8 minutes ago, AudorSLP said:

When you accept an offer through ORPAS, are you provisionally accepting the offer? Is there another way to "provisionally accept" an offer?

hey! just wondering if uve decided on audiology? i saw ur posts about how u were unsure about whether to pursue audiology or SLP 

3 minutes ago, audiologymaybe said:

hey! just wondering if you've decided on audiology or SLP. trying to see how the waitlist spots will be moving haha 

Hey! I did, I firmly accepted the SLP offer a few days back:) They might be contacting people after April 16 since no one on this forum mentioned hearing from them yet? uOttawa has its ways lol 

I've finally heard back from UdeM, I'm waitlisted! ?

I'm both very happy to still be in the race and worried because I don't know my position in the waitlist yet. I should have more info in a couple of days. I really hope I'm high up because as an international student I don't have much wiggle room to start the immigration process on time... It would be heartbreaking to receive an offer too late and not be able to attend because of that.

14 minutes ago, Miya said:

I'm both very happy to still be in the race and worried because I don't know my position in the waitlist yet. I should have more info in a couple of days. I really hope I'm high up because as an international student I don't have much wiggle room to start the immigration process on time... It would be heartbreaking to receive an offer too late and not be able to attend because of that.

Hi Miya! Im happy you heard back from them finally, and congrats on being waitlisted!!! As you said, youre still in the race, you just need to be patient :) The best of luck to you!

13 minutes ago, slp20210 said:

Hi Miya! Im happy you heard back from them finally, and congrats on being waitlisted!!! As you said, youre still in the race, you just need to be patient :) The best of luck to you!

Thank you very much for your kind words. The best of luck to you too!

3 hours ago, Miya said:

félicitations Miya ! C'est une très bonne nouvelle ! Je croise les doigts pour toi :) 

14 hours ago, Mousse said:

Hey! I did, I firmly accepted the SLP offer a few days back:) They might be contacting people after April 16 since no one on this forum mentioned hearing from them yet? uOttawa has its ways lol 

haha also me getting anxious... I'm still on the waitlist and I don't know how many people accepted their offer lol 

1 hour ago, slp3 said:

Hi Guys! What does it mean to provisionally accept an offer? Do we have to be on the waitlist do this or can we just do this if we are unsure of where to go 100%?

Hi! The FAQ near the bottom of this page might help you. 

https://www.ouac.on.ca/faq-application/orpas/page/3/#:~:text=A provisional acceptance means that,to choose between the 2.

Basically, it's sort of like you get an extended time to make a decision as you'll be able to stay on waitlists for other schools until you hear back, at which point you'll have to make an official decision. It says you can't hold two acceptances (provisional or firm) at the same time, so I'd assume this would really only work if you've been accepted to one and are on the waitlist for another (or more). If you've been accepted to two schools right now, you can't provisionally accept both of them now, you'll have to choose one.

On 3/20/2021 at 8:40 AM, Wuglette said:

Thanks for sharing this information! :) Would you mind sharing how many people are in your cohort? I was able to find some information that stated that McGill's program had about 27 spots, but it's been hard finding any information provided directly from McGill, so I am not sure if that number is outdated or not. 

I'm think they keep it relatively similar in terms of cohort size each year -- we have 29! :)

1 hour ago, EmSLP2021 said:

Has anyone on the Dal waitlist been accepted yet? 

I got off the waitlist last Friday, not sure if anyone else has posted about movement off the waitlist yet. Deadline is April 15th to accept so maybe more movement will happen after that?

33 minutes ago, AudorSLP said:

Is the deadline April 15th or April 16th? On my acceptance letter at Western, it says the 16th?

It’s the 16th for Ontario schools (U of T and Western at least). Some schools mark the 15th as the deadline (ie UBC, not sure about other schools)

I applied to both SLP and occupational therapy this year. Does anyone know if there is a forum on here or a group somewhere to chat about OT admissions? I haven't been able to find anything.