This was first time applying and I’ve been rejected at Mac and UofT but waitlisted at Western. Honestly I’m thrilled to be waitlisted! Especially considering that my sGPA is not that impressive. I realize how difficult it is to get into these programs so I’m happy to be even that much closer. Hopefully I’m in an earlier quadrant and still have a chance! I believe that Western usually sees a substantial amount of movement in the waitlist. 

20 minutes ago, Cindy Lou said:

A HUGE congrats to everyone who has received an acceptance so far! That's super exciting! Was just curious if anyone has heard from UBC yet or have any idea when they might release acceptance emails? 

I haven't and neither have any of my friends who applied there. Last year they sent out rejections on the 7th. At this point it will most definitely be after the long weekend but hopefully before the 7th

3 minutes ago, Speechies22 said:

Hi everyone, my Western acceptance has just been updated on ORPAS but it says the offer expiry date is April 8 (their admission letter said respond by April 16). Is this the case for anyone else? 

Ya my ORPAS also said April 8th, I thought it was odd but maybe a mistake? I didn't want to risk it so I accepted today ?

Hello Everyone, 

I was accepted into McMaster, U of T, Western, and Dalhousie. I am having trouble making a decision of which to attend. If anyone has any advise of the pros and cons of each program, I would be grateful to hear them. 

Edited by Abrah207

9 minutes ago, Abrah207 said:

Hello Everyone, 

I was accepted into McMaster, U of T, Western, and Dalhousie. I am having trouble making a decision of which to attend. If anyone has any advise of the pros and cons of each program, I would be grateful to hear them. 

Do you have any sort of preferences about where you’d want to work in the future or with what population? Are any of these schools closer to where you live currently? If I had a choice about what school to go to I personally would go to whatever ends up costing the least. 

8 hours ago, Luck26 said:

Whoever has the answer to this question could become a god on this forum. This is very anecdotal but it seems like more peoples top choice was UofT vs Western so I feel like there might be more movement on that list. Assuming that most people who got in at one got in to the other. Creeping on past forums I would say it is common for people to get in off the waitlist but not everyone so without knowing your place it is impossible to know. 

This is also what I’ve heard from speaking to former/current students. It appears that usually if someone applied and got into UofT they often also applied and got into Western and then choose UofT. Apparently if you want to work in the GTA or bigger research hospitals UofT is the way to go but I’m very unsure about how true that is.  

7 hours ago, slp20210 said:

Hi,

For anyone curious, I emailed uOttawa and they told me that they cannot tell me HOW many people are on the waitlist. She only told me that 100 people applied to uOttawa this year for the SLP program. Hope this helps :) Best. 

yes... they can't tell you how much people there's on the waitlist. However, if you go on the OUAC's website, it's indicated how many people applied and how many got in ! :)  So there was 99 applicants and 25 of them got accepted... Just keep in mind that these people might accept other offers/universities. I got waitlisted also haha so I'm trying to stay positive as much as I can haha ! 

Good luck and feel free to message me if you need to :) 

13 hours ago, Cindy Lou said:

A HUGE congrats to everyone who has received an acceptance so far! That's super exciting! Was just curious if anyone has heard from UBC yet or have any idea when they might release acceptance emails? 

After the long weekend I think, maybe end of next week?

11 hours ago, Abrah207 said:

Hello Everyone, 

Congratulations!!! I applied to Dalhousie and still haven't heard anything back from them. When did you hear back about yours? 

Hey everyone! I just firmly accepted my offer from Western! ? Ahh! It feels so real now! Good luck to everyone who is still making decisions, and who are still waiting to hear back/get off the waitlist (there should be some spots opening up at McMaster, UofT, and uOttawa now that I've declined those offers!) If anyone else is planning to go to Western please feel free to PM me, I would love to get to know everyone! Also, does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for Western's SLP Class of 2023 yet? 

Edited by Wuglette

16 hours ago, pls_SLP said:

For those of you who applied for your second time around, did you have to go through the entire process of reaching out to professors and clinicians for references all over again? I don't think the balls in my court this year, so I'm already thinking about next year's process ahh lol. So overwhelming

Yes, everything has to be done over again :( 

Hi Everyone! First time poster here, and I'm still kinda figuring out the site but I've been following this thread for a while and I love how everyone is so supportive! I just had to join this community!!

I've been been accepted to U of T, Western, and McMaster!! I will be declining McMaster, and I am really undecided between Western and U of T. If anyone has some advice or insight to the programs/student life/housing I would love to hear!! 

14 hours ago, Abrah207 said:

Hello Everyone, 

Hey I was also having trouble deciding between McMaster and Uoft. Does anyone have advise on these programs and anything about their clinical placements as well?

2 hours ago, Loly694 said:

Congratulations!!! I applied to Dalhousie and still haven't heard anything back from them. When did you hear back about yours? 

Thanks!  I got an email on Monday the 29th.  However, I have heard that the emails are slow to release from the school. I hope you hear positively from Dal!

14 hours ago, Abrah207 said:

Hello Everyone, 

First time poster here! I'm not as familiar with Dalhousie as I am with the Ontario schools, but I got accepted to U of T, Western, and Mac - I'm personally going with Toronto. Aside from it being the 1st-ranked school in Canada with so many opportunities (and connections) post-grad, I am over the moon for the city. This is non-program related, but because I am leaving my friends/family to start fresh, I know that I can keep myself busy with school and keep my mental state in check with all the activities, diversity, and hospitality of the city. Essentially, it'll be a home away from home?. I've also reached out to students who've gotten accepted into the above programs, and there seems to be a common theme around U of T as well. 

It really does remind me of the New York City of Canada, and I'm so beyond excited to start my new chapter there! 

Just now, Speechies22 said:

For anyone who was accepted by both U of T and Western, can you please PM me? It’d be great to hear about why some of you decide to choose one school over the other? I’m very indecisive as they’re both great schools! 

I'm in the same boat, and would love to hear others' thoughts on this as well - please PM me too! :)