15 minutes ago, Luck26 said:

I know it is all speculation but I does anyone have any thoughts about how many people are in each quadrant? I know that in the past people said that they got in from the second quadrant and maybe people get offered from 3/4th quadrants b/c posts on the forum seem to fizzle later in the summer when those offers might go out. 

In can't find it rn but someone on a thread last year said that they were told by Janet that there are 100 people placed on the waitlist. I would assume that would mean 25 people in each 

12 minutes ago, neuroling said:

In can't find it rn but someone on a thread last year said that they were told by Janet that there are 100 people placed on the waitlist. I would assume that would mean 25 people in each 

Someone in the program told me that for her year they accepted 52 people and 52 were on the waitlist, meaning there would be 13 people in each quadrant I think. It obviously could have changed but just thought I’d mentioned it!

11 minutes ago, SLP2020!! said:

Someone in the program told me that for her year they accepted 52 people and 52 were on the waitlist, meaning there would be 13 people in each quadrant I think. It obviously could have changed but just thought I’d mentioned it!

Oh, good to know that it may change year to year. Thanks for the heads up!

12 minutes ago, SLP2020!! said:

I am pretty sure that they would only put the amount of people that they have seats for on the waitlist as well. So it would make sense to have 52 people on the waitlist for 52 seats! That is how McGill does it as well. They have 20ish seats and around 20-30 people in their waitlist!

Just now, thespeechdream said:

I am pretty sure that they would only put the amount of people that they have seats for on the waitlist as well. So it would make sense to have 52 people on the waitlist for 52 seats! That is how McGill does it as well. They have 20ish seats and around 20-30 people in their waitlist!

I definitely read that Janet said that there were 100 people one year, but also very possible that it was an exceptional year or that they anticipated really high turnover for some reason :) 

Edited by neuroling

Hi Everyone! Congrats on all the acceptances and waitlist offers as well! For those who did not receive an offer this year, please do not lose hope! You have all worked so hard and good things are waiting to come!! 

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be accepting UofT's offer and declining Mac's and McGill's offer so I hope this helps out some people! Good luck! 

Just now, neuroling said:

I definitely read that Janet said that there were 100 people one year, but also very possible that it was an exceptional year or that they anticipated really high turnover for some reason :) 

ah I hope it was an exception! It creates so much anxiety for people!? 

Hi Guys! 

I just had a quick question regarding final transcripts. UofT's offer letter said that you need to make arrangements ASAP for ORPAS to receive your final transcripts. Does anyone know how that process works? Do we have to put in another transcript request to ORPAS or is it done automatically for us?

15 minutes ago, neuroling said:

Interesting! I was also under the impression that there were 100 people but I’d much prefer if it were 52 haha! If anybody asks Janet please PM me with the info if you’re comfortable. 
I have a bit of a suspicion that the waitlist this year may be longer than average due to the unpredictability of the pandemic. Trying to cover all their bases ?

20 minutes ago, neuroling said:

Has anyone received heir formal letter from UA/had their portal updated yet? Just curious

I haven’t yet! Vicki said it could take up to 2 weeks, so I am assuming we should have a portal update by Friday the 9th or Monday the 12th because of this long weekend.

Hi all,

I will be declining Toronto but am now deciding between McMaster and Western.

I have spoken to a student at Western but was wondering if anyone who is in this thread attends McMaster for SLP or knows someone who does, would you ever so kindly message me please!

Thank you!

On 4/2/2021 at 4:26 PM, InspiredSpeechPath said:

Hey! did anyone receive scholarships from Mac or U of T with their offer letter ? 

Hey I was also wondering if anyone got a scholarship from Mac or Uoft?

20 hours ago, Quote_Actual said:

Did anyone get any acceptances with a subGPA under 3.8?

I did, please send me a message if you want more detailled stats :)

6 hours ago, neuroling said:

I was waitlisted last year for Western and I was in the 2nd quadrant. I never got off the waitlist. Last year it only got through the 1st quadrant. I am in the 3rd quadrant this year for the waitlist, so I'm not very hopeful :(

11 hours ago, gradschoolpls said:

Hey, I know that most programs advise that there will be no time to have a part time job, but has any grad students been able to manage both, or know anyone that has maintained a part time job while in SLP masters program? 

There are quite a few people in my program that have part time jobs :)