5 minutes ago, 2021speechie said:

Do we know how many people are on Dals waitlist?

Ā 

Not sure! But their email says they won't answer any emails about waitlist position/probability inquiries, and also that there is no particular order for their waitlist, which is interesting.

27 minutes ago, SLP_hopeful123 said:

Does anyone know how many spots UBC reserves for BC residents and how many are up for grabs for people from other provinces? They mention that people from BC are favored/preferred on their website.Ā 

Hey! I applied to Audiology at UBC and when I spoke to Winnie Wong about the reserved seats she said a majority of theĀ seats are held for residents of BC, Yukon, NWT andĀ Nunavut, no specific number. She didn't specify if that was just for the AUDI program but I believe it holds true for both the AUDI program and the SLP program. Hope this helps a little bit! :)Ā 

46 minutes ago, SLP_hopeful123 said:

Does anyone know how many spots UBC reserves for BC residents and how many are up for grabs for people from other provinces? They mention that people from BC are favored/preferred on their website.Ā 

I spokeĀ with Winnie back in February, and she said that it's a government mandate in BC that 90% of admitted students have to be BC, Yukon, or NWT, or Nunavut residents.

Hi everyone 1st time poster here! I was advised by Janet that I am in the top of the 2nd quadrant at Western for SLP! I've also been accepted to the CDA programs and I'm planning to go into that program if I don't hear back from Western. Right nowĀ I am trying to plan for both scenariosĀ ?

Anyone else in the same boat? PM me if you are, would love to hear your thoughts!

30 minutes ago, nessiespeech said:

Has anyone else not heard back from UBC yet?

I haven't and it's driving me crazy! I'm assuming it'll be a rejection at this point since they've already sent out acceptance and waitlist offers, but it'd be nice to know for sure :(Ā 

Hey guys! Some people on previous forums have speculated that the U of A waitlist offers are sent in theĀ order of the waitlist. Feel free to message me if you would like to share the time you received your offer :) Congratulations to everyone both accepted and waitlisted :D

1 hour ago, ewdavid said:

I spokeĀ with Winnie back in February, and she said that it's a government mandate in BC that 90% of admitted students have to be BC, Yukon, or NWT, or Nunavut residents.

Wow... that's such a huge percentage. Not even sure if it's worth it then to apply out of province.Ā ?

Hey everyone! I got my official acceptance letter from U of A today and I accepted my offer!!! Super exciting!Ā I will be declining Dal so hopefully someone else hears from them soon! Also IĀ won't be taking McGill's offer if I end up getting off the waitlist. Goodluck to all of you and can't wait to meet those of you who are also accepting U of A :)

Question.Ā I have a conditional acceptance at UofA pending completion of my stats prereq; does anyone know if I have to actually do well in this course or can I just pass it? LOL

1 hour ago, slpeventually127 said:

Hey everyone! I got my official acceptance letter from U of A today and I accepted my offer!!! Super exciting!Ā I will be declining Dal so hopefully someone else hears from them soon! Also IĀ won't be taking McGill's offer if I end up getting off the waitlist. Goodluck to all of you and can't wait to meet those of you who are also accepting U of A :)

Did you receive an email saying that the letter was in your portal?