I just got off the waitlist for Dal! Funny enough, they never contacted me so I didnt know I was on the waitlist. For those who havent heard from them, youre probably on the waitlist too! I already accepted else where, so I will be declining the offer, opening the spot to someone else :) 

On 4/4/2021 at 3:38 AM, SLPen said:

Just a little follow up! There doesn't seem to be one right now.

Would anyone be interested in a Discord server instead of a Facebook group?
(would be neat to have organized channels!)

On 4/19/2021 at 1:08 PM, Livslp2021 said:

Has anyone created or is there a Facebook group or anything for McGill?

I just made a FB group!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/801982277360427

I'll be sure to make it nicer once finals are over haha but at least now we have a place to connect :)

9 minutes ago, Quote_Actual said:

I just got off the waitlist for Dal! Funny enough, they never contacted me so I didnt know I was on the waitlist. For those who havent heard from them, youre probably on the waitlist too! I already accepted else where, so I will be declining the offer, opening the spot to someone else :) 

where did you accept?

Does selecting "After Degree Conferred" for final transcript options on ORPAS also serve as proof of prerequisites completed (since I'm doing 2 this semester) and proof of graduation/diploma for conditional offers? 

On 4/20/2021 at 3:30 PM, SLPen said:

I just made a FB group!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/801982277360427

I'll be sure to make it nicer once finals are over haha but at least now we have a place to connect :)

Hi I just got accepted off the waitlist at McGill & I am feeling really conflicted about where to go - can someone who has decided to go to McGill please send me a message - I have heard really conflicted about where I should go

I just recieved my offer from McMaster for SLP (I was waitlisted). I was declined at Western. I only applied to Mac and Western. I have a 3.9 sub-GPA for those who are curious. Very little volunteer experience and none directly related to the field. But I guess at Mac you just need to have the grades and perform well enough on the MMI. 

Anyway, I am probably going to accept. I didn't think I was going to get in to be honest, and I was starting to lean more towards Audiology for next year's application. But I am still very interested in SLP, and given how hard it is to get in, I think it would be foolish to decline, especially since there are very few Audiology programs (and I would probably only apply to Western, if I chose to go that route). Anyone have any thoughts/advice?

I'm still a bit stunned. The news hasn't really sunk in yet, but obviously I feel very fortunate to be accepted. Good luck to everyone and don't give up hope if you are on a waitlist.

7 minutes ago, JustSpeachy said:

I just recieved my offer from McMaster for SLP (I was waitlisted). I was declined at Western. I only applied to Mac and Western. I have a 3.9 sub-GPA for those who are curious. Very little volunteer experience and none directly related to the field. But I guess at Mac you just need to have the grades and perform well enough on the MMI. 

Anyway, I am probably going to accept. I didn't think I was going to get in to be honest, and I was starting to lean more towards Audiology for next year's application. But I am still very interested in SLP, and given how hard it is to get in, I think it would be foolish to decline, especially since there are very few Audiology programs (and I would probably only apply to Western, if I chose to go that route). Anyone have any thoughts/advice?

I'm still a bit stunned. The news hasn't really sunk in yet, but obviously I feel very fortunate to be accepted. Good luck to everyone and don't give up hope if you are on a waitlist.

Congrats! How much time do you have to accept your offer? Also do you know what number you were on Mac’s waitlist?  Definitely take the time and try to speak with people who work in audiology and SLP, try to think about which one aligns with your personal goals & interests the most. I worked with an SLP and she told me that essentially everyone who gets into SLP has “an SLP major” and an “audiology minor” so you still get to learn about both fields as they are intertwined. I’m sure you’ll make the best decision! Also western aud (I’m waitlisted rn) really cares about your grades & volunteer experience almost equally, so if you wanted to go for it, you would have to take this year to try to volunteer with aud clinic to get those hours.  Good luck and congrats again! 

4 hours ago, Streblo said:

Has anyone heard about the UofA waitlist?

Not me (as I had already been accepted) but there's been a couple people join the Facebook page we have over the last week who say they got accepted off the waitlist, so there has been some movement!

I also know for UofA there's no deposit, so some people might be holding onto an acceptance there and then might end up declining if they choose to go elsewhere. 

I hope you hear back soon and get in! :)

Hii, I wanted to let everyone know that I got an offer from the waitlist at McGill yesterday & ive decided to accept!

I emailed Vicki & declined my position at UofA, so if you’re on the waitlist you might get some good news!!

I also removed myself from the waitlist at Dal & McMaster!

congratulations to everyone & good luck to those of you who are still waiting !

48 minutes ago, Jelenaa said:

Should I make a fb group for Western SLP '23? That way we can stay connected, share thoughts, opinions, and possibly find roommates, among other things :) Let me know what you guys think 

Hey Jelenaa, congrats on your acceptance! There is already a group called Western SLP Class of 2023 on Facebook. :) Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1368580500182132  

16 hours ago, audiologymaybe said:

Congrats! How much time do you have to accept your offer? Also do you know what number you were on Mac’s waitlist?  Definitely take the time and try to speak with people who work in audiology and SLP, try to think about which one aligns with your personal goals & interests the most. I worked with an SLP and she told me that essentially everyone who gets into SLP has “an SLP major” and an “audiology minor” so you still get to learn about both fields as they are intertwined. I’m sure you’ll make the best decision! Also western aud (I’m waitlisted rn) really cares about your grades & volunteer experience almost equally, so if you wanted to go for it, you would have to take this year to try to volunteer with aud clinic to get those hours.  Good luck and congrats again! 

Thanks for your response. I have to accept/decline the offer by before midnight this Sunday, so very soon. I was number 32 on the waitlist at Mac, so I didn't think my chances were that good. I definitely did not expect to receive an offer this soon. 

The biggest concern for me is that I have no volunteer experience in SLP or Audiology. I only started becoming interested in them last year. I was in teacher's college and realized that teaching is a terrible profession for me, so I started looking into other things. I would have loved to volunteer but it's nearly impossible because of Covid. So, I'm worried about going down another path that isn't good for me, and a lot of people have talked about how volunteering/shadowing was a huge factor in helping them make their decision.