Just now, Luck26 said:

I feel very lucky to have been waitlisted at a couple schools but I am still holding out hope that I can get an acceptance. UBC is the only school I haven't heard from so I am spending a lot of mental energy on this haha. It feels weird that AUDI would send out and not SLP I don't know if they have in the past but now I'm worried that SLP is delayed for some reason... but these are just thoughts I torture myself with

Haha, I spent some time perusing the results portal and old forums (I have a life I swear, but also no impulse control haha). It looks like it's common for them to release audi a day or two before SLP, so I don't know that this is a special delay per se; but I was hoping we'd have heard by this time today 

4 minutes ago, thespeechdream said:

Hi guys! This might be a strange question but does anyone know if we have to have our camera's on for the open house tomorrow for UofT? I'm debating whether I should dress up or not.

Oh I hadn’t thought about that, I was going to attend with my PJs on and my camera off LOL! What are everyone’s plans? 

1 hour ago, Luck26 said:

I feel very lucky to have been waitlisted at a couple schools but I am still holding out hope that I can get an acceptance. UBC is the only school I haven't heard from so I am spending a lot of mental energy on this haha. It feels weird that AUDI would send out and not SLP I don't know if they have in the past but now I'm worried that SLP is delayed for some reason... but these are just thoughts I torture myself with

It’s because every email is personalized with the conditions/ remaining pre preqs, if applicable, for every applicant! Audi is only 12 letters to write and send out, so I’d assume it gets done first as it’s smaller than the 36 for SLP! I share your angst over the wait though ? Just figured I’d assuage the concern 

18 minutes ago, Speechies22 said:

Oh I hadn’t thought about that, I was going to attend with my PJs on and my camera off LOL! What are everyone’s plans? 

Haha I was also planning on wearing my comfy clothes and keeping my camera off! It didn't say anything in the email about keeping our cameras on so I doubt there will be that expectation of us. 

Oh my gosh. I feel soooo silly. The past couple years of being on the forum plus taking linguistics AND being a year into my SLP program, and I haven't been able to figure out why so many people have "wug" in their usernames! I thought it was some internet term I didn't understand haha. I JUST FIGURED IT OUT!! Sooooo clever. ? sometimes I don't know how I got accepted into grad school hahahaha but I love the usernames 

14 minutes ago, JennSed said:

Oh my gosh. I feel soooo silly. The past couple years of being on the forum plus taking linguistics AND being a year into my SLP program, and I haven't been able to figure out why so many people have "wug" in their usernames! I thought it was some internet term I didn't understand haha. I JUST FIGURED IT OUT!! Sooooo clever. ? sometimes I don't know how I got accepted into grad school hahahaha but I love the usernames 

Pls explain it to meee ?? I took linguistics like 2 years ago I can’t rmbr?

6 hours ago, SpeechST said:

Anyone hear from Dalhousie lately? :) 

I heard back from Dal on Monday the 29th. I got a reminder call from the secretary yesterday. 

So I received an email from Janet saying I'm on the 4th quadrant of the waitlist. Safe to say I am feeling really down and discouraged as this is my 2nd time applying. I did everything I could in the last year considering the pandemic to boost my application (got research experience, maintained online volunteer hours working with people with Aphasia, and redid a few courses to bring my gpa up by 0.3), and it still wasn't enough :(

I am thinking about my application next year and wanted to see if anyone who got in this year (multiple time applicant or first time applicant) had any advice for anyone applying again. 

I am stuck between going back to school again full-time or just taking a few courses and working/volunteering more in S-LP related positions. I feel so lost and stuck - especially with this pandemic and how its so hard to physically balance a bunch of things.... let alone finding volunteer positions at all. Not to mention how mentally draining this whole process is combined with covid anxiety. 

27 minutes ago, NeeksSpeech said:

So I received an email from Janet saying I'm on the 4th quadrant of the waitlist. Safe to say I am feeling really down and discouraged as this is my 2nd time applying. I did everything I could in the last year considering the pandemic to boost my application (got research experience, maintained online volunteer hours working with people with Aphasia, and redid a few courses to bring my gpa up by 0.3), and it still wasn't enough :(

I am thinking about my application next year and wanted to see if anyone who got in this year (multiple time applicant or first time applicant) had any advice for anyone applying again. 

I am stuck between going back to school again full-time or just taking a few courses and working/volunteering more in S-LP related positions. I feel so lost and stuck - especially with this pandemic and how its so hard to physically balance a bunch of things.... let alone finding volunteer positions at all. Not to mention how mentally draining this whole process is combined with covid anxiety. 

I completely know how you feel. This is my third year applying and still no luck. 

After talking to a few people, i am planning on focusing on making my letter of intent and references help me stand out. A lot of the time people focus on GPA and experience stats but forget how much of a difference a solid, unique letter can make! And a few people who applied at schools like western and u of a where GPA is not their number one priority were able to be accepted with GPAs lower than 3.8

It sounds like youve had a great amount of experience already, and in a pandemic too, but i urge you not to give up! I dont have much hope that ill get in this time around either but I will keep trying no matter how long it takes :)

Edited by wugsnotdrugs

2 hours ago, SLPmed said:

Pls explain it to meee ?? I took linguistics like 2 years ago I can’t rmbr?

It's a reference to a famous test that examines how children pluralize words they've never heard before :) 

https://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803125127433

5 minutes ago, SpeechLa said:

Does anyone know when Western typically starts sending waitlist offers? Is it after the April 15th acceptance deadline? 

Western says it will be sending out waitlist offers "starting in mid to late April" so I think it will definitely be after the 15th. On past forums people seems to start hearing around the 18th but then offers continue well past that as people decline their waitlist offers and they move down the list.

12 hours ago, Abrah207 said:

I heard back from Dal on Monday the 29th. I got a reminder call from the secretary yesterday. 

Is this for SLP? I applied to both their SLP and Aud program. I heard back on the 29th as well for Aud only but still nothing for SLP! 

1 minute ago, Quote_Actual said:

Is this for SLP? I applied to both their SLP and Aud program. I heard back on the 29th as well for Aud only but still nothing for SLP! 

For SLP!