettyspaghetti said:

They’re my #1, but none of the schools I applied to have sent decisions yet. I’m so nervous! I sent in my applications on the deadline for all schools (I know, not smart) so I imagine that might contribute to the delay for me.

I applied on the deadline date of all my schools too, I'm anxiously awaiting responses but realistically feel like it'll be another month before I hear ?

52 minutes ago, mswfall2021 said:

46 minutes ago, eMSW21 said:

I got the call the last week of January and within two weeks a decision was posted on the portal which said that I would get an official letter soon.

I got the call 1/12 and then the official letter 1/28!

1 hour ago, nettyspaghetti said:

40 minutes ago, fiofarrell17 said:

I applied on the deadline date of all my schools too, I'm anxiously awaiting responses but realistically feel like it'll be another month before I hear ?

I am finishing up an app close to the deadline as well... does anyone know if traditionally applying on or near the deadline as opposed to earlier lessens your chances at all?

9 minutes ago, monavocado said:

I am finishing up an app close to the deadline as well... does anyone know if traditionally applying on or near the deadline as opposed to earlier lessens your chances at all?

It shouldn't lessen your chance but I'm under the impression that most schools review the applications in the order they were submitted! 

1 hour ago, sjk155 said:

Hi! Congrats on your Penn acceptance btw! I recently got news that I got accepted in Penn's program too. I am waiting on financial aid, which will be a huge factor in my decision.. could I ask how long it took for Penn to get back to you with financial aid? 

hey! congrats to you as well! I never received a financial aid package only a scholarship with my acceptance. The finaid office said applicants don’t get a full loan and work-study package until after they accept their offer of admission sometime in the summer. I’m not sure why they do this?? but it is frustrating to wait that long?

2 hours ago, nettyspaghetti said:

I hear ya!! Well I will post an update if I do hear anything. And yes I would certainly not worry! I'm sure it won't affect their decision, but maybe just affect their time in responding. 

15 minutes ago, christina k said:

hey! congrats to you as well! I never received a financial aid package only a scholarship with my acceptance. The finaid office said applicants don’t get a full loan and work-study package until after they accept their offer of admission sometime in the summer. I’m not sure why they do this?? but it is frustrating to wait that long?

Oh shoot wait they included a scholarship when they told you that you got in? Yikes I didn't get any news like that in the email that they sent me.. but whoa that's a huge amount of time. I'm having a hard time choosing between UPenn and BC (who gave me a scholarship in my acceptance email as), and financial aid was going to be my deciding factor ;/ 

14 minutes ago, sjk155 said:

Oh shoot wait they included a scholarship when they told you that you got in? Yikes I didn't get any news like that in the email that they sent me.. but whoa that's a huge amount of time. I'm having a hard time choosing between UPenn and BC (who gave me a scholarship in my acceptance email as), and financial aid was going to be my deciding factor ;/ 

Wait now that I think about it, were you referring to the official offer of admission letter that is sent out a week after you're initially told that you're accepted? Sorry for the confusion! Talking about money makes me frazzled lol ?

7 minutes ago, sjk155 said:

Wait now that I think about it, were you referring to the official offer of admission letter that is sent out a week after you're initially told that you're accepted? Sorry for the confusion! Talking about money makes me frazzled lol ?

Yeah I was just about to ask if you got the official letter yet lol. I’d wait until you see the scholarship before you completely rule it out! They were more generous than any other school I got into thus far. Penn is the most expensive school I applied for though. Really wish we’d have the full package sooner to help in the decision making process 

49 minutes ago, christina k said:

Yeah I was just about to ask if you got the official letter yet lol. I’d wait until you see the scholarship before you completely rule it out! They were more generous than any other school I got into thus far. Penn is the most expensive school I applied for though. Really wish we’d have the full package sooner to help in the decision making process 

Sorry I'm just neurotic af LOL thanks for sharing your experiences with me!! It's good to hear that they're generous! 

Yeah for sure.. weird that they aren't fully transparent with that?